DiGiorgio out for season/waived

Better players? DiGiorgio has proven to be a reliable LB, not to mention a top Special Teams player. He probably would still get paid on IR, but I doubt his contract would break the Bills bank.

Why would we want to get rid of him? If there's a chance that he can come back and play next year, then I am fine with putting him on IR.

Didn't he miss all of last season too? 2 years of no football, probably factored into the decision.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read it elsewhere but common sense would force you to ask the basic question of why would we pay a borderline back-up a salary before he even gets to camp?? If he got hurt in camp and was under contract, he gets paid.

What happens if he makes the IR or PUP ?? Does he get paid ??

Think about it and let me know if you know the rules / how it works, until then your post is worthless (as well as you).

OK, I will help you out here. When you think you have info, try to back it up a little bit. Including this link would have saved you much grief:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...10-a91eae6f44b3

But your credibility here is so bad, that when you post something like that, who will believe you? You have lied too many times in the past.

You were correct on this one, though.

OK, I will help you out here. When you think you have info, try to back it up a little bit. Including this link would have saved you much grief:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...10-a91eae6f44b3

But your credibility here is so bad, that when you post something like that, who will believe you? You have lied too many times in the past.

You were correct on this one, though.

THANK YOU, Dean!!

buddy, i'm the one who wrote the story that "moved." i knew it was coming because i had just filed it to the AP desk before starting this thread.

jw

JW,

I love your articles, always very informative. Listen, what is your feeling on if we will go out and sign a veteran to compete for PT now that Pizza Man is done? (By the way, I don't consider this much of a loss because the guy is not starter material, and I don't think makes over half the rosters in the NFL for that matter. Not overly athletic.)

JW,

I love your articles, always very informative. Listen, what is your feeling on if we will go out and sign a veteran to compete for PT now that Pizza Man is done? (By the way, I don't consider this much of a loss because the guy is not starter material, and I don't think makes over half the rosters in the NFL for that matter. Not overly athletic.)

have a t.o. piece to write, so won't have much time for q&a.

the bills have been looking for another lb to take over for Ellison, but not sure what they'll be able to get at this point.

DiGiorgio's injury might further that search. be interested to see, though, have Bowen and Ashlee Palmer perform in training camp. Bowen's a wild card because he got hurt so early last year in camp, and Bills are high on Palmer.

jw

gotta run.

He wrote the article that Beerball linked to, silly. This isn't Soprano we're talking about.

In other words, he makes the news.

I'm sorry to be skeptical about any reporter who "makes" the news.

Jayson Blair rings a bell.

Now, because everyone seems to be a tad hormonal here today, I'm not saying he IS Jayson Blair. I'm just quoting the ACTUAL report which stated that he was not going to be ready until January because of knee surgery from 2 weeks ago and that Jauron would not immediately comment as the team would discuss his status later.

I prefer to wait for the actual event to HAPPEN (i.e.- facts), instead of gossip like a bunch of busybodies with nothing better to do.

VOGL with the Buffalo News pulled the same stuff recently with an article about how both Dominic Moore and Afinogenov are done in Buffalo. I called him on it. After scouring the web, there was absolutely nothing about any signings or dealings of these 2 players. So, it was pure speculation on his part.

Will these 2 move? I think so. Everything would indicate the same. But is it ethical for a reporter to report or present something as fact when it has not yet occurred? (I'm NOT saying that this article or its reporter did this, as the article does not say he was cut...but SKOOBY all of sudden comes rushing in...)

I posted the actual article on here too.

Shortly after that, The Dean provided the link from the Bills site that he was waived.

I am now a believer. After it's a fact.

Don't mean to bruise any ego's or step on anyone's toes. Just provide your source, and I'm fine.

Guest dog14787
THANK YOU, Dean!!

For what, being a parasite on SKOOBY's arss that lives off of every post SKOOBY makes just so he can throw insults. :wallbash:

You realize he's the Associated Press beat writer, right?

Actually, I didn't know that myself. I'd assumed he was some schmoe that got lucky.

