Trade Josh Reed to Baltimore

I think a lot of you are totally missing his importance, not only in the passing game, but in the run game. He takes those quick-footed DBs right out of the play, preventing them from being potential tackles, and making the possibility of long gains by the RB a reality.

BTW - real cute photo in the Zubaz. You do know we're discussing Josh and not Andre Reed, right?

But, didn't you know that slot guys who can block are a dime a dozen? C'mon man, everybody knows that. Where've you been?

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Roscoe's only value to anyone is as a punt returner. He's generously listed at 5'9" 171 lbs, has yet to prove he can provide anything more than 1 to 2 gadget plays a game. Why people think any team would want that midget to line up as a starter on offense is beyond me.

You just made 9/10 of the board angry- you know- he has the same skills as Wes Welker....its just that the coaches have a conspiracy to hold him back. He already should have been inducted into the Hall of Fame

It is a sad day when most of the posts defending this guy are about his downfield blocking.... Laughable.... Reed has been a bust plain and simple. If he was our best reciever last year then what does that say about our team. Do you all realize he has 9 career TD's in 8 seasons?

It is a sad day when most of the posts defending this guy are about his downfield blocking.... Laughable.... Reed has been a bust plain and simple. If he was our best reciever last year then what does that say about our team. Do you all realize he has 9 career TD's in 8 seasons?

64% of his catches went for 1st downs in 2008. Just for the sake of comparison, here are the percentages on some other guys you may have heard of:

Larry Fitzgerald - 62.5%

Andre Johnson - 66.1%

Calvin Johnson - 66.7%

(source: NFL.com)

Now I'm not comparing the players at all, but does the fact that he's one of the most reliable receivers in the league in terms of getting first downs change anything for you?

That's a possibility, but SJ hasn't (to my knowledge) established himself as being as dependable as Reed has been in clutch 3rd down passing situations. That position requires someone very sure-handed.

True, he hasnt proven himself yet, thats why said hope. Plus now he has rib injury which may make him miss a good portion of camp. Was expecting him to share the job with Reed this year, not nessisarily beat him outright, as they have different strenghts. My thought was more that Reed would have less snaps because of him, not nessarily be benched by him.

You just made 9/10 of the board angry- you know- he has the same skills as Wes Welker....its just that the coaches have a conspiracy to hold him back. He already should have been inducted into the Hall of Fame

I wouldnt go that far. Wes can get off the line in press coverage, and is willing to go over the middle. Havent seen either of those attributes from Roscoe. I do think he is cable of more if given a chance, but lets not compare him to one of the best slot recievers in the league yet.

64% of his catches went for 1st downs in 2008. Just for the sake of comparison, here are the percentages on some other guys you may have heard of:

Larry Fitzgerald - 62.5%

Andre Johnson - 66.1%

Calvin Johnson - 66.7%

(source: NFL.com)

Now I'm not comparing the players at all, but does the fact that he's one of the most reliable receivers in the league in terms of getting first downs change anything for you?

Andre Johnson 8 TD, Larry Fitzgeral 12 TD, Calvin Johnson 12 TD In one year not 8 years !!!!!!!

Just stop. He is not good. Stop settling. We deserve better players.

Yep.

He played in 11 games, 1 start, 10 catches total, no more than 1 catch per game.

2 td catches, 1 in a loss and 1 in a win.

SJ is what he is, an inexperienced player. Cashiering out Reed make no sense.

Not without a player who can realistically step in and either be as good or better than Josh in critical 3rd down situations. That "might" be SJ, but we're hurtin for certain if it's not. Huge risk.

EXACTLY...............LMAO.

Gee, wouldn't it be nice if he could actually make plays? He's not a bust, he's just not that good. Let the guys that are supposed to block fuggin block.

Andre Johnson 8 TD, Larry Fitzgeral 12 TD, Calvin Johnson 12 TD In one year not 8 years !!!!!!!

Just stop. He is not good. Stop settling. We deserve better players.

They are all tall recievers that are number ones on thier teams. Hes a short slot reciever, which typically dont catch allot of TD's. Slot recievers should have very high first down percentages, as they are usually on the field mostly on 3rd downs, and when team is behind or in 2 min offense, and other teams is in allot of prevent. Starting recievers play all the plays, and are getting plays to setup 2nd and short or 3rd and short much more frequently. Not allot of teams try and setup 4th and short.

Reed is actually Rated as the 8th most effecient WR according to bleacher reports. Not sure how reputable they are. While he isnt a game changer, extending the drive is nothing to sneeze at. I would like to see more snaps for Steve Johnson, expecially in Red Zone, but Reed is an important part of the offense.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/216244-...s/page/0#page/4

Not without a player who can realistically step in and either be as good or better than Josh in critical 3rd down situations. That "might" be SJ, but we're hurtin for certain if it's not. Huge risk.

How critical has Josh Reed been on third downs since he's been here? We have one of the worst offenses in the league. So, tell me, how critical has he been?

If you were Baltimore why would you want to give up draft picks or other assets to get Josh Reed. While he is a very good blocker and a decent possession receiver especially good in the slot is he a number 2 or 1 guy? Yeah Baltimore could use him for depth and that slot role but is Reed better than guys like Marvin Harrison or Armin Toomer who you don't have to give up assets for?

If you are Baltimore do you give up a 4th or 5th round pick for Josh Reed when you could just sign Armin Toomer? The guy Baltimore is going to go after is either getting back Derrick Mason or Plaxico Burris both guys are number 1/2 receiver types who are out on the market.

Baltimore isn't going to give up assets for something that they can approximate on the free agent market.

If you were Baltimore why would you want to give up draft picks or other assets to get Josh Reed. While he is a very good blocker and a decent possession receiver especially good in the slot is he a number 2 or 1 guy? Yeah Baltimore could use him for depth and that slot role but is Reed better than guys like Marvin Harrison or Armin Toomer who you don't have to give up assets for?

If you are Baltimore do you give up a 4th or 5th round pick for Josh Reed when you could just sign Armin Toomer? The guy Baltimore is going to go after is either getting back Derrick Mason or Plaxico Burris both guys are number 1/2 receiver types who are out on the market.

Baltimore isn't going to give up assets for something that they can approximate on the free agent market.

No, they wouldn't. Only the Reed lovin Buffalo fans would give up higher than a 5th for the guy, if that.

Josh Reed has been playing out of position since Price went to Atlanta. Ironically it was Reed's threat as a slot receiver his rookie year, along with Moulds' presence, that helped Price land that big deal with Atlanta. Very similar to the kind of threats we have now. I agree he's a mediocre wideout but he is an outstanding slot man where blocking skills are more essential. You can discount his blocking all you want and claim it doesn't matter and claim it is made up mythology to compensate for his lack of skill as a receiver. But in doing that you show a diminished appreciation for what's happening on the field.

GO BILLS!!!

So tell me, what's happening on the field? Our run game is anemic. Our YPC is low or has been low until it picked up SOME last year. So, tell me, how has Josh Reed's blocking downfield helped? He's made some nice blocks every now and then, but jesus people.....wake up.

Maybe I'm different here. I actually want my WR to be able to make PLAYS in the passing game. Call me stupid, but give me Steve Breaston. Give me Wes Welker, who is OUTSTANDING in the slot.

Mind boggling. Again, Reed is average. Period. Is it nice that he can block, yeah. But while he's blocking for one of the most anemic offenses in the league, other #3's are streaking downfield making plays.

If this team had cut some deadweight, I.E. Kelsay, Denney, and maybe Reed (although he's not deadweight, he's average), we could have a third legit WR, and this offense would be unstoppable. The O-line would only have to be adequate.

The game is about mismatches......and I for the life of me can't understand why teams don't try to get the third guy. All the teams that have a good third WR have good offenses. Josh Reed isn't really that guy. He's kind of like that major league baseball guy that hits .263, with 3 HR's, and drives in 44 RBI. He's just not that good really.

I wouldnt go that far. Wes can get off the line in press coverage, and is willing to go over the middle. Havent seen either of those attributes from Roscoe. I do think he is cable of more if given a chance, but lets not compare him to one of the best slot recievers in the league yet.

I was sarcastically pointing that comment at people who think Parrish is a WR. Reed is a very good WR in the slot