Kawika Mitchell comments on...

Fresh from the much-maligned PFT, Bills' linebacker Kawika Mitchell comments on the $2500 fine that Chargers' star cornerback Antonio Cromartie received for criticizing the food at training camp.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...cromartie-fine/

And for those with ADD and/or extreme laziness and/or the inability to decipher stories, this is what Kawika tweeted:

"Players play this game. They're tryin to get us to play for free. If we want to complain about some sh-- then let us b. We're just like any other person workin. If u don't like somethin I'm sure you'll complain. Our voice is our rite.

"It's bullsh!t that the league is scared of twitter. We have opinions. We sit back and listen to all the bullsh!t media, coaches and fans have to say, so if the chargers food sucks. It sucks. Please! B mad at real sh--."

I have to say I agree with Kawika. If a player tweets about football related stuff, or on the team's time, then he should be fined. But to criticize sh*tty food? Looks like the belief that A.J. Smith is a complete control freak are pretty accurate.

Fresh from the much-maligned PFT, Bills' linebacker Kawika Mitchell comments on the $2500 fine that Chargers' star cornerback Antonio Cromartie received for criticizing the food at training camp.

And for those with ADD and/or extreme laziness and/or the inability to decipher stories, this is what Kawika tweeted:

"Players play this game. They're tryin to get us to play for free. If we want to complain about some sh-- then let us b. We're just like any other person workin. If u don't like somethin I'm sure you'll complain. Our voice is our rite.

"It's bullsh!t that the league is scared of twitter. We have opinions. We sit back and listen to all the bullsh!t media, coaches and fans have to say, so if the chargers food sucks. It sucks. Please! B mad at real sh--."

I have to say I agree with Kawika. If a player tweets about football related stuff, or on the team's time, then he should be fined. But to criticize sh*tty food? Looks like the belief that A.J. Smith is a complete control freak are pretty accurate.

Linky

The $2,500 tweet in question, according to NBC Sports, originated on July 31, and states: “Man we have 2 have the most nasty food of any team. Damn can we upgrade 4 str8 years the same ish maybe that’s y we can’t we the SB we need.”

$2,500 for that!!?? You-have-got-to-be-effing-kidding-me!! That shouldn't have been a fine at all IMO. :lol:

Linky

The $2,500 tweet in question, according to NBC Sports, originated on July 31, and states: “Man we have 2 have the most nasty food of any team. Damn can we upgrade 4 str8 years the same ish maybe that’s y we can’t we the SB we need.”

$2,500 for that!!?? You-have-got-to-be-effing-kidding-me!! That shouldn't have been a fine at all IMO. :lol:

I can make out the first sentence, any hints on the second?

For as good of a GM as Smith is, he seems like a total douche.

I think Twitter is silly. Who cares what these guys think about the food. I don't feel sorry for them, so just shut up and do what you're paid to do. Play football.

I see no way of stopping this locomotive though. Goodell would be wise to just get the F out of the way or he'll come out looking like a fool.

It's hilarious that a player would suggest that untasty training camp food has kept his team from winning a SB.

How will these guys function in society when they are released from the NFL?

I dont think he really believes that is why they dont win the SB...he was using dramatics to make a point. If you worked somewhere where the cafeteria food sucked, you would say something too. And I bet everyone would say something stupid along the lines of, "I bet my work production would go up, or I would stop showing up late if the food were better". None of which is true, but we use dramatics none the less.

dont mean to jump all over you...just sayin dont take all quotes to the bank as literal

I dont think he really believes that is why they dont win the SB...he was using dramatics to make a point. If you worked somewhere where the cafeteria food sucked, you would say something too. And I bet everyone would say something stupid along the lines of, "I bet my work production would go up, or I would stop showing up late if the food were better". None of which is true, but we use dramatics none the less.

dont mean to jump all over you...just sayin dont take all quotes to the bank as literal

I think it was an obvious sarcastic joke. For some reason the big boys in the Chargers front office are a little testy. I would have laughed and let it go. I might even look into improving the food.

It's hilarious that a player would suggest that untasty training camp food has kept his team from winning a SB.

How will these guys function in society when they are released from the NFL?

:wallbash:

That should be a reality show: Out of work ex-football players who squandered their money trying to assimilate back into real life.

Linky

$2,500 for that!!?? You-have-got-to-be-effing-kidding-me!! That shouldn't have been a fine at all IMO. :wallbash:

That's $500 per missing comma, preposition, and .....that last part's gotta be worth $1500 alone.

Maybe. He didn't seem to be joking.

But anyway, if your goal is to be taken seriously, you don't make statements that invite laughter.

The fine is ridiculous though.

Seems pretty obvious to me that it was a joke. Might want to get those humor sensors calibrated.

That's $500 per missing comma, preposition, and .....that last part's gotta be worth $1500 alone.

That's how people twitter. They are restricted to a certain amount of space.

Seems pretty obvious to me that it was a joke. Might want to get those humor sensors calibrated.

:wallbash:

The Chargers front office just drew a lot of attention to something that's inconsequential to the team. Good PR guys! :lol:

I think Twitter is silly. Who cares what these guys think about the food. I don't feel sorry for them, so just shut up and do what you're paid to do. Play football.

I see no way of stopping this locomotive though. Goodell would be wise to just get the F out of the way or he'll come out looking like a fool.

These spoiled millionaires probably only think that training camp food sucks because once the season starts they get fed like kings, food that most of us could imagine eating everyday. Feed me steak everyday for 6 months than start feeding me slop and I might tweet about it too. I wonder if the cooks get the $2500 dollars that he was fined? I guess it must have hurt their feelings.

http://mashable.com/2009/08/04/espn-twitter/

http://mashable.com/2009/08/04/espn-social-media/

Just curious if anyone took a look at those links in the article about ESPN and social media. Hopefully this won't mean less interaction with Tim Graham, et al. In my opinion, sites like Twitter are so great because it allows for us shmoes to directly interact with people we wouldn't normally be able to, and I would hate to see that lessened.