A fitting statistic to the end of JP's Bills career...

Yes, we all knew Losman got sacked a lot, but I never thought it was this bad...

Losman is the 16th most sacked QB in NFL history, by percentage of sacks per dropback at an astounding 9.87%... So basically out of every 10 dropbacks, Losman was sacked once.

In fact, the Bills have 3 QB's in the top 16, including Rob Johnson, who is far and away the most sacked QB in the history of the NFL at 14.80%, with a huge cushion on second place Bobby Douglass at 13.25%...

Dennis Shaw is the other one, coming in at 7th, with a career sack rate of 11.83%...

Hopefully Losman continues his sacking ways in the UFL...

Least sacked QB's in NFL history? Steve Walsh at 2.95%, Dan Marino at 3.13%, John Brodie at 3.21%, Doug Williams at 3.24% and Peyton Manning at 3.33%...Brees is 7th at 3.67%

A few surprising names are pretty high on the sack list...Ben Roethlisberger gets sacked nearly as much as Losman at 9.17%---pretty surprising considering how well Pittsburgh runs the ball and how solid their O-line usually is, Donovan McNabb at 6.96%, surprisingly high for a guy that was a highly mobile QB until his last ankle injury, and Randall Cunningham at 10.14%---very surprising for the 1980's version of Michael Vick....

Tom Brady is about middle of the road for active QB's at 5.26%...

Doug Flutie is the least sacked Bills QB of all time, tied with Tony Romo as the 16th least sacked QB in NFL history at 4.74%...

Jim Kelly came in at a 6.33%...

EDIT:

Sorry about the link guys, it was late and I was tired...forgot to put it in:

Pro Football reference Career Sack % leaders

Yes, we all knew Losman got sacked a lot, but I never thought it was this bad...

Losman is the 16th most sacked QB in NFL history, by percentage of sacks per dropback at an astounding 9.87%... So basically out of every 10 dropbacks, Losman was sacked once.

In fact, the Bills have 3 QB's in the top 16, including Rob Johnson, who is far and away the most sacked QB in the history of the NFL at 14.80%, with a huge cushion on second place Bobby Douglass at 13.25%...

Dennis Shaw is the other one, coming in at 7th, with a career sack rate of 11.83%...

Least sacked QB's in NFL history? Steve Walsh at 2.95%, Dan Marino at 3.13%, John Brodie at 3.21%, Doug Williams at 3.24% and Peyton Manning at 3.33%...Brees is 7th at 3.67%

A few surprising names are pretty high on the sack list...Ben Roethlisberger gets sacked nearly as much as Losman at 9.17%---pretty surprising considering how well Pittsburgh runs the ball and how solid their O-line usually is, Donovan McNabb at 6.96%, surprisingly high for a guy that was a highly mobile QB until his last ankle injury, and Randall Cunningham at 10.14%---very surprising for the 1980's version of Michael Vick....

Doug Flutie is the least sacked Bills QB of all time, tied with Tony Romo as the 16th least sacked QB in NFL history at 4.74%...

Interesting numbers, but what would be the point of wishing ill will for JP?

Interesting numbers, but what would be the point of wishing ill will for JP?

I dont think "Ill Will" was the point to the post. Its more of the Bills did the right thing of letting JP go. I do wish him the best of luck as he is a class act. The NFL game was a little too fast for his mind to process. Maybe in a year or 2 he will be back. Until then best of luck to him. I do agree the one comment was uncalled for.

Oh dry your eyes, fellas. JP was a class act? Was it because he picked up garbage once on TV? Or was it the way he tutored Edwards and was such a selfless team player after getting benched?

Pittsburgh's O-line sucks.

Yes, excellent post but for two things...as the Big Cat said there's no link and also that JP Losman comment. I wish JP nothing but the best.

"wish nothing but the best"? The guy was a HORRIBLE QB simple as that. I say "Good Riddance" to JP. All that matters is wins and losses in this league, and for that matter in any sport. This isn't pee wee sports or the special olympics. No room for sentamentality with JP Losman. It wasn't like the guy was brilliant for a while and had us on the brink of greatness. He could not play a lick.

Oh dry your eyes, fellas. JP was a class act? Was it because he picked up garbage once on TV? Or was it the way he tutored Edwards and was such a selfless team player after getting benched?

Actually he was a class act. But hey, that's the hypocrisy that is Superfan Mr. WEO.

I don't understand this post. Losman is no longer with the team. Ok, so he didn't work out. Please move on and stop being so bitter. I think it's classless hoping the worst for someone. C'mon now.

I had come up with a stat. which basically also added fumbles and INTs to that, and called it the "badness" index.

In other words, the ratio of times dropped back to something BAD happening. J.P. was right up there with R.J. I never

got around to compaing to all starters any given year, but did compare J.P.'s badness to say a Brady or another top QB and often the J.P. 's ratio would like 200 % - 300 % greater that a very good QB. That last play against the Jets was a prime example. If you can't make a play, at least don't pee all over yourself.

Noone seemed too interested in it though.

Hope J.P. does well and stays healthy.

I would attribute this to the fact that in the modern NFL, a defensive player can't breathe heavy on the QB without the officials reaching for their yellow hankies. QBs know this, and have no problem holding on to the ball just a little longer. That, and QBs nowadays are bigger than most of the LBs. :rolleyes:

"wish nothing but the best"? The guy was a HORRIBLE QB simple as that. I say "Good Riddance" to JP. All that matters is wins and losses in this league, and for that matter in any sport. This isn't pee wee sports or the special olympics. No room for sentamentality with JP Losman. It wasn't like the guy was brilliant for a while and had us on the brink of greatness. He could not play a lick.

You've convinced me of one thing -- it takes a rather feeble-minded fellow to allow his displeasure with an athlete's on-field performance to lead to this sort of dribble. Rather shameful, really. I hope you don't have kids who are subjected to this sort of parental influence.

And I couldn't care less if someone criticizes me for taking a "holier than though" position on this. The truth of the matter is that I'm right.

You've convinced me of one thing -- it takes a rather feeble-minded fellow to allow his displeasure with an athlete's on-field performance to lead to this sort of dribble. Rather shameful, really. I hope you don't have kids who are subjected to this sort of parental influence.

And I couldn't care less if someone criticizes me for taking a "holier than though" position on this. The truth of the matter is that I'm right.

On the contrary, I think you are spot on with your assessment.

I dont think "Ill Will" was the point to the post. Its more of the Bills did the right thing of letting JP go. I do wish him the best of luck as he is a class act. The NFL game was a little too fast for his mind to process. Maybe in a year or 2 he will be back. Until then best of luck to him. I do agree the one comment was uncalled for.

Anyone who refers to Loserman as a class act has never seen him at the Snooty Fox on a gameday weekend doing his best "Bruno" impression.