His actual quotes are almost funnier than the many parodies..thx DJ fo

zazie

“Obviously, when you lose a game it’s always a disappointment ... you’d like to win."

“The good news is that the preseason does not count on our record and that we saw a lot of players.”

“The game was pretty much decided in the first half by some interesting plays,”

“Obviously the fake punt ... it’s very difficult to defend a play like that. I’ve just got to prepare them better to do that. The punter is not generally covered ... so that was interesting on a 4th-and-12 play.

“(On) the second score they had a 3rd-and-15 ... a critical down in that series. We just can’t let people off like that ... the percentages (of getting a stop) are highly in our favor. But we gave up the first down and they continued down the field (and scored).”

“When we have a chance to score, we’ve got to score,”

“On fourth and less than two (from the Titans’ 5-yard line), we’ve got to convert that.

“The fumbled punt showed our team what we talk about all the time ... turnovers kill you and critical mistakes kill you.”

“The no-huddle looked good at times and poor at times. The first drive our first unit moved the ball down the field .. then we committed the turnover in the strike zone."

“We’ll get better (at the no-huddle) but (at least) I don’t recall that we had an illegal procedure or delay of game (penalty).”

...“Obviously the fake punt ... it’s very difficult to defend a play like that. I’ve just got to prepare them better to do that. The punter is not generally covered ... so that was interesting on a 4th-and-12 play....

Shut up Dick! I'm afraid there will be too many times you have to apologize for "not preparing" your team when the games count, for you to have to apologize for not preparing your team for a stupid arrogant playground trick play that Fisher won't have the balls to run again unless he desperately needs to, maybe , one more time during the season!

In fact, forget that. If he really had any intention of using that play, he would never have put in on film in the first preseason game. It was just a "show-off" one-time play he made up to get some attention on himself. Why do you think the egomaniac put 6 or 7 year veteran Patrick Ramsey back into the game right after Mortenseon's kid threw that nice pass right into Corner's arms making the game alarmingly close (for Fisher, anyway)? The prick made young Mortensen look like a scapegoat, and who knows, may have even been using that benching to get a cheap shot on his Dad for something the elder Moretensen may have said about Fisher or his team in the past 15 years.

All I know is that Mortensen should have been allowed to go right back on the field and finish the game, win or lose. Does anyone who has a brain think that Ramsey is really going to beat out Vince for the back up role? He is the number 3 man, and of course Mortensen is gone. The least coach ego Fisher could have done was allow Mortensen to finish up the game to get some more film in the can as he trys to catch on with a team as a long shot undrafted free agent.

All Dicky should have said was what I said after that trick play; "That was pretty cool, the way the punter handled the ball behind his back while being in the kicking motion. But no way would Fisher try that in the regular season." :thumbsup:

Of course Fisher wouldn't run that fake punt during the regular season, because unless there's a major upset on cutdown day, Trapasso won't be there. Fifty-three-year-old Craig Hentrich is their regular punter, and no way he's got those kind of wheels. Guy has nine career rushing attempts for a total of -1 yards.

Yeah, that was pretty tacky pulling Mort's boy, too. Don't sell Ramsey short, though. Young's got a huge roster bonus coming up, I believe, and it's not completely out of the realm of possibility ...

Since you did such a fine job with "Dick speak" also known as "Jauronisms", see if you can identify which if any of the following are actual quotes from D.J.

After we got down by 5 TD's in the first half, things could have really gotten out of hand, I was really proud that our guys only surrendered 20 more points in the last five mintues, that gives us something positive to work from.

The thing I learned about football is it's not how it begins bu how the play ends that really matters. We have to work harder on finishing the plays.

I really felt that the intensity was there and that our guys tried their best, the bottom line is that the final score is not always a true indication of how hardl the loosing team tries.

I am especially proud of how our special teams captain won the opening coin toss, this is something we can certainly use as a positive when preparing for our next game.

I thought that those times that we were able to actually get the ball in the quaterback's hands were a difference maker, this is something we can build on down the road.

The decision to go for it is always better when it works.

“Obviously, when you lose a game it’s always a disappointment ... you’d like to win."

“The good news is that the preseason does not count on our record and that we saw a lot of players.”

“Obviously the fake punt ... it’s very difficult to defend a play like that. I’ve just got to prepare them better to do that. The punter is not generally covered ... so that was interesting on a 4th-and-12 play.

“(On) the second score they had a 3rd-and-15 ... a critical down in that series. We just can’t let people off like that ... the percentages (of getting a stop) are highly in our favor. But we gave up the first down and they continued down the field (and scored).”

“On fourth and less than two (from the Titans’ 5-yard line), we’ve got to convert that.

“The fumbled punt showed our team what we talk about all the time ... turnovers kill you and critical mistakes kill you.”

“The no-huddle looked good at times and poor at times. The first drive our first unit moved the ball down the field .. then we committed the turnover in the strike zone."

“We’ll get better (at the no-huddle) but (at least) I don’t recall that we had an illegal procedure or delay of game (penalty).”

MY GOD!!! CAN YOU FEEL THE EMOTION?

me neither

"Obviously the fake punt ... it's very difficult to defend a play like that. I've just got to prepare them better to do that. The punter is not generally covered ... so that was interesting on a 4th-and-12 play.

