I'd be thrilled if the Bills made their 2 throwback unis

nodnarb

I like that old school helment as well but to me what makes me feel special inside when watching games is seeing the classic 90's era Bills helmet that we wear now. Its the glory days and I dunno those days were special and those uni's were speacial.

The 60's era throwbacks are cool for a alternate but not main uni. IMO we should go back to the 90's superbowl era royal blue... Those were the best ever!

The throwbacks are great but I like the late 80's/90's uniform the best, and we had some great teams then also. From the marketing point of view, it is best to have 2 sets of uniforms like we have now because they have four jerseys instead of two to sell. And fans who have an ax to grind about the current uniforms are even more likely to buy a throwback jersey just to make a statement. So Brandon is no fool to keep the current situation going for at least a while longer.

Personally, I think the current uniforms are fine also even though I like royal blue better.

FUGGIN' A

The Jim Kelley/Doug /Flutie era suits were the best. Not really sure why they changed away from that.

That said, the current blue and now white throwbacks are better than the new suits ushered in with Blue Dreadslow.

I agree, the best thing the Bills could do is go to the 90's era Uni's as the regular uniform again but it probably won't happen. Regardless, I ordered my Poz white throwback this morning. I think I'm going to sleep in it when it arrives at my door. I'm pumped for the opener, just a mere 51 days away. I'll be in section 337, row unknown at the moment but it doesn't really matter. It's a new year, new uni's and new hope.

Because the Donahoe era jerseys are still some of the ugliest duds I've ever seen.

And these throwbacks are so classic, so football, so sharp.

How can they go back to those Alouette-like jerseys after coming out in these great new throwbacks in week 1?

I'm not a jersey wearing kinda guy, but I'd show my support by buying three if it meant the Bills made these official and permanent.

Who's with me? Can I get a fuggin A?

Fuggin A! Nodbarb, I'm with you.

A Fuggin!

Because the Donahoe era jerseys are still some of the ugliest duds I've ever seen.

And these throwbacks are so classic, so football, so sharp.

How can they go back to those Alouette-like jerseys after coming out in these great new throwbacks in week 1?

I'm not a jersey wearing kinda guy, but I'd show my support by buying three if it meant the Bills made these official and permanent.

Who's with me? Can I get a fuggin A?

My first post on the site but this subject I wanted to chime in on.The current uniforms ought to be ditched, they need to find a way to wear those throwbacks,or as I like to call them the "classic's" as often as possible.

My first post on the site but this subject I wanted to chime in on.The current uniforms ought to be ditched, they need to find a way to wear those throwbacks,or as I like to call them the "classic's" as often as possible.

Welcome aboard, rico!

Classic throwbacks, Fuggin' A!

I was at the Bills Store @ Eastview Mall tonight picking up night practice tickets...and I mentioned this thought/idea to the 2 employees working.

Me: "I wish they would make the old school jerseys their regular jerseys, I think the new ones are hideous."

Employee: "They are talking about starting to wear them full-time in 2011-'12."

I don't have a link or anything, but I promise...they both said it was in the organization's plans. :devil:

I don't know anyone who disagrees with nodnarb's sentiment (the new uniforms are indeed a blight), but what's useful to remember is that Brandon was in charge of marketing when those hideous duds were first unleashed on an unsuspecting public. I wouldn't be surprised if he's emotionally invested in them at some level.

I too love the throwbacks, but don't understand why they didn't get the stripping right on the whites. They have it perfect on the blues, how do you not look at the home jersey and say, just reverse it. How hard could that have been? It reminds me of 1994 when throwbacks first made their way into the NFL. The Bills put out a laughable effort, slapping a white Buffalo on their red helmet and a jersey that didn't look at all like the jersey from the 60s. While I like the away throwback's better then the clown outfits we wear now, if you're going to do a throwback, do it right! It seems with all the top marketing people that work for them they could have got an exact match, especially for organizations that have billions of dollars like the Bills and the NFL. Having grown up with the Bills of the 60s and 70s, I'm sure it bugs me more than people who didn't get to see those teams play.

I was at the Bills Store @ Eastview Mall tonight picking up night practice tickets...and I mentioned this thought/idea to the 2 employees working.

Me: "I wish they would make the old school jerseys their regular jerseys, I think the new ones are hideous."

Employee: "They are talking about starting to wear them full-time in 2011-'12."

I don't have a link or anything, but I promise...they both said it was in the organization's plans. :thumbdown:

Thank you, Thank You!!! :censored::w00t::lol: I had forgotten to get some. All they had was the 11th and 13th. :angry:

I probably wouldn't have even gotten them if you hadn't reminded me. :worthy: