NFL Sunday Ticket Upgrades for 09

Hope this wasn't already posted. Over the weekend I received a mailer from DirecTV advertising the Sunday Ticket upgrades for 09:

- All games in HD

- All games available on your PC

- All games available on your mobile device (blackberry, etc.)

The mailer did not explain how to activate the PC and blackberry access options. Anybody know how this is done? I've never figured out how to receive video on my blackberry.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope this wasn't already posted. Over the weekend I received a mailer from DirecTV advertising the Sunday Ticket upgrades for 09:

- All games in HD

The mailer did not explain how to activate the PC and blackberry access options. Anybody know how this is done? I've never figured out how to receive video on my blackberry.

If you already pay D-TV for HD, all the games are in HD anyway. Last year, you had to subscribe ($) to "Supercast" to get the games on PC. It's this little streaming video window where you can't see crap. You can barely make out what's going on watching a 50 inch HD TV, so what do you expect to see on a 3 inch streaming window or a smaller blackberry.

If you want that stuff, go to the D-TV home page, and hit the link for your account.

Here's a really stupid question:

Why doesn't DTV open up the online super-cast to non-DTV users?

As a renter, subscribing to DTV simply isn't an option, but certainly there are more like me who WOULD subscribe to the online supercast if it were made available for a fraction of the subscription cost...

If you already pay D-TV for HD, all the games are in HD anyway. Last year, you had to subscribe ($) to "Supercast" to get the games on PC. It's this little streaming video window where you can't see crap. You can barely make out what's going on watching a 50 inch HD TV, so what do you expect to see on a 3 inch streaming window or a smaller blackberry.

If you want that stuff, go to the D-TV home page, and hit the link for your account.

^ Fail

I used my laptop as a "second screen" almost every Sunday last year -- Bills on the big HD screen, and my laptop to flip between other games or leave it on the RZ channel. The picture was not "crap" and the whole thing worked very well. I also used my laptop to watch the Bills in week 2 in Jacksonville when I was on vacation.

Worth the $$ in my opinion.

By the way, if any DTV customers who have NOT previously subscribed to Sunday Ticket wish to do so, please PM me as I can save us both a little cash. :lol:

As a renter, subscribing to DTV simply isn't an option, but certainly there are more like me who WOULD subscribe to the online supercast if it were made available for a fraction of the subscription cost...

Well, for a company that has a contract to pay $4 billion to the NFL for the rights to broadcast (broadcast?) replacement player games in 2011, what do you expect?

^ Fail

I used my laptop as a "second screen" almost every Sunday last year -- Bills on the big HD screen, and my laptop to flip between other games or leave it on the RZ channel. The picture was not "crap" and the whole thing worked very well. I also used my laptop to watch the Bills in week 2 in Jacksonville when I was on vacation.

By the way, if any DTV customers who have NOT previously subscribed to Sunday Ticket wish to do so, please PM me as I can save us both a little cash. :lol:

Lost the remote for your DVR and D-TV box?

...and, the picture is crap...

^ Fail

By the way, if any DTV customers who have NOT previously subscribed to Sunday Ticket wish to do so, please PM me as I can save us both a little cash. :ph34r:

Have I got a deal for you!

:lol:

^ Fail

You were the guy that blasted me last year for trying to make a few extra bucks scalping tickets to fellow posters. You hypocritical son of a B word. :lol:

So while we're on the subject, I wanted to ask a D-TV/Sunday Ticket question to those of you who might have it. In subscribing, are you able to watch multiple games if you have more than one TV? Say I have two TVs hooked up to it and want to watch two 1 PM games without switching back and forth - can I do it?

Thanks

No, only if you pay extra for the SuperFan

So while we're on the subject, I wanted to ask a D-TV/Sunday Ticket question to those of you who might have it. In subscribing, are you able to watch multiple games if you have more than one TV? Say I have two TVs hooked up to it and want to watch two 1 PM games without switching back and forth - can I do it?

Thanks

If you pay extra for the extra HD receivers, unless you're in to pirating...Each TV needs its own receiver.

...or you can watch one game live and DVR the other and watch it later

I'm pretty sure it's a contractual / legal thing. But the bottom line is, DirecTV is making more because many people are going ahead and signing up for Sunday Ticket, which means they also have to sign up for DirecTV. If they made just the football package available on the internet, they would potentially lose out on a lot of full subscribers, and the money they made off the football internet only subscribers would not make up for it.

You were the guy that blasted me last year for trying to make a few extra bucks scalping tickets to fellow posters. You hypocritical son of a B word. :lol:

I don't get how this is hypocritical. He's saving himself and the subscriber some money by taking advantage of a DirecTV promotion. You were making money off of other Bills fans.

- All games in HD

This would be money, IMO. There are a few times every year when I am out of town (i.e., around Thanksgiving), and I can't just tivo and avoid the media for five days.