Am I the only one who doesn't have a problem with Fisher

eball

I mean, come on -- at least the guy is into the game and trying to have fun. It was preseason and he had a substitute punter in the game. He gave the fans something to get excited about in a meaningless game. Good for him.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. I loved it and laughed out loud. <probably the only time it doesn't hurt is pre-season>

Very clever play, but I can't see them trying it again this year.

Made every hi-lite on every news channel: "Football's Back!"

Edit: Who gets credit for safteys when the opposition chooses to take one? It's a stat, right?

No issue with it at all. With their position on the field, and the fact they had the back-up punter in the game, April should have had the guys more aware of the possibility. So if anything it is a good preseason reminder for our special teams to pay closer attention and play situational football once the regular season rolls around.

I mean, come on -- at least the guy is into the game and trying to have fun. It was preseason and he had a substitute punter in the game. He gave the fans something to get excited about in a meaningless game. Good for him.

That play was very cool to watch. My issue with Fisher is why he yanked the undrafted rookie quarterback and put the 6 year vet back in just because the Bills came within 7 points after Reggies' Int. return. Since that backfired and Ramsey couldn't move the team and run out the clock anyway, I was rooting for Dick-less to put Fitzy and some of the starters back in himself to really go for the win - right back into Fishers' face.

Because preseason success correlates with regular season success, right?

You are right sir. Ask the 4-0-0 preseason Lions how they parlayed that "momentum" into the first 0-16-0 season in NFL history last year. :wallbash::thumbsup:

I did have a problem with that play. Maybe only because I felt like slapping Fisher's face when he was shown laughing about it (lol).But seriously something just felt wrong about that play call. I wondered did I feel this way only because I'm a Bills fan and it happened to our team, but after further consideration, I would have thought that play was wrong even if it was the Titans versus any team. That being said, it is his right to call any play he chooses. I thought it was bush league, but he does have the right to call it. Maybe he did it because he knows these two teams will meet again when it counts. Or maybe it was his huge ego that made him do it. Either way I do hope the Bills learn from it and use it as incentive when they play the Titans for real.

Maybe Bobby April can add that play to his bag of tricks...Morman's a pretty fast guy

I had no problem with the play, if your gonna take a big chance on a fake punt then why not do it in preseason.

I'll wager Bruce Smith wanted to strangle Fisher though, he stated he still feels that music city miracle play was a forward pass, I concur with Bruce.

The Bills were robbed that game, but I suppose it makes up for the greatest comeback in NFL history, where Andre Reed stepped out of bounds on the touchdown pass.

I love it because he devised a play that could evolve to having many options. Think about Roscoe as man in motion, could take a handoff and throw, run, Brian could just kick it, run it or pass himself. Using it on National TV might not been best moves in this copy cat league but what better way to practice it than in preseason, isnt that what preseason is for???

I love it because he devised a play that could evolve to having many options. Think about Roscoe as man in motion, could take a handoff and throw, run, Brian could just kick it, run it or pass himself. Using it on National TV might not been best moves in this copy cat league but what better way to practice it than in preseason, isnt that what preseason is for???

It could also lead to your punter getting killed, if the defender(s) doesn't(don't) bite on the fake.

I think it's a great play to do something like that in the preseason because, besides the obvious benefit of getting practice for running a trick play in 'real' game conditions, it gives other teams something to think about in the regular season. Plus - he didn't "give away" some play he was planning on running in the regular season (he said he would never run that variation with his real punter in the regular season and risk injury) - if anything he would show the same look and get the other team thinking about what they ran in the preseason then run some other option off of it (or just punt - and since the other team may be keying on the trick play they won't be focused on blocking the kick or setting up the return).

I'll wager Bruce Smith wanted to strangle Fisher though, he stated he still feels that music city miracle play was a forward pass, I concur with Bruce.

The Bills were robbed that game, but I suppose it makes up for the greatest comeback in NFL history, where Andre Reed stepped out of bounds on the touchdown pass.

Beebe, but the ref was right there and didn't call it.

If the Bills coaches and team can't handle it, shame on them. Period.

This isn't a therapy session, it's football.