Okay, It's time to...

<Hold up a Crucifix>

Back to the Dark Side with you!

Back, Back, I Say!

Foul PPP Dweller!

Begone!

Yeah yeah yeah, !@#$ you you !@#$in' !@#$ball. Think I didn't know who you were thinking of when you wrote "here they're allowed to hang around and be a$$holes seemingly forever"?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah yeah yeah, !@#$ you you !@#$in' !@#$ball. Think I didn't know who you were thinking of when you wrote "here they're allowed to hang around and be a$$holes seemingly forever"?

Stay Back You Fiend!

I've got Semi-Holy Water!

And a sharp Stick!

And I'll use 'em!

I Will!

Apparently in your mind logic is defined by the formula "Pats=Good/Bills=Bad" Repeat ad infinatum...

If you are seeking a group of posters who will agree with your point of view and praise you for your wisdom, try Patsfan.com.

Buh-Bye, See Ya...

A better example of this type of thinking, I couldn't have dreamed up. So succint. So diagnostic.

Look, I have never have said the pats are "great" and the Bills are "bad".

I am a vocal supporter of Edwards.

I think McGee is the best DB on the team.

I have been a JP detractor since he was drafted (vindicated).

I think DJ should have been fired after this past season (better coaches were let go).

I think Wood was a solid draft.

I think Peters was not worth the trouble and that the FO made the right choice (and I have said so).

I think the signing of TO was a desperate move, but I hope he actually does deliver on the hype (and have said so).

I have reiterated the factual history of TO's career and feel that he has earned a reputation as a pariah. I cannot pretend he is a great "leader" when my interpretation of all evidence tells me he is not a great TEAM player.

I think Schonert and Perry are holding us back.

I think ML is a solid RB but a moron who has hurt his team with his behavior.

I don't blame the Commish for the predicament that ML has left us in.

I like the unis of the 90's.

Lee Evans is a class act.

I could go on...

I appreciate the comments of Edward's Arm and others. But I think this cause is hopeless. Several of these respondents would happily believe in all kinds of conspiracies and evil forces in the league. How foes this make the Bills better?

The pats cheated. They got caught. They were punished. I've said this before.

I just take pleasure in pointing out the lunacy of some the posters here--because it's fun and, although in some cases---like shooting fish in a barrel.

So, if in order for your world to make sense, you must continue to say I am a "pats fan"---well then, it would be cruel for me to take that away from you fellas.

Carry on.

My first thought is why do fans of other teams really care? Don't they have enough to read and discuss about with their own organization? And who has enough time in their day to not only follow their own team, but join other teams sites, read their articles and posts, and then spend time writing about how much you think they suck? I guess I can understand reading posts to get a read on what Bills fan think of their own team but to go as far as to log-in and post that they are all misguided idiots is a little much.

Secondly, freedom of speech is no where near the point. It isn't the appropriate argument. The question is not whether anyone has the right or not to post but rather why they would? Sure any fan of another team has the right to post where they choose but they also have the right to stand on the corner during a Martin Luther King Jr. parade and scream "White Power". Both seem silly.

I think those people that take the time to bash other fans on their sites really need to ask themselves this final question..."Why do I care what Bills fans think of the Bills?" We all know at the end of the day that the game is the only thing that matters. Admittedly us Bills fans haven't had a great run over the last ten years and we enjoy the beginning of the season when we can be optomistic about our chances. Shouldn't we have the right to do that in peace?

I guess if Pats fans really need to come on here, tell us they have the right to post anywhere, then use that right to bash other teams to make themselves feel better........

I guess they have that right.

Sorry, haven't read the whole thread, but some of the "trolls" here, happen to be some of the better posters...Hollywood Donohue was a great contributer to the board...not sure if he is still out there, under a different name now (the more time passes the less relevant that moniker becomes), but although a Pats fan, he had intelligent things to say, and was always respectful. Personally, having "others among us" is a good thing....

Sorry, haven't read the whole thread, but some of the "trolls" here, happen to be some of the better posters...Hollywood Donohue was a great contributer to the board...not sure if he is still out there, under a different name now (the more time passes the less relevant that moniker becomes), but although a Pats fan, he had intelligent things to say, and was always respectful. Personally, having "others among us" is a good thing....

