bills possibly interested in vick

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this what you are referring to?

8. I think, the more I watch football this summer, Vick's new team should be the Bills. Nothing against Trent Edwards. I just think the Bills are in it to win it this year.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...l#ixzz0NnJnLIKr

Doesn't mention a thing about being interested. Just mentions that King THINKS they would be a good fit.

The Bills are set at QB, they don't want to mess with Edwards mojo.

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

Is this what you are referring to?

8. I think, the more I watch football this summer, Vick's new team should be the Bills. Nothing against Trent Edwards. I just think the Bills are in it to win it this year.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...l#ixzz0NnJnLIKr

Doesn't mention a thing about being interested. Just mentions that King THINKS they would be a good fit.

The Bills are set at QB, they don't want to mess with Edwards mojo.

No, peter king actually said on 1st and 10 the bills and packers ARE INTERESTED IN SIGNING MICHAEL VICK.......

I don't doubt that you did, but I think King is just postulating. He mentioned in the article today that he thought they would be a good fit, but didn't mention anything about the Bills showing any interest.

Why do you think Tony Dungy was in Canton?

Peter king has reported the bills and packers are interested in vick....

i say we sign him, we need a back-up qb!

and the Buffalo News reported that the Bills weren't interested...

You can count out the Buffalo Bills as a potential suitor for Michael Vick.

Russ Brandon, the team's chief operating officer/general manager, told The Buffalo News today that the Bills aren't interested in bringing in the former Atlanta Falcons quarterback.

"We wouldn't have any interest at this time," Brandon said. "We're comfortable with our roster as it stands right now."

Why not Vick? Lets have some fun. This team is going nowhere this year against the schedule it is playing. Fitzpatrick is a toad. Hamden has never played in the reg season. TE gets hurt. Vick adds unique variety and excitement. He's done his time, so PETA people go away. There are no Siberian work camps.. you do your time, you get to come back to society. So lets get him and get him cheap. He can't play for 2 months anyway.

Why not Vick? Lets have some fun.

So lets get him and get him cheap. He can't play for 2 months anyway.

That's the one big selling point to getting him in my opinion. You could probably pick him up in the bargain bin on a one (actually 1/2) year contract.

I'm sorry, but aren't a lot of you guys leaving out that fact that before Vick even went to jail a couple of years ago that he really wasn't that good of a quarterback?

Do some of you think, and I am not knocking you if you do, that going away to jail and not playing any football for years gave him insight to be a better and smarter QB than the one we have now?

While I haven't heard or read anything that leads me to believe the Bills would like to sign Vick, I consider that:

a) no team is going to advertise their interest in the guy, even if they fully intend to sign him, because they don't want to have to compete for him, and

b) I can see no lucid reason why the Bills *shouldn't* be interested in Vick. What an upgrade at backup he would make if Trent goes down or for some reason can't hack it (I doubt that would be the case, but insurance never hurts), and also what a dynamic player he would be in that runner/passer player type that has been popularized by the wildcat. He seems like he would suit that type of position better than any player who has ever played the game, Tim Tebow included, imo.

c) Trent Edwards is a professional quarterback, and if he doesn't have the psychological capacity to handle a little competition then do we really want him calling signals for us? I mean if he can lose his mojo by the Bills acquiring more talent, then he probably doesn't have the demeanor to be successful anyway.

I would be ecstatic if the Bills signed Vick.