Vic Carucci not a fan of Fitzpatrick either

Pitta

Really??

I'm not sure I'd go that far -- I don't remember anyone saying he was the next Jim Kelly, though it wouldn't surprise me at all. There was the usual cast of front office apologists that rushed the board praising the move as a brilliant master stroke and huge upgrade to the backup QB position with the standard tripe and non sequiturs such as, "They get paid to make these decisions so they know exactly what they are doing."

What performance was that? a 70 QB rating with 8 TDs in 12 starts?

Apparently. The Bengals passing game last year with Fitzpatpatsack under center was horrible. In fact, it made the Bills look good in comparison.

Yeah, I've been saying this for several months. Fitz / Hamdan are incapable of starting and lord help us if the season depends on their actions to win.

Why don't you start a new thread about it every day until the start of the season?

I'm not sure I'd go that far -- I don't remember anyone saying he was the next Jim Kelly, though it wouldn't surprise me at all. There was the usual cast of front office apologists that rushed the board praising the move as a brilliant master stroke and huge upgrade to the backup QB position with the standard tripe and non sequiturs such as, "They get paid to make these decisions so they know exactly what they are doing."

Apparently. The Bengals passing game last year with Fitzpatpatsack under center was horrible. In fact, it made the Bills look good in comparison.

The Bills got exactly what they wanted. Someone who doesn't have the talent or desire to start in the NFL. After all, we can't bruise trent's little ego with any type of challenge or competition. The Bills know Trent is likely to get hurt at some point this season, and they didnt want someone playing extremely well and causing another controversy.

The Bills got exactly what they wanted. Someone who doesn't have the talent or desire to start in the NFL. After all, we can't bruise trent's little ego with any type of challenge or competition. The Bills know Trent is likely to get hurt at some point this season, and they didnt want someone playing extremely well and causing another controversy.

yup, that's what the Bills were shooting for, a person who doesn't have any talent or desire to be a starter.

Good Job Russ Brandon, the secret is out, you are trying to get yourself fired.

:rolleyes:

What performance was that? a 70 QB rating with 8 TDs in 12 starts?

Which was better than Palmer's in 4 starts. i'm guess then that all the problems weren't on the QB but rather the line and the running game.

I'm going to wait for a few GAMES before running the guy out of town for a few bad training camp practices with a new team.

Which was better than Palmer's in 4 starts. i'm guess then that all the problems weren't on the QB but rather the line and the running game.

I'm going to wait for a few GAMES before running the guy out of town for a few bad training camp practices with a new team.

I dont care who it is better than. Take a look at the raw numbers. a 70 QB rating and 8 TDs in 12 starts is garbage compared to anything. Thats a quick way to get to 4-12, which coincidentally, was the bengals record last season. They were bad for a number of reasons, but Fitzpatrick's garbage QB play had a big role in it.

A bit harsh, but in essence you are right. That has been the team's mantra for sometime now: if you have more than one starting QB on the roster you don't have any. They really do not believe in QB competition, as they believe that it generates controversy. Even the Flutie/Johnson thing turned out to be an accident because I do not believe anyone in the coaching staff/front office honestly thought Flutie would ever challenge RJ, let alone seize the starting job. Of course, it took an injury to RJ to get Flutie on the field.

Now, as far as Fitzpatrick goes... I want to play wait-and-see. He's a smart guy that knows his role. That translates into being a good teammate, and an effective clipboard holder. With questions about the coaching, that can't be a bad thing. If Trent can stay healthy, I suspect that Fitz will make for a fine backup QB. The question is: based on past performance, there is certainly a decent chance that Fitz will have to step on the field at some point. I've read the reports of his weak arm strength, but who knows? Last year he managed to eke out some victories with a pretty bad Cinci team. Maybe he is a gamer, so who knows? The Bills have won plenty of games with QBs with less-than-desirable arm strength (Reich, AVP, Holcomb, and yes Flutie). What good did JP Losman's elite arm strength do him last year when he came in off the bench? I would feel better, though, if we had someone better than Hamden at #3.

I don't think it's going to matter, b/c the staff will stick with Fitzpatrick, but here are the guys (as far as I can tell) that are available:

Brooks Bollinger

Charlie Frye

Brian Griese

Drew Henson

Jamie Martin

Craig Nall

Marques Tuiasosopo

Anthony Wright

yuck.

I don't think it's going to matter, b/c the staff will stick with Fitzpatrick, but here are the guys (as far as I can tell) that are available:

Brooks Bollinger

Charlie Frye

Brian Griese

Drew Henson

Jamie Martin

Craig Nall

Marques Tuiasosopo

Anthony Wright

yuck.

I'm holding off on my opinion until I see him the pre and regular season. However when the Bills first signed him I did a little research. Seems the main knock on him was that he didn't go down field to the open receiver, but instead was happy to dump off to the safety valve guy(s). Sound familiar? According to nfl.com he had 8TDs and 9INTs in 13 games.

Anyway, I wish the Bills would have signed Anthony Wright instead. He's got a lot of experience and has played well at times. Charlie Frye sucks. Saw him in Seattle last year and he was bad.

Not a chance in hell (Losman would) ever come back and play for this coaching staff. We're stuck with Trent Edwards.

If you goal is to replace Edwards with a quarterback from the UFL, why focus in particular on Losman? I'm sure the UFL has plenty of other quarterbacks from which to choose. And there's always the CFL. Or you could sign some guy from the (now defunct) NFL Europe.

Personally, I don't think the Bills should attempt to replace Edwards at this time. If he has a bad year, then you start thinking about drafting a potential replacement. Note the use of the word "drafting," as opposed to replacing the Bills' starting QB with a first round bust who's now out of the NFL.

Brooks Bollinger

Charlie Frye

Brian Griese

Drew Henson

Jamie Martin

Craig Nall

Marques Tuiasosopo

Anthony Wright

yuck.

Griese may be the best of those, and actually maybe Wright. Liked the potential Henson had, but

since coming back to football has not done a thing. Frye is intriguing, but Griese would be my

choice. Not real flashy, not a starter, but would value his game experience if he had to come in

for TE.

I actually thought Fitzpatrick was a decent signing based on the games he had with the Rams a

few years back. I believe he had one or two 300+ yard games. Not that you can tell much from

only a couple of games......RJ....... :w00t: