Calling Al DiMeola

Chef Jim

Just got an email that Chick Corea, Stanley Clarke and Lenny White are scheduled to play at Yoshi's (a jass club in Oakland) next month. Now if they could only get Al to join I'd be in heaven. Oh well.

Still ... would be an awesome show. I've DiMeola and Clarke, but never together.

not familiar with Lenny White, the others heck yeah...need to give them a listen to see what the scoop is on this mr. white

Just got an email that Chick Corea, Stanley Clarke and Lenny White are scheduled to play at Yoshi's (a jass club in Oakland) next month. Now if they could only get Al to join I'd be in heaven. Oh well.

Still ... would be an awesome show. I've DiMeola and Clarke, but never together.

I saw DiMeola at Yoshi's in SF and Clarke at Yoshi's in Oakland this year. Clarke's show was a Sunday matinee and was pretty short but was good. DiMeola...fugger kicks my ass every time I see him. The only thing I need to figure out is which show to see. They're playing two shows a night (8 &10) Tuesday through Friday. I'm thinking the final one. Any suggestions?

not familiar with Lenny White, the others heck yeah...need to give them a listen to see what the scoop is on this mr. white

I don't know if you saw my link but Lenny was the drummer with them in Return to Forever. I've seen Billy Cobham with Clarke but never Lenny.

yeah i did see the link...never heard his name before...gotta give him a listen

Try this.

Funny story. We were waiting outside a small club in Orange County to get in to see DiMeola. And out from one of the doors comes Al. Now my wife was not familiar with him and he walked right in front of us and asked "what's up, who's playing tonight?" I laughed but I could tell my wife was smitten (he's aged very well) . She asked who was that? We had seats right up front and the wife was hooked, and not on the music. Shiit I was waiting for her to throw her panties on stage. If she would ever leave me it would be for him, and I'd be ok with it. So that's great because I know every time he's in town I can spend top dollar to get front row seats and she won't B word at all about the cost. :lol:

I saw DiMeola at Yoshi's in SF and Clarke at Yoshi's in Oakland this year. Clarke's show was a Sunday matinee and was pretty short but was good. DiMeola...fugger kicks my ass every time I see him. The only thing I need to figure out is which show to see. They're playing two shows a night (8 &10) Tuesday through Friday. I'm thinking the final one. Any suggestions?

One would think the final..but who who knows.

I saw Di Meola once, with Paco and John McGlaughin(sp) at Stage One. Awesome show back in the day..thinking maybe 82 or so? They made this album from that tour, kinda funny considering where you are Chef

http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/...n+Francisco.htm

Still have the "digitally mastered" vinyl., man that was a big deal back then..wish I had a way to play it LOL. BTW, I remember that night so well as the rush to get in the room was such I could actually lift my feet off the floor and still be moving forward.

Anybody else remeber that place,,Stage One that is. I remember seeing the Police there, as well as Dr J and the Interns(Arrowsmith) and whole bunch of others there.

I saw Di Meola once, with Paco and John McGlaughin(sp) at Stage One. Awesome show back in the day..thinking maybe 82 or so? They made this album from that tour, kinda funny considering where you are Chef

Still have the "digitally mastered" vinyl., man that was a big deal back then..wish I had a way to play it LOL. BTW, I remember that night so well as the rush to get in the room was such I could actually lift my feet off the floor and still be moving forward.

Anybody else remeber that place,,Stage One that is. I remember seeing the Police there, as well as Dr J and the Interns(Arrowsmith) and whole bunch of others there.

Hey, I've got that album.

Stage One was great. For whatever reason, I recently remembered the stealth Aerosmith show there a night before they were to play in Toronto. I think that was the first time that TO got the bigger show over Buffalo - Ted Nugent/Aerosmith doubleheader at the EX.

Sweet....when I saw Al it was a Friday night in SF and he said "what night is it, and where are we?" There where only a few of us in the crowd who got it. And of course this is the song he played. To bad Paco was not there.

Hey, I've got that album.

Stage One was great. For whatever reason, I recently remembered the stealth Aerosmith show there a night before they were to play in Toronto. I think that was the first time that TO got the bigger show over Buffalo - Ted Nugent/Aerosmith doubleheader at the EX.

THats to funny, someone else remembering that show. As you can tell by my spelling, I was never an "Arrowsmith" fan. Friend was a bouncer there, made me go to the show LOL. Know it sounds lame, but great thing about growing up in late 70's early 80's was seeing some great bands in unbelievable places. Seeing the Police at Stage One, seeing U2 at Sheas...seeing Gabriel, Gentle Giant etc at Kleinhans(sp) just6 great stuff that I will always remember.

When the Police played there, they were schlepping their own stuff around in a van. About 6-8 months before Roxanne hit.

A friend asked if we wanted to see a new woman singer. Heard she was a punker- no thanks. Name-Pat Benetar. :worthy: