Levitre SIGNED

John,

Thanks again for keeping us up to date. (And on a personal note, it was great finally meeting you this morning, and thanks also for stopping back over this afternoon to give me this news. Much appreciated.)

hey, Lori. guess you made it home safe. the sky looked a little dark around time camp wrapped up, so hoping you didn't run into any storms. see you in Canton in a few weeks. i'll be needing that beer, maybe something stronger. :beer:

jw

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wonder how much these guys really miss if they miss a couple days of camp. It may have meant more in the past, but now with all the minicamps, these guys have learned a good amount already. Are they given access to all off-field stuff too? Sure, the extra couple can't hurt, but as long as we're not talking about something like Jamarcus Russell a few years back, they really can't be missing out on all that much.

It was the Russell holdout that led to guys like Matt Ryan, Mark Sanchez, and Matt Stafford getting huge deal right away. The Raiders showed the league why its important to get guys Especially QB's into camp in on time or at least not missing much time. I don't blame the Raiders for the Russell hold out they were willing to pay him it was just that his demands were way out there. So Russell getting 63 million with 30 plus in guaranteed money seemed really ridiculous (I remember he was asking for more money than that). Now Guys are getting 70 million with 40 in guarantees.

hey, Lori. guess you made it home safe. the sky looked a little dark around time camp wrapped up, so hoping you didn't run into any storms. see you in Canton in a few weeks. i'll be needing that beer, maybe something stronger. :beer:

jw

Yeah, I actually watched the last few minutes of the afternoon session from the pavillion behind the end zone, because it was definitely looking ominous. Figured I wasn't as much of a target for a lightning bolt there as I would have been at the top of the bleachers, and it was a shorter sprint to the relative safety of the merchandise tent. Saw a couple of showers on the way south, but nothing big -- sure as heck not like last night, anyway.

Far as I know, I'll have all my normal tailgate stuff (including a stocked cooler) with me in Canton, and I believe Mr. Jameson is booked into our hotel. Think Don Julio may be rooming with him, per a previous discussion on Tim's thread ... :beer:

Yeah, I actually watched the last few minutes of the afternoon session from the pavillion behind the end zone, because it was definitely looking ominous. Figured I wasn't as much of a target for a lightning bolt there as I would have been at the top of the bleachers, and it was a shorter sprint to the relative safety of the merchandise tent. Saw a couple of showers on the way south, but nothing big -- sure as heck not like last night, anyway.

Far as I know, I'll have all my normal tailgate stuff (including a stocked cooler) with me in Canton, and I believe Mr. Jameson is booked into our hotel. Think Don Julio may be rooming with him, per a previous discussion on Tim's thread ... :beer:

in that case, i'll bring sleeping bag in case i have to sack out in the parking lot ... :beer:

jw

John, great info as always...

However, I have to say I just don't understand what teams are doing(at least the Bills) with having their draft picks unsigned at this point. They have had over 3 months to get contracts worked out and yet guys are now missing training camp because of it? It just doesn't make much sense to me. I know everything is supposed to be "slotted" and the Bills don't want to set a bad precedent of giving out a contract that is too high compared to the player selected before him, etc, but they are only hurting themselves by these guys missing time at camp....

How soon do you look for the other picks to get signed and get in there?

On a side note, are these unsigned guys in the vicinity of the camp, or are they just chilling out at their houses right now?

the rookie want to hold out as long a possible to make the nfl team start to worry and panic so they give them a little more cash.

the team want them in a camp so they ofer more money to get them their.

Folks:

Unable to provide details, but look for a Levitre story to move (be filed, posted) on The Associated Press wire shortly.

jw

EDITS: UPDATES with AP reporting Levitre had signed, citing agent.

Good news hopefully the get Wood signed soon.

the rookie want to hold out as long a possible to make the nfl team start to worry and panic so they give them a little more cash.

the team want them in a camp so they ofer more money to get them their.

Was this supposed to be funny?

If you're referring to the English, most definetely.

Yes, I was referring to the English but also to the complete lack of clarity. I don't post much, but read TBD often. There are alot of good posters here but also alot of clueless people. I was responding to one.

Yes, I was referring to the English but also to the complete lack of clarity. I don't post much, but read TBD often. There are alot of good posters here but also alot of clueless people. I was responding to one.

Hey...I mean let's not blow Captain Perceptive's, master of the blatantly obvious, cover now....

:rolleyes: