I got wood reading this

"I've always lived by the thinking there are two things you can control on the football field: attitude and effort," Wood said. "I'm always going to bring my effort, and I'm always going to bring a good attitude. ... Come New England Week One, I should be ready to go."

"Yeah, this kid has the right attitude. Hopefully he can make Wilfork his personal B word for years to come."

if some of this rubs off ont the rest of the line , it's gonna be awesome

I swore recently I wouldn't make any more Wood jokes, but are you really saying that you want Wood to "rub off" on the rest of the line?

:doh:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's practically a 21-game minimum for us [counting the preseason], and we plan on playing 25

Wow -- great quote from a rookie. I agree Sphere, this kid will be special.

25 games, huh? Damn rookie doesn't think we have a chance to win the division and get a bye? He's only slated us for a wildcard? Get rid of him. We don't need his locker room poisoning mentality.

Link

Every year there are a player or two that you really think have 'it'. I know, it's just an article, just a picture of a guy without pads, just words...but this is the guy.

:lol: If he backs up his talk on the field - LOOKOUT AFCE!!

Maybe I'm just tired and crabby, but how long until people realize "Wood" jokes have already run their course?

I agree. They've all been said before, over and over.

"I've always lived by the thinking there are two things you can control on the football field: attitude and effort," Wood said. "I'm always going to bring my effort, and I'm always going to bring a good attitude. ... Come New England Week One, I should be ready to go."

"Yeah, this kid has the right attitude. Hopefully he can make Wilfork his personal B word for years to come."

if some of this rubs off ont the rest of the line , it's gonna be awesome

That's my favorite quote too! :lol:

Never!

I laugh at them every time!

Kind of like farts. I still laugh at them!!

That's different. They always have been and always will be to real men.

Yeah, this kid has the right attitude. Hopefully he can make Wilfork his personal B word for years to come.

Hopefully he makes Wilfork his B word for just this season, then Wilfork leaves the dark side.

I have a feeling that Wood and Levitre is a huge shot in the arm of this OL. This is what we need. They sound like their both this nasty. I expect the OL to be just powerhousing through DL's and making holes the sized of houses for the running backs. Too bad ML will prolly just run into the back of them cause he cant see the open hole.

Think you confusing not having holes to find often with not being able to find them.

:lol: If he backs up his talk on the field - LOOKOUT AFCE!!

I agree. They've all been said before, over and over.

That's my favorite quote too! :lol:

Classic , plus the campfire scene from Blazing Saddles.

:doh: If he backs up his talk on the field - LOOKOUT AFCE!!

Damn dude, you have some serious ill humor likings.

Open your horizons.

You want to see some funny stuff, go check out the film Mon Oncle and/or Playtime, and watch a character called "Monsieur Hulot" That is one funny bastard, and he rarely speaks, if at all.

I guess that's why the guy has rushed for 2,150+ yds in 28 games, right? Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

But as to the OP, yes, Eric Wood is a MAN. Can't wait to see him in live action.

Bandit,

I agree with the majority of your posts with the exception of your JP love. But 76yrds a game isnt that great for a RB. 1kyrds/season is defenately an avg RB. Tied for 13th in 08.

I happen to like ML and think he plays really hard. I just think he needs to read holes better. Im just saying that I think he runs into the back of a pile far too much when there are clearly holes available. If you want to insert your "its the horrible lines fault" comment dont forget that Peters was part of that horrible line.

Have a great weekend. See you on Monday. :doh:

Bandit,

I agree with the majority of your posts with the exception of your JP love. But 76yrds a game isnt that great for a RB. 1kyrds/season is defenately an avg RB. Tied for 13th in 08.

I happen to like ML and think he plays really hard. I just think he needs to read holes better. Im just saying that I think he runs into the back of a pile far too much when there are clearly holes available. If you want to insert your "its the horrible lines fault" comment dont forget that Peters was part of that horrible line.

Have a great weekend. See you on Monday. :doh:

I appreciate the sentiments.

I assume you mean JP = Jason Peters, not JP Losman...fair enough. I have defended him b/c I believe he's a significantly better player than anyone currently on the roster at OL. He had a down year in 2008, which was due (mostly) to a lengthy holdout IMO. His fault, yes, but that doesn't mean he's not a great player (again, IMO).

I do agree that Lynch needs to improve in terms of getting through the hole quicker, but my point is that the majority of the time you see him hit the pile is when he's running inside. And I do think that a lot of that has/had to do with the sub-par play of guys like Dockery, Preston, and Fowler. Assuming the interior blocking improves this season, I think you'll see much better results from Lynch in the interior running game (chalk that up to "captain obvious statement of the day"). It'll be interesting to see if he still has the same issue.

It's supposed to be nice this weekend, enjoy the weather.

:lol:

Quote from the linked article:

Wood worked out with Packers guard and center Jason Spitz after spring practices ended.

Wood and Spitz. There's a joke there somewhere :devil:

WHAT's THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN OLYMPIC SWIMMING AND OLYMPIC DIVING?

MARK SPITZ AND GREG SWALLOWS.