Taking the Barometer of the Bills' playoff chances

How many of you believe the Bills make the playoffs this year?

Start rooting hard against the Jets, Jaguars, Ravens, Chargers, Texans and Chiefs.

If you somehow pull out a win this week, 4-5 is still a steep hill to climb when you're talking about catching the Ravens or the Broncos/Chargers loser (each team 6-3)

After this week, I'll wish you luck.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not entertaining any playoff hopes unless we win this Sunday.

We must have this game this Sunday because if the Bills want ANY playoff hopes, they need to win all of their AFC games remaining, highly unlikely, especially at New England on a Sunday Night, dosent get any harder then that.

Start rooting hard against the Jets, Jaguars, Ravens, Chargers, Texans and Chiefs.

110031[/snapback]

Insert Jim Mora joke here.

Besides, that sounds like too much work.

It's agonizing enough rooting for the Bills and against the Pats on top of my fantasy team.

110031[/snapback]

I will always believe until it is mathematically impossible. I don't wait all year for football season only to abandon all hope after a few weeks. We're playing well. If we learn to win on the road--starting this week--then we've got as good a chance as any other AFC team.

I will always believe until it is mathematically impossible. I don't wait all year for football season only to abandon all hope after a few weeks. We're playing well. If we learn to win on the road--starting this week--then we've got as good a chance as any other AFC team.

110078[/snapback]

Good response. All you can do is root for your team to win that particular week and go from there.

unless we run off 4-5 in a row, the playoffs are not happening..too many conference losses and losses against playoff teams will kill us in any tie breaker...if we are 8-5 with 3 to go, then things will change

110103[/snapback]

We would have a much better chance in the NFC - too many strong teams in the AFC

If you somehow pull out a win this week, 4-5 is still a steep hill to climb when you're talking about catching the Ravens or the Broncos/Chargers loser (each team 6-3) 

After this week, I'll wish you luck.

110031[/snapback]

If we can take the NE and Seattle games, there is a chance. It's not likely, but it's not impossible. The old adage "Take one game at a time" applies here.

I was just so happy watching the Jets game, we finally looked like a real NFL team again. :D

If we play like that each and every week, it's a definite possibility, right now the schedule doesn't appear to be that tough, even with only 3 home games left. Gotta take it one week at a time, & a road win this weekend is a must.

If we had won one of the earlier games, a 4-4 record would still leave open the opportunity for talking about a playoff slot. But a 3-5 record, especially in this division simply means we have effectively a zero chance of making the playoffs.

And that's not necessarily a bad thing. A number of the Bills problems have been exposed this season - this just gives the team more opportunity to work them out. And let's face it - we simply are not the same caliber team as the Pats, Steelers, etc, which perform consistently week in week out.

If we can somehow win or even compete effectively this Sunday nite, this will bode well for the future and next season...and hope springs eternal

Insert Jim Mora joke here.

Besides, that sounds like too much work.

It's agonizing enough rooting for the Bills and against the Pats on top of my fantasy team.

110067[/snapback]

You beat me too it :D

No way we make the playoffs, unless we take out Brady as we did to Penny.