I just thought I'd let everyone know what they don't

ans4e64

I've been to 3 practices now, and I thought I should point out what they don't tell you in the practice reports from Chris Brown. Anyone who doesn't attend, but reads up on what happens daily, see's continuous long touchdown passes to Owens, Evans, and a lot of other people. What they don't tell you is, that Edwards was already "sacked" on the play and it wouldn't have counted. Walker and Butler get beat almost every other play, at least one of them does, but they just continue on with it like it never happened, and after 6 seconds of looking around, Trent tosses one up and Owens catches it for a "touchdown." The crowd goes nuts.

This has happened in all 3 practices I've been to, and has me worried for the season to begin. I just don't know what the coaches are doing. Our tackles are clearly overmatched. Are they just thinking they will get better? I can't understand. Anyone that "goes toe to toe" with Chris Kelsay back and forth, like Chris Brown reported, is not adequate enough to be a solid starter at OT. Bell got beat like a drum yesterday, by guys I've never heard of before. I didn't get to see the guards much, I was usually distracted by the defensive end walking around our offensive tackles or pushing them into Trent's face.

Sorry to post something so negative, but it frustrates me that Chris Brown ignores this in his reporting, and I thought someone should tell you. It also frustrates me that when this goes on, and the fans all around cheer as if Edwards wasn't really sacked or something. I thought our offense was pitiful yesterday. The red zone work was embarrassing.

I hope that Walker and Butler can get better with more reps... or something, because they are the key to our entire offense being able to run correctly.

Don't apologize. This is what we need to hear. I never believed the "touchdown" calls by Brown. He uses that a lot for the D also. It scares that people think a no-huddle offense will help this line.

I've been to 3 practices now, and I thought I should point out what they don't tell you in the practice reports from Chris Brown. Anyone who doesn't attend, but reads up on what happens daily, see's continuous long touchdown passes to Owens, Evans, and a lot of other people. What they don't tell you is, that Edwards was already "sacked" on the play and it wouldn't have counted. Walker and Butler get beat almost every other play, at least one of them does, but they just continue on with it like it never happened, and after 6 seconds of looking around, Trent tosses one up and Owens catches it for a "touchdown." The crowd goes nuts.

This has happened in all 3 practices I've been to, and has me worried for the season to begin. I just don't know what the coaches are doing. Our tackles are clearly overmatched. Are they just thinking they will get better? I can't understand. Anyone that "goes toe to toe" with Chris Kelsay back and forth, like Chris Brown reported, is not adequate enough to be a solid starter at OT. Bell got beat like a drum yesterday, by guys I've never heard of before. I didn't get to see the guards much, I was usually distracted by the defensive end walking around our offensive tackles or pushing them into Trent's face.

Sorry to post something so negative, but it frustrates me that Chris Brown ignores this in his reporting, and I thought someone should tell you. It also frustrates me that when this goes on, and the fans all around cheer as if Edwards wasn't really sacked or something. I thought our offense was pitiful yesterday. The red zone work was embarrassing.

I hope that Walker and Butler can get better with more reps... or something, because they are the key to our entire offense being able to run correctly.

AFAIK, it's usual for the defense to beat the OL early on in camp. The OL being occupied with trying to tune up and work in concert - a D is much more a free-wheeling thing.

And the QB and receivers have their work in getting timing to jive. I don't know enough about TE to comment, but I will say that Carson Palmer is very much a "timing" QB. He often tosses it to a "spot", and if wrs aren't in camp to work with, his game falters. Ocho Dinko - in his 2008 edition of Chad-Snit - really threw the wrench at Palmer, what with his blowing of routes and short-arming.

I wouldn't read too much into what is happening - it's early days.

I have very low expectations for our Ts this season. I still dont agree with our strategy of drafting 2 guards and moving everyone else when we could have takend one tackle and one guard and left the other 2/5s of the line alone. Secondly, Chambers has gotten no reps at T that I have seen, he has been on the first unit LG. IMO he would be out starting LT if given the chance.

I've actually read reports from posters who have gone to camp stating that Edwards at times has made money throws, made great reads, and has had time to throw the ball. At other times, he has been 'sacked' or made poor throws. This is training camp people! The Defense ALWAYS shines early and makes the offense look bad and people start to panic. I don't care if you are talking about the Cardinals or the Giants. It's the same thing. The defense is flying around rushing the QB and reacting. The offense, especially the line, is more occupied with technique and other complications that cause the slow start......relax. if Trent is getting 'sacked' like crazy in the 3rd and 4th preseason games, then I'd start to worry....

Feel better now?

Why are people calling Chris Brown a "reporter"?

He's reporting information, is he not? I know media people are so damn technical about these stupid titles, but seriously, during training camp, he's reporting.

He's reporting information, is he not? I know media people are so damn technical about these stupid titles, but seriously, during training camp, he's reporting.

He's a company propagandist.

He is the "lead reporter" (actually, the only one) for the Bills official web site.

I've been there for 3 sessions and I consider 'beat almost every other play' a gross exaggeration.

AFAIK, it's usual for the defense to beat the OL early on in camp. The OL being occupied with trying to tune up and work in concert - a D is much more a free-wheeling thing.

And the QB and receivers have their work in getting timing to jive. I don't know enough about TE to comment, but I will say that Carson Palmer is very much a "timing" QB. He often tosses it to a "spot", and if wrs aren't in camp to work with, his game falters. Ocho Dinko - in his 2008 edition of Chad-Snit - really threw the wrench at Palmer, what with his blowing of routes and short-arming.

I wouldn't read too much into what is happening - it's early days.

Geat Post, I was going to post the same thing myself, you beat me to it. The fact that Trent & the receivers are getting their timing down is the important thing, it does not matter in practice if he would have been sacked.

Thank you for the insight.

The season will be made or broken by the effectivenes of the O-line. Time will tell how it goes.

Even though I find your avatar pretty juvenile and offensive, I have to say this was a high quality post. Will be interesting to see if this is a long term problem. If so, front office heads should roll.

Dude, who was our starting LT last year? How bad was he (Langston Walker)? The line will not be the greatest in the NFL, but it will be adequate by game day.

Mike

"Clearly an interesting day, practice-wise. I thought Trent looked good. The guys are really behind him. I mean the defense is really behind him. All over him, actually. But you can't prepare for that. We ignored them and the guys are really trying so I gave them a couple days off. They practice hard, they really do. So, we will try to be satisfactory for the Patriots and we'll go from there."

It sucks having to read a thread started by someone who obviously has NEVER played Football before.....

no kidding the Defense beat the O-Line, welcome to TRAINING CAMP!!!!!!!!!!!

All disgust aside, I'm sure Mr. Brown was reporting as if each touchdown was an ESPN top 10 highlight and that the receivers danced the night away in the end zone with each grab, but this is business as usual in camp. Defenses aren't typically working on as much as the Offense is, and especially in regards to the O-Line. Throw in the fact we're sporting 2 rookies and a LT that doesn't want to be there, and ya, our D guys had BETTER be getting to Edwards this early on in camp...