DiGiorgio out for season/waived

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

technically and also professionally, it would be wrong for me to break news anywhere but the company that employs me, so ... but i thought i might give you heads up.

jw

I understand, I was just bustin' your chops.

Too bad about John. It's a big loss to be sure. It isn't devastating from a football perspective, though.

for those not familiar with the business, a story "moves" on the wire.

jw

and Dean, no offense taken. it's a tough loss, because i really came to like John. a good, blue-collar kid, and a nice guy.

Absolutely. I'm guessing he is well liked among teammates and coaches, too.

for those not familiar with the business, a story "moves" on the wire.

jw

and Dean, no offense taken. it's a tough loss, because i really came to like John. a good, blue-collar kid, and a nice guy.

no need to get defensive, but when it actually makes news we can take it as fact.

nothing personal, man.

Click a link, you're sounding stupid.

ok, from Forbes.com:

"Bills LB DiGiorgio to miss season with knee injury

By JOHN WAWROW , 07.25.09, 11:44 AM EDT

PITTSFORD, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills linebacker John DiGiorgio will miss the season after having surgery to repair bone damage in his right knee.

His agent, Chris Murray, told The Associated Press on Saturday that DiGiorgio had surgery two weeks ago in Vail, Colo. Murray said the surgery went well, but that DiGiorgio isn't expected to be fully healthy until January.

Coach Dick Jauron declined to comment on DiGiorgio and said the team will make an announcement later.

Signed by Buffalo in 2006 as an undrafted free agent out of Saginaw Valley State, DiGiorgio appeared in six games before tearing a ligament in his right knee last season. His best year came in 2007, when he started 14 games."

I don't read where he was waived.

ok, from Forbes.com:

"Bills LB DiGiorgio to miss season with knee injury

By JOHN WAWROW , 07.25.09, 11:44 AM EDT

PITTSFORD, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills linebacker John DiGiorgio will miss the season after having surgery to repair bone damage in his right knee.

His agent, Chris Murray, told The Associated Press on Saturday that DiGiorgio had surgery two weeks ago in Vail, Colo. Murray said the surgery went well, but that DiGiorgio isn't expected to be fully healthy until January.

Coach Dick Jauron declined to comment on DiGiorgio and said the team will make an announcement later.

Signed by Buffalo in 2006 as an undrafted free agent out of Saginaw Valley State, DiGiorgio appeared in six games before tearing a ligament in his right knee last season. His best year came in 2007, when he started 14 games."

I don't read where he was waived.

Pretty tough to pass a physical and get paid if you cannot play before camp.

Too bad the league doesn't have some type of reserve status for guys who are injured. I don't know what they'll do with him, but if you do you should show your source.

Well, that thing in the NFL called IR or PUP kinda sways me a little.

That, and the whole Jauron refused to comment and the team will make an announcement later too.

Every one just needs to calm down.

If this is true, why waive him, why not just put him on IR?

Do guys get paid on IR?? Why would we pay a edge player / LB if he is out this season?? We tossed better players to the curb before and they spent all the time at camp as well.

Why must you continue to post lies? WTF is wrong with you?

I read it elsewhere but common sense would force you to ask the basic question of why would we pay a borderline back-up a salary before he even gets to camp?? If he got hurt in camp and was under contract, he gets paid.

What happens if he makes the IR or PUP ?? Does he get paid ??

Think about it and let me know if you know the rules / how it works, until then your post is worthless (as well as you).

Do guys get paid on IR?? Why would we pay a edge player / LB if he is out this season?? We tossed better players to the curb before and they spent all the time at camp as well.

so you are speculating that he will be waived and not placed on IR, etc.

why don't we all just take a collective sigh, and wait for the Bills to make their announcement on his status later today?

I read it elsewhere but common sense would force you to ask the basic question of why would we pay a borderline back-up a salary before he even gets to camp?? If he got hurt in camp and was under contract, he gets paid.

Think about it and let me know if you know the rules / how it works, until then your post is worthless (as well as you).

Was he under contract?

Was his injury football related?

Can you waive an injured player without compensation?

dude, c'mon.

you act as if you are some divine holder of inside knowledge or something.

Are you on the front office payroll?

Since the obvious answer would be "NO", can you stop with the personal insults?

Better players? DiGiorgio has proven to be a reliable LB, not to mention a top Special Teams player. He probably would still get paid on IR, but I doubt his contract would break the Bills bank.

Why would we want to get rid of him? If there's a chance that he can come back and play next year, then I am fine with putting him on IR.

technically and also professionally, it would be wrong for me to break news anywhere but the company that employs me, so ... but i thought i might give you heads up.

jw

Thanks for the initial "heads up". Although, if you really want to have some fun, you should PM Skoobs the scoop and let him post it. No one would believe him anyway. :lol:

Seriously, its posters of your stature that make this board the great place that it is.

I read it elsewhere

Where? Got a link?

You have posted lie after lie on this board. Why you haven't been banned for it is beyond me.

Your post didn't speculate that you thought they might waive him, you posted this:

LB John DiGiorgio has been Waived/Failed Physical.

That's not a guess, not an opinion. You posted it as something that has been done. This isn't the first time you have done this.

Again, WTF is wrong with you?