Guys like Hollywood aren't the kind RI is referring to, I am fairly certain. He wasn't a troll, he was a an actual contributor who rooted for another team. He and some fans of other teams, come here because (according to what they have said) they found this board to be a better place to discuss football. They liked the community and the lively discussion. That isn't a troll. From what I can remember, he didn't start thread-after-thread bashing the Bills, their fans, their stadium, Buffalo, etc. (Jax seemed upset he didn't get a mention, so there ya go.)

I find it hard enough to understand why Hollywood would want to hang out here (I think he is a friend of a regular Bills fan poster), but I really can't see what the trolls and Bills-hating attack posters get out of coming here. I could posit various psychological explanations, but that would involve too many assumptions.

EDIT: I have, for the most part, not attempted to name the major offenders. RI did a good job of identifying some. But, at least IMO. Zazie doesn't belong in this group.

I certainly deny your fatuous claim.

I will argue the football merits of my posts any time.

Many of "you guys", immediately stoop to name calling, in lieu of logic.

If that I'm not a "please" and "thank you" kind of poster irritates you, your problem.

I actually don't mind your opinions on the Bills. I think you have to have the varying opinions to keep everyone honest. Sometimes you do go a little overboard with the post topics.

What really bugs the hell out of me is when you post something absurd and ridiculous and then quote yourself and answer, usually before anyone else posts on it. Also, you have a way of taking over the thread once you start posting in it. If you really want to respond to all those people, you could keep it to one post.

Aside from that, I'm fine with whatever you post about the Bills. It's completely understandable that fans show their support for the Bills in varying ways. Some people want to see the positive behind the team, others look at the negative. Some people are jaded by all the years of losing while some feel like they should be hopeful (positive energy). The thing is that rarely is anyone right. You can back up all of your assertions with whatever statistics you can find, but one thing that seems obvious is that no one gets it right. For this reason some people just shut the hell up, hope for the best, and try not to stick their foot in their mouth before the season even starts.

Judging from the number of respected posters who have come to the defense of some of the people who I called out as Trolls, it appears that it was almost certainly wrong for me to throw out names of posters who appear (to me at least) to be trolls or who seem (again to me at least) to engage in posting patterns/habits that exibit the classic mannerisms of Trolls.

For that I apologize.

However, my intention was to initiate a discussion on Trolls and Trollish Behaviours. Which I believe has been beneficial.

At least honest trolls admit not being Bills fans; many of Nancy Reagan's tea party admit to not even watching Bills anymore and just using stats from websites.

I prefer orcs and hobgoblins to trolls :blink:

I actually don't mind your opinions on the Bills. I think you have to have the varying opinions to keep everyone honest. Sometimes you do go a little overboard with the post topics.

What really bugs the hell out of me is when you post something absurd and ridiculous and then quote yourself and answer, usually before anyone else posts on it. Also, you have a way of taking over the thread once you start posting in it. If you really want to respond to all those people, you could keep it to one post.

Aside from that, I'm fine with whatever you post about the Bills. It's completely understandable that fans show their support for the Bills in varying ways. Some people want to see the positive behind the team, others look at the negative. Some people are jaded by all the years of losing while some feel like they should be hopeful (positive energy). The thing is that rarely is anyone right. You can back up all of your assertions with whatever statistics you can find, but one thing that seems obvious is that no one gets it right. For this reason some people just shut the hell up, hope for the best, and try not to stick their foot in their mouth before the season even starts.

Marv Levy once said that there was a percentage of people from any particular football city that rooted against the team in the area in which they resided. I believe this to be true. There will always be people who live in western new york who will be critical of the Bills no matter what. Some people who live here just don't want the "home" team to do well. They want things to go badly for the Bills. I am not saying that we cannot be critical of the Bills. THey certainly have deserved some criticism. But there will always be those who just don't want the Bills to succeed.

Marv Levy once said that there was a percentage of people from any particular football city that rooted against the team in the area in which they resided. I believe this to be true. There will always be people who live in western new york who will be critical of the Bills no matter what. Some people who live here just don't want the "home" team to do well. They want things to go badly for the Bills. I am not saying that we cannot be critical of the Bills. THey certainly have deserved some criticism. But there will always be those who just don't want the Bills to succeed.

it is no different than some folks like one politician and not another. Everyone sees things from their point of view. Some people are die-hard fans and some are not...I say Bills-nation is big enough for everyone...if you like a post, read it and maybe follow-up with a comment of your own. If you don't like a post, stop reading it, change the channel and maybe read someone else's take...