Yes, it's very difficult for two unblocked guys to stop a punter from doing an end run around them. :sick:

Losing is a disease. :doh:

...as contagious as syphilis.

"Obviously an interesting day, quote-wise. I thought I sounded good, certainly you always want to make sense, but I didn't and that's probably my fault. I've just got to do a better job preparing for the interview. I'm not sure what happened on that fake-punt quote, there was some confusion there. The good news is there are a lot of questions left. Its hard to speak in the NFL."

Shut up Dick! I'm afraid there will be too many times you have to apologize for "not preparing" your team when the games count, for you to have to apologize for not preparing your team for a stupid arrogant playground trick play that Fisher won't have the balls to run again unless he desperately needs to, maybe , one more time during the season!

In fact, forget that. If he really had any intention of using that play, he would never have put in on film in the first preseason game. It was just a "show-off" one-time play he made up to get some attention on himself. Why do you think the egomaniac put 6 or 7 year veteran Patrick Ramsey back into the game right after Mortenseon's kid threw that nice pass right into Corner's arms making the game alarmingly close (for Fisher, anyway)? The prick made young Mortensen look like a scapegoat, and who knows, may have even been using that benching to get a cheap shot on his Dad for something the elder Moretensen may have said about Fisher or his team in the past 15 years.

All I know is that Mortensen should have been allowed to go right back on the field and finish the game, win or lose. Does anyone who has a brain think that Ramsey is really going to beat out Vince for the back up role? He is the number 3 man, and of course Mortensen is gone. The least coach ego Fisher could have done was allow Mortensen to finish up the game to get some more film in the can as he trys to catch on with a team as a long shot undrafted free agent.

All Dicky should have said was what I said after that trick play; "That was pretty cool, the way the punter handled the ball behind his back while being in the kicking motion. But no way would Fisher try that in the regular season." :unsure:

Yeah, you tell Jauron. Waht a jerk for standing up for his players and not bitching them out in the meida. What a monster!!! :unsure:

"Obviously an interesting day, quote-wise. I thought I sounded good, certainly you always want to make sense, but I didn't and that's probably my fault. I've just got to do a better job preparing for the interview. I'm not sure what happened on that fake-punt quote, there was some confusion there. The good news is there are a lot of questions left. Its hard to speak in the NFL."

Spot on!

Like I always say... NO FIRE in the coach, NO FIRE in the team.

For Jesus Christ's Sake, cut someone down to size or criticize someone. The defense sucked... the run blocking sucked... the fake punt (for TD, again at the hands of an Oiler trick-play) was embarassing. Try treating players who stink it up with a little disrespect and let's see what happens.

Wow dingo you are really good at it!

I love it!

So who's going to organize the "He's FINALLY gone" party at Ralph Wilson when (not if...sorry optimists) DJ finally gets the boot?

I love it!

So who's going to organize the "He's FINALLY gone" party at Ralph Wilson when (not if...sorry optimists) DJ finally gets the boot?

That will be one of the most satisfying days of my life! It can't come soon enough. What other franchise would retain the architect of a 2-8 slide?

I'm still reserving judgement, but that's what some of these uber optimists have to realize. This team ended the season 0-6 in the division and 2-8 over the last 10 games yet aside from the T.O. addition, it seems to be business as usual. If this team is any better than the one that went win-less in the division last season, I'm not seeing it yet.

That will be one of the most satisfying days of my life! It can't come soon enough. What other franchise would retain the architect of a 2-8 slide?

I'm still reserving judgement, but that's what some of these uber optimists have to realize. This team ended the season 0-6 in the division and 2-8 over the last 10 games yet aside from the T.O. addition, it seems to be business as usual. If this team is any better than the one that went win-less in the division last season, I'm not seeing it yet.

Not practising hard, not playing to win, gameday errors by DJ.

Exactly the same.

Chris effing Kelsay.

I've been keeping up with Everette Brown he is doing GREAT according to all who watch the carolina prctices. We have Maybin and Byrd instead.

EFF! EFF!

Yeah, you tell Jauron. Waht a jerk for standing up for his players and not bitching them out in the meida. What a monster!!! :huh:

Um, what? :beer:

Where, exactly, did I suggest that DJ "B word out his players in the media?" All I said was the DJ did not have to offer up appologies for his players not covering that playground trick play in a preseason game.

Since you did such a fine job with "Dick speak" also known as "Jauronisms", see if you can identify which if any of the following are actual quotes from D.J.

After we got down by 5 TD's in the first half, things could have really gotten out of hand, I was really proud that our guys only surrendered 20 more points in the last five mintues, that gives us something positive to work from.

The thing I learned about football is it's not how it begins bu how the play ends that really matters. We have to work harder on finishing the plays.

I really felt that the intensity was there and that our guys tried their best, the bottom line is that the final score is not always a true indication of how hardl the loosing team tries.

I am especially proud of how our special teams captain won the opening coin toss, this is something we can certainly use as a positive when preparing for our next game.

I thought that those times that we were able to actually get the ball in the quaterback's hands were a difference maker, this is something we can build on down the road.

The decision to go for it is always better when it works.

I'm gonna guess the last one

He sounds like some corporate lawyer. Somebody needs to level this guy on the sideline,.