Barbra Streisand Speaks

"A little patience, and we shall see the reign of witches pass over, their spells dissolve, and the people, recovering their true sight, restore their government to its true principles. It is true that in the meantime we are suffering deeply in spirit, and incurring the horrors of a war and long oppressions of enormous public debt......If the game runs sometimes against us at home we must have patience till luck turns, and then we shall have an opportunity of winning back the principles we have lost, for this is a game where principles are at stake."

http://barbrastreisand.com/statements.html...usthavepatience

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"A little patience, and we shall see the reign of witches pass over, their spells dissolve, and the people, recovering their true sight, restore their government to its true principles. It is true that in the meantime we are suffering deeply in spirit, and incurring the horrors of a war and long oppressions of enormous public debt......If the game runs sometimes against us at home we must have patience till luck turns, and then we shall have an opportunity of winning back the principles we have lost, for this is a game where principles are at stake."

109921[/snapback]

Well done Babs... I always liked her mouth....if you know what i mean (DSL)

109921[/snapback]

Babs may have said it, but she'd be quoting a letter written by Thomas Jefferson after the Sedition Act was passed into law in 1798.

Why don't some of you crack a book every now and then? For chrissakes people...

That's nice. A change of pace from her usual standing on the porch of one of her many 5+ million dollar mansions railing at the government and the taxpayers for not doing enough to help the poor. :(

"People...People who can extract money from others under pain of imprisionment and ruin to support my goals while I get a five-hundred buck haircut...are the most Wonderful People in the World..." :lol:

That's nice. A change of pace from her usual standing on the porch of one of her many 5+ million dollar mansions railing at the government and the taxpayers for not doing enough to help the poor. :lol:

"People...People who can extract money from others under pain of imprisionment and ruin to support my goals while I get a five-hundred buck haircut...are the most Wonderful People in the World..." :(

109954[/snapback]

:lol:

Babs- "Republicans are all about greed and money. Oh by the way, don't miss my next concert. Ticket prices start at $1,000."

Babs is just an older Britney. Immensely popular, yet no one understands why.

Once again people making idiotic comments without reading all the information.  You know what ..if Babs has five or six mansions...good for her....

109971[/snapback]

I guess the new breed of conservative doesn't like to see people succeed, much less see the trappings of success.

Once again people making idiotic comments without reading all the information.  You know what ..if Babs has five or six mansions...good for her....

109971[/snapback]

Exactly!

I just don't get it. Why does helping others mean you have to give up helping yourself? And this from the same people who whine about class warfare.

So where does it say, as a liberal, I have to give a vow to be a pauper?

It is just something easy they (opponents to "compassionate giving") like to fire back with... Two words again... IT'S EASY! (or is that three... :lol::( ?)