Barbra Streisand Speaks

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I am under that impression.

110100[/snapback]

Nope. I'm a registered independent, I tend to lean more to the left than most here seem to, but as Darin has observed, I'm more of a "pissed-off centrist."

Truth be told, I can punch holes all day long in either party, and occasionally, I'll take my shots at Dems.

On PPP though, there seem to be many who believe that everything GOP is somehow divinely inspired, I do take more shots at them, and as I diplomatically respond to those who ask, "I'm not a real big fan of the current administration."

But I certainly have no major grudge with the GOP, in fact, you'll probably see me take many more shots at the more vociferous uber-conservatives on this board than the party as an entity.

FWIW, here's a few beliefs/opinions:

I believe people should be provided opportunities to help them succeed and/or get on their feet, but I also believe their success is ultimately their responsibility, I've never asked for, and don't care for, handouts.

I don't like abortion as birth control, so I wouldn't condone it, but it's not my place to interfere in the rights of others (it is legal-for now- afterall).

It's not my place to tell terminally ill patients they can't end their suffering, I haven't the right, so I believe in assisted suicide for them if they so choose.

I dislike guns and flag burning, but I'll ALWAYS support the rights provided to either one by the Constitution, although I don't dislike gun owners, I do dislike flag burners.

I think two people of the same sex who fall in love and make a commitment to each other should have the same legal rights and protections afforded to heterosexual married couples. It's none of my damn business.

I think the PATRIOT Act needs to be modified to ensure that rights provided to us by the Constitution are not enfringed upon.

I think it's silly for Christians to get their panties in a wad over "under God" in the pledge. If they're relying on that to introduce the love of God into their children's lives, they really have bigger issues to worry about.

I don't think all Muslims want to blow me up.

If the above makes me a lefty, so be it. B)

That is just plain ugly Darin.  Why do you think that?  Has she ever done anything to you?

Plan on takin' it out on the wife tonight?

110222[/snapback]

Why do I think that? Gee, I don't know.

How about this little story:

About 10 years ago she came into an outlet store that was managed by the wife of a friend of mine. She asked that they close the entire store so her and her son could shop and not be bothered by those she cares so very much about.

She tried on outfit after outfit and just threw them on the floor when she was done, expecting others to pick them up. After two or so hours decided she couldn't find anything she thought was of decent enough quality for her and her son. Didn't spend a dime, yet closed down an entire store for 2 hours.

My buddy's wife went home in tears because of that snooty charlie uniform november tango.

There are a variety of other instances involving her hypocrisy. This one just hits closest to home.

"A little patience, and we shall see the reign of witches pass over, their spells dissolve, and the people, recovering their true sight, restore their government to its true principles. It is true that in the meantime we are suffering deeply in spirit, and incurring the horrors of a war and long oppressions of enormous public debt......If the game runs sometimes against us at home we must have patience till luck turns, and then we shall have an opportunity of winning back the principles we have lost, for this is a game where principles are at stake."

http://barbrastreisand.com/statements.html...usthavepatience

109921[/snapback]

Last year she was selling a christmas CD she made call "Christmas Memories".

Hasn't she always been Jewish?

Where did the Christmas memories come from? :D

Last year she was selling a christmas CD she made call "Christmas Memories".

Hasn't she always been Jewish?

Where did the Christmas memories come from? :D

110303[/snapback]

Babs and Madonna traded material for a little while.

Babs is just an older Britney. Immensely popular, yet no one understands why.

109960[/snapback]

i understand the popularity of britney, just look at her :D, and contrary to popular belief the girl can sing. she just sings crappy songs

babs on the other hand, is a nasty old skank who sings crappy music

Barbara Streisand = bs

bs = rj

if a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around to hear, does it make a sound?

if barbara streisand has something to say, does anyone really care?

Nope. I'm a registered independent, I tend to lean more to the left than most here seem to, but as Darin has observed, I'm more of a "pissed-off centrist."

Truth be told, I can punch holes all day long in either party, and occasionally, I'll take my shots at Dems. 

On PPP though, there seem to be many who believe that everything GOP is somehow divinely inspired, I do take more shots at them, and as I diplomatically respond to those who ask, "I'm not a real big fan of the current administration."

But I certainly have no major grudge with the GOP, in fact, you'll probably see me take many more shots at the more vociferous uber-conservatives on this board than the party as an entity.

FWIW, here's a few beliefs/opinions:

I believe people should be provided opportunities to help them succeed and/or get on their feet, but I also believe their success is ultimately their responsibility, I've never asked for, and don't care for, handouts. 

I don't like abortion as birth control, so I wouldn't condone it, but it's not my place to interfere in the rights of others (it is legal-for now- afterall). 

It's not my place to tell terminally ill patients they can't end their suffering, I haven't the right, so I believe in assisted suicide for them if they so choose. 

I dislike guns and flag burning, but I'll ALWAYS support the rights provided to either one by the Constitution, although I don't dislike gun owners, I do dislike flag burners.

I think two people of the same sex who fall in love and make a commitment to each other should have the same legal rights and protections afforded to heterosexual married couples.  It's none of my damn business.

I think the PATRIOT Act needs to be modified to ensure that rights provided to us by the Constitution are not enfringed upon.

I think it's silly for Christians to get their panties in a wad over "under God" in the pledge.  If they're relying on that to introduce the love of God into their children's lives, they really have bigger issues to worry about.

I don't think all Muslims want to blow me up.

If the above makes me a lefty, so be it. B)

110209[/snapback]

It seems we have several points of concordance. I apologize for my past stereotyping.

Why do I think that?  Gee, I don't know.

How about this little story:

About 10 years ago she came into an outlet store that was managed by the wife of a friend of mine.  She asked that they close the entire store so her and her son could shop and not be bothered by those she cares so very much about.

She tried on outfit after outfit and just threw them on the floor when she was done, expecting others to pick them up.  After two or so hours decided she couldn't find anything she thought was of decent enough quality for her and her son.  Didn't spend a dime, yet closed down an entire store for 2 hours.

My buddy's wife went home in tears because of that snooty charlie uniform november tango.

There are a variety of other instances involving her hypocrisy.  This one just hits closest to home.

110265[/snapback]

:D:lol::lol::o;)

"My mommy always said there were no monsters, no real ones, but there are." - Newt, Aliens

(Pretty sure Cartman said that during the Streisand South Park episode.)