Because we all have to admit, the ratio of schmoes pretending to be insiders and actual insiders on this board is weighted pretty heavily in favor of the schmoes, by about a thousand to one.

Actually, I didn't know that myself. I'd assumed he was some schmoe that got lucky.

Because we all have to admit, the ratio of schmoes pretending to be insiders and actual insiders on this board is weighted pretty heavily in favor of the schmoes, by about a thousand to one.

phewww..thought i was a schmoe for a sec there

Shortly after that, The Dean provided the link from the Bills site that he was waived.

I am now a believer. After it's a fact.

Don't mean to bruise any ego's or step on anyone's toes. Just provide your source, and I'm fine.

Just to make sure you aren't confused here:

John Wawrow is a reporter for the AP. All of his posts on TSW have been credible. If John posts it as fact ("this has happened" or "will happen") I think it is safe to believe it. He normally follows up with a link to a story he has written (which is picked up by major newspapers).

OTOH, Skooby is an attention-starved, forum troll. He pretends to have contacts, posts outright lies disguised as fact, not opinion, and as far as I can tell is mostly interested in having the conversation turn its focus to him. Now every Skooby post isn't a lie, some are a repeat of something that's been said by others in other threads (and said better). Others are spectacularly obvious observations, couched as insight. Most are simply the clueless ramblings of a guy who knows less about football than my mother, and my mother doesn't watch football.

Let's make that 10,000.

John Wawrow is a reporter for the AP. All of his posts on TSW have been credible. If John posts it as fact ("this has happened" or "will happen") I think it is safe to believe it. He normally follows up with a link to a story he has written (which is picked up by major newspapers).

OTOH, Skooby is an attention-starved, forum troll. He pretends to have contacts, posts outright lies disguised as fact, not opinion, and as far as I can tell is mostly interested in having the conversation turn its focus to him. Now every Skooby post isn't a lie, some are a repeat of something that's been said by others in other threads (and said better). Others are spectacularly obvious observations, couched as insight. Most are simply the clueless ramblings of a guy who knows less about football than my mother, and my mother doesn't watch football.

skooby does have a sense of humor

Dean, than that is your prerogative.

I prefer to wait for an official word.

Dean, than that is your prerogative.

I prefer to wait for an official word.

Understood. As you are new here, I just wanted to give you the lay of the land, poster-wise, from my perspective. You are free to do what you wish with that info.

For what, being a parasite on SKOOBY's arss that lives off of every post SKOOBY makes just so he can throw insults. :wallbash:

I heard that he was waived, I posted it first on here and that can be verified. If I started a new thread on it, I get cremated by all the haters, so I post it on the DiGi thread and still get grief.

You haters need to realize that I hear stuff from different sources and when I do you hear about it. If you can't handle hearing about it early, avoid my posts. I will only put up what I hear, what I believe to be factual.

I heard that he was waived, I posted it first on here and that can be verified. If I started a new thread on it, I get cremated by all the haters, so I post it on the DiGi thread and still get grief.

You haters need to realize that I hear stuff from different sources and when I do you hear about it. If you can't handle hearing about it early, avoid my posts. I will only put up what I hear, what I believe to be factual.

next he'll be telling us that he sees dead people :wallbash:

Are the voices in your head "sources"?

The point you are avoiding is, you post things you hear as if they are facts, and you give no background about the source (high quality source, read it on another board, etc).

And sometimes you simply lie.

[/b]

dude, c'mon.

you act as if you are some divine holder of inside knowledge or something.

Understanding how things work helps as well but if one person knows something they must be torchered until they fess up how they know. That seems fair doesn't it?

Are the voices in your head "sources"?

The point you are avoiding is, you post things you hear as if they are facts, and you give no background about the source (high quality source, read it on another board, etc).

Sometimes a link is not possible, is that OK? If they show up in links after I posted them does that make them less factual or mean that the folks that lit up the mob torches jumped the gun?

You're lighting of all the torches is an embarassment, just say oops Skooby called it early and rules my world / mind. Then I call it even.

Understanding how things work helps as well but if one person knows something they must be torchered until they fess up how they know. That seems fair doesn't it?

uh, huh?

just provide a link and I think less people would have any legitimate beef with what you post.

Sometimes a link is not possible, is that OK? If they show up in links after I posted them does that make them less factual or mean that the folks that lit up the mob torches jumped the gun?

You're lighting of all the torches is an embarassment, just say oops Skooby called it early and rules my world / mind. Then I call it even.

nope.

gossip is for ladies.

nope.

gossip is for ladies.

Dude, I was called a liar for posting up facts on a DiGi thread. Guilty until proven innocent doesn't work on the Internet and I realize that but there is lines you just don't need to cross.

Benefit of the doubt needs to be given from now on, none of this badgering is necessary.

Dude, I was called a liar for posting up facts on a DiGi thread.

Wrong. You were called a liar because you are a !@#$ing liar:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?s=&am...t&p=1478371

Still haven't bothered to explain that one.

And you really have NO idea how to post something you have heard, without making it seem like it is fact? Really?

How about something like this, "I'm hearing the Bills have waived John D because of this injury. No link at the moment. I'll follow up when I get one."

Then, if it isn't true, you aren't a liar. If you say "X just happened" because you hear it has or will, and it turns out to be untrue, then you are a liar.

Guest dog14787
nope.

gossip is for ladies.

SKOOBY was called out on his post for being dishonest, come to find out his post was true, so who lies?

Same thing happened on another thread yesterday, SKOOBY gets called dishonest and it turns out to be false, meanwhile SKOOBY is helping folks here on TSW save money.

Being new Red, take the time to draw your own conclusions about fellow posters here on TSW

Dude, I was called a liar for posting up facts on a DiGi thread. Guilty until proven innocent doesn't work on the Internet and I realize that but there is lines you just don't need to cross.

Benefit of the doubt needs to be given from now on, none of this badgering is necessary.

Incorrect assessment. One accurate report does not undo the multitude of inaccurate posts. Its fairly standard to state your source when posting a rumor or scoop. Would it be so hard to preface any scoop with... "I read on another board..." or "After reading this (link), its my opinion that..." or "I talked to a friend in the FO, and they said..." or "I have a gut feeling that..."

Folks like JW and TG can post "scoops" as factual with little supporting statements because they're credentialed writers paid to get this information. I have no evidence to think you are. Hence, just provide some idea as to where you're getting your inside information from and much of this discussion goes away.

However, realize that if half or more of your scoops are from stuff you've read on other boards and are ultimately wrong, all your posts will be scrutinized. Ask any reporter what happens when they get just one story wrong, let alone the majority of their stories.

Finally, I'd add; it was nice to see you post the scoop in an existing DiGi thread. At least that's progress.

Incorrect assessment. One accurate report does not undo the multitude of inaccurate posts. Its fairly standard to state your source when posting a rumor or scoop. Would it be so hard to preface any scoop with... "I read on another board..." or "After reading this (link), its my opinion that..." or "I talked to a friend in the FO, and they said..." or "I have a gut feeling that..."

Folks like JW and TG can post "scoops" as factual with little supporting statements because they're credentialed writers paid to get this information. I have no evidence to think you are. Hence, just provide some idea as to where you're getting your inside information from and much of this discussion goes away.

However, realize that if half or more of your scoops are from stuff you've read on other boards and are ultimately wrong, all your posts will be scrutinized. Ask any reported what happens when they get just one story wrong, let alone the majority of their stories.

Finally, I'd add; it was nice to see you post the scoop in an existing DiGi thread. At least that's progress.

Agreed. Credit where it is due. Baby steps.

SKOOBY was called out on his post for being dishonest, come to find out his post was true, so who lies?

Same thing happened on another thread yesterday, SKOOBY gets called dishonest and it turns out to be false, meanwhile SKOOBY is helping folks here on TSW save money.

Being new Red, take the time to draw your own conclusions about fellow posters here on TSW

why does everyone assume I am calling SKOOBY a lady?

I just don't care for gossip. I understand that a whole industry has emerged that is mostly sport gossip. As I said earlier, just provide a link and I am cool.