Barbra Streisand Speaks

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual missing the larger point. When Jefferson spoke them, there were credibility in the words. Streisand could give the Gettysburgh address and she'd still be a big-nosed lunatic idiot who's simply running off at the suck.

Hence the reason Ronald Reagan is the "Great Communicator" and John Kerry is the junior Senator from Massachussetts.

Don't let any of this keep you from trying...

Its a high fly ball, deep to right field and it is GOOOONNNNEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good work, Darin.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Oh great, another resident idiot chimes in...  :rolleyes:

110944[/snapback]

Yes, but an 'idiot' who recognizes when he is wrong, and has apologized when it has been the case.

You got caught; admit it like a man, or are you incapable of fault and mistakes?

Now the hot pocket test TRULY is at hand.

Yes, but an 'idiot' who recognizes when he is wrong, and has apologized when it has been the case.

You got caught; admit it like a man, or are you incapable of fault and mistakes?

Now the hot pocket test TRULY is at hand.

110974[/snapback]

Explain again why he should apologize?

110978[/snapback]

Dude, don't encourage him. This is the type of guy who thinks asphalt is something you need to go see a proctologist for (and maybe he could get help removing his head from up there too). I mean look at his signatures for crissakes. It's obvious he's mesmerized by bright shiny things. I was just going to go with the 'ignore them, and Darwin's Law will take care of them eventually' rule.

110978[/snapback]

You and I both know it's no coincidence that the quote refers to witches and Gavin made the false assumption that those words were Babs, hence the "she's been reading too many Potter books" reference.

Regardless of personal opinions of Babs, Jefferson maintained that the Sedition Act enfringed upon the Constitutional rights of US citizens, and there are many that hold that the PATRIOT Act does the same. For those who hold that belief, Jefferson's words have the same relevance today as they did in the late 18th century, regardless of who regurgitates them..

You and I both know it's no coincidence that the quote refers to witches and Gavin made the false assumption that those words were Babs, hence the "she's been reading too many Potter books" reference.

Regardless of personal opinions of Babs,  Jefferson maintained that the Sedition Act enfringed upon the Constitutional rights of US citizens, and there are many that hold that the PATRIOT Act does the same.  For those who hold that belief, Jefferson's words have the same relevance today as they did in the late 18th century, regardless of who regurgitates them..

111007[/snapback]

Ahhh...Campy has just mentioned the Sedition Act, the day can now officially get started. Was worried there for a second but knew Campy would find a way to work it in as he has a hundred times in the last couple of weeks...

:rolleyes:

News Flash: I made a wisecrack about what Babs was quoting. I could give a crap who said the words originally but rather was dealing with how Babs used them in her context. But I guess the "Thomas Jefferson' pokemon card is the ultimate one that trumps everything else, so I will 'apologize' for offending the esteemed statesman who shagged his slave and didn't have the balls to admit it or care for the kids she conceived with him.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Ahhh...Campy has just mentioned the Sedition Act, the day can now officially get started. Was worried there for a second but knew Campy would find a way to work it in as he has a hundred times in the last couple of weeks...

:rolleyes:

News Flash: I made a wisecrack about what Babs was quoting. I could give a crap who said the words originally but rather was dealing with how Babs used them in her context. But I guess the "Thomas Jefferson' pokemon card is the ultimate one that trumps everything else, so I will 'apologize' for offending the esteemed statesman who shagged his slave and didn't have the balls to admit it or care for the kids she conceived with him.

111017[/snapback]

AHH, so now the proof is in the pudding. A snide remark mixed into an insincere admission... Thank you for proving once again that despite WHAT kind of good, sound wisdom is presented, it always matters WHO it is percieved to have come from that makes all the difference. I don't need to comment any further; case closed!

Considering the quote was in reference to the Sedition Act, forgive me for mentioning it. :rolleyes:

And because you don't seem to mind the errosion Constitutional rights, forgive me for ever bringing it up in the past. What is that they say? "Those who don't know history..." :doh:

But you don't owe Jefferson an apology - I doubt he cares too much that you attributed his words to a different person. :)

AHH, so now the proof is in the pudding. A snide remark mixed into an insincere admission... Thank you for proving once again that despite WHAT kind of good, sound wisdom is presented, it always matters WHO it is percieved to have come from that makes all the difference. I don't need to comment any further; case closed!

111045[/snapback]

Didn't you get the PPP Debate Manual? :rolleyes:

Didn't you get the PPP Debate Manual?  :rolleyes:

111053[/snapback]

I thought that this was the manual:

Post #1: X Party did this.

Post #2: Yeah, well your party did this.

Post #3: You're an idiot.

Posts #4 through #14,589: No, you're an idiot.

I thought that this was the manual:

Post #1: X Party did this.

Post #2: Yeah, well your party did this.

Post #3: You're an idiot.

Posts #4 through #14,589: No, you're an idiot.

111069[/snapback]

Sad, but true - And we're all guilty of it from time to time! :rolleyes:

So let me get this straight: we just had a full six-page thread complaining about what Barbra Streisand says (like anyone on either side really cares) because one of you loons actually went, unprovoked, to HER OWN website to excerpt a quote from Thomas Jefferson?

Gee, I'm sorry I didn't jump into the fray earlier. :rolleyes: