Mike Williams Getting Tips From Jared?

H2o

350 is what a lot of pro lineman weigh. 350 on a guy that is under 6 ft and a banker looks silly. 350 on a 6'6 NFL lineman is what you want on your team.

Well yeah, I know that. Wasn't Williams around 370 when Buffalo selected him? I'm just saying being that big is plain ridiculous. People in general.

Personally, I wish Mike Williams well on his road back to the league. It's been reported in the past that he's dealt with depression and this is a sign that he's better, if not getting there. Pluse, there is no substitute for maturity. Perhaps he's just growing up. Whatever the reason for his recomittment to football in general and his life in particular, I wish him luck.

GO BILLS!!!

Personally, I wish Mike Williams well on his road back to the league. It's been reported in the past that he's dealt with depression and this is a sign that he's better, if not getting there. Pluse, there is no substitute for maturity. Perhaps he's just growing up. Whatever the reason for his recomittment to football in general and his life in particular, I wish him luck.

GO BILLS!!!

I am surprised there is not more HATE for Mike Williams. Talk about a HIGH WASTED Draft Pick. I think the #4 pick Williams was Drafted @ was worth more than the picks JP cost, yet there is MUCH HATRED for JP & very little for FAT Mike on this board.

I am surprised there is not more HATE for Mike Williams. Talk about a HIGH WASTED Draft Pick. I think the #4 pick Williams was Drafted @ was worth more than the picks JP cost, yet there is MUCH HATRED for JP & very little for FAT Mike on this board.

It's because we are farther removed from Mike Williams than we are JP right now. I also don't believe that JP is as hated as you believe. Most acknowledge that he's a great guy off the field and has done alot of good in the community. Most also acknowledge that he wasn't helped at all by the way he was handled early in his career and the fact tha they switched OC's 3 times. He was set up to fail in a way. He has a cannon for an arm, but can't seem to put everything together on the field. He showed flashes in 2006 and then fell apart the following season. I wish JP the best and Mike Williams too, but as long as they look like trash if they ever face the Bills :thumbsup:

He's a bum. The guy didn't appreciate the opportunity when he had it. Ross Tucker always takes jabs at big Mike whenever the chance arises (seemingly). If a guy's former linemate feels that strongly about Williams' lack of passion and toughness I find it hard to believe he will ever be an effective player regardless of what the scale says.

Although I do agree with a previous poster in regard to wishing he had displayed this type of commitment during his tenure with the Bills, ultimately he still has proven nothing. If he can hold up and contribute through an entire season of full-contact NFL football then I he's accomplished something.

Don't forget that this is the same guy who flipped his truck on the way to the Eagles game a few years ago. It was a bad day.

Good for Mike Williams its healthy for him to lose weight. However I wished he realized this passion to play when he was with the Bills. The guy was a real let down imagine if the Bills grabbed a guy like Dwight Freeney or Bryant McKinnie. If a guy is just a bust because he isn't that good but he did everything in his power to be a good player than I wouldn't hate the guy.

However if you are a bust in part due to the fact that you just didn't seem to work that hard than it really makes you dislike the guy. If I had a team invest a big time pick in me I would want to do everything I can to make that team think I was worth the pick.

Another poster pointed out the hate on Losman is greater than the hate on Fat Mike I think that is due to more to the fact that the Bills were able to get a guy like Jason Peters to fill the role that Williams was drafted to fill.

As for his Redskins days I hope he does OK much like Tony Mandraich did with the Colts. Not good but acceptable just good enough to make him realize how stupid he was with the Bills.

One needs to seperate the man from the player, that's all. I don't know ANYONE who hates JP. I know lots of people that question his QBing ability (me among them) as well as the playing ability of Mike Williams (me also among them). It's just a simple matter of hoping for a victory of the human spirit against the odds. Sounds like Williams is, at the very least, trying to become a winner. For that, I wish him well. Just as I've wished JP well in getting back into the league. I hope JP doesn't have to battle the personal demons that Williams has battled, either.

For those that wish to blather on about why Williams couldn't show the same commitment while in Buffalo, let it go. Just as those who wished JP were better while with the Bills need to let it go. Water through the dam and all that.

GO BILLS!!!

One needs to seperate the man from the player, that's all. I don't know ANYONE who hates JP. I know lots of people that question his QBing ability (me among them) as well as the playing ability of Mike Williams (me also among them). It's just a simple matter of hoping for a victory of the human spirit against the odds. Sounds like Williams is, at the very least, trying to become a winner. For that, I wish him well. Just as I've wished JP well in getting back into the league. I hope JP doesn't have to battle the personal demons that Williams has battled, either.

For those that wish to blather on about why Williams couldn't show the same commitment while in Buffalo, let it go. Just as those who wished JP were better while with the Bills need to let it go. Water through the dam and all that.

GO BILLS!!!

All you have to do is read through the archives to see there was a genuine hatred for JP on this board by some.

A far more impressive feat would be for the fourth overall pick in the 2002 draft, a relatively rare first-round bust at the tackle position, to make the final 53-man roster after two full years out of football.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::angry::w00t:

I've read a few articles that said Williams is a long shot to make the roster. Another article (July 8th USA Today Sports Weekly) states that the Skins are hoping that Williams pushes 3rd year man Stephon Heyer for the starting right tackle job.

The guy was a real let down imagine if the Bills grabbed a guy like ... Bryant McKinnie.

McKinnie isn't that great. Yes, he's better than Williams. But people are complaining about Whitner not being worth the draft pick, they'd be saying the same thing (or worse) about Bryant. I swear that Bills fans love this guy way more than any Vikes fan.

I've never rooted for a player to get injured but Mike Williams has made me question that particular stance on more than one occasion. Including right now.

:thumbsup:Never wish for NFL players to get injured!! Despite being overpaid they risk their very lives every down of every game they play!!

However, that said, although it's good for Williams that he has found some ambition to improve his overall health and even try to come back to the NFL, I will always hate him for being so lazy and immature as a top 5 draft pick of the Buffalo Bills! I hate the Bills scouts of that time for not knowing the kid better, and of course I will always hate Donahoe for being the idiot that drafted him.

No, I would never want Williams to get hurt. But I do want him to get cut from the Skins camp and simply go away from the NFL forever. I'm sure he has enough money to live on the rest of his life from the contract he stole from the Bills 7 years ago. :thumbsup:

The Book on Mike Williams coming out of college was if he got his hands on you, you were done, but also that he was overweight, top heavy, had poor change of direction, was slow out of his stance, and lacked killer instinct. He was what he was so why be mad at him- do you get angry at your mule because it's not a racehorse, that bad pick was on the Bills that's who you should be angry with if anyone-player who are virtually without flaw are rare they might only come along once every 3-5 years and they are gone in the first couple picks. So mostly teams are looking for good players with correctable flaws or at least flaws that can me hidden in their system- all these projections ( with a pro training regiment, with the right techniques, when he matures, when he heals, and so on) are both art and science and we simply haven't had the most talented guys who can project talent lately, I really, really miss Bill Polian.