NFL Sunday Ticket Upgrades for 09

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope this wasn't already posted. Over the weekend I received a mailer from DirecTV advertising the Sunday Ticket upgrades for 09:

- All games in HD

- All games available on your PC

- All games available on your mobile device (blackberry, etc.)

The mailer did not explain how to activate the PC and blackberry access options. Anybody know how this is done? I've never figured out how to receive video on my blackberry.

Wish I had DirecTV and could afford NFL Sunday ticket (Its like over a 100 bucks right). I hate how DirecTV is the only place you can buy the ticket but its business and they pay a lot for the exclusivity. I live in NJ and I get to see the Bills on National TV or when they play the Jets twice a year. I also once a season get to see a game against the Pats or Fins.

So I get to watch 3-5 Bills games from my home each year. I usually go to a sports bar or a friends house to see some more games. All in all I see between 8-11 Bills games every year. I miss a few due to work or just not getting a place to see them. If I can't see them I use NFL.com to track the game in real time.

If I miss a game I usually watch it on the NFL network or another form of replay.

Wish I had DirecTV and could afford NFL Sunday ticket (Its like over a 100 bucks right). I hate how DirecTV is the only place you can buy the ticket but its business and they pay a lot for the exclusivity. I live in NJ and I get to see the Bills on National TV or when they play the Jets twice a year. I also once a season get to see a game against the Pats or Fins.

So I get to watch 3-5 Bills games from my home each year. I usually go to a sports bar or a friends house to see some more games. All in all I see between 8-11 Bills games every year. I miss a few due to work or just not getting a place to see them. If I can't see them I use NFL.com to track the game in real time.

If I miss a game I usually watch it on the NFL network or another form of replay.

Actually, Sunday Ticket is around $250.00.

HD is an $ upgrade. Of course, they're not going to let you loiter at the sports bar without running up a good sized tab, either. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

How does anyone think the salary cap has been going up steeply? Generosity by the owners?

Wow didn't know it was that much. And I am pretty sure the 250.00 is just for the ticket add on and that doesn't include the regular cable. I remember like 10 years ago when me and my brother were looking to buy NFL ticket for our dad and it was around 125 dollars (Correct me if I am wrong about the price). Thats a lot of money to pay for football and they make you pay more for HD wow just wow.

Wow didn't know it was that much. And I am pretty sure the 250.00 is just for the ticket add on and that doesn't include the regular cable. I remember like 10 years ago when me and my brother were looking to buy NFL ticket for our dad and it was around 125 dollars (Correct me if I am wrong about the price). Thats a lot of money to pay for football and they make you pay more for HD wow just wow.

...and it keeps going up, not surprisingly.

...and it keeps going up, not surprisingly.

At some point the fans have to say enough is enough. If I was paying a 100 dollars and than within a few years it doubled in price I would just stop buying it. I mean 250 dollars to watch football is just too steep. If you can afford it congratulations and I guess the free market has spoken because enough people can afford it.

Yeah, it's getting up there. If you want the Ticket in HD it's an extra $99.00. My bill is pretty high during football and hockey season.

At some point the fans have to say enough is enough. If I was paying a 100 dollars and than within a few years it doubled in price I would just stop buying it. I mean 250 dollars to watch football is just too steep. If you can afford it congratulations and I guess the free market has spoken because enough people can afford it.

That's been my birthday present from my wife. If I were just to watch the Bills, I'd drop it. However, there's a lot of really good football played around the League. I think there was only one weekend last season where I didn't catch at least one excellent game.

If you're only watching Bills games, you're missing the football boat, as it were...

That's been my birthday present from my wife. If I were just to watch the Bills, I'd drop it. However, there's a lot of really good football played around the League. I think there was only one weekend last season where I didn't catch at least one excellent game.

If you're only watching Bills games, you're missing the football boat, as it were...

If I had it I would watch the Bills and my dad and brother would watch the Vikings play. But yeah I would watch it for other games too. I just like football that much however if I had Direct TV I wouldn't buy the ticket just too much money. 150.00 with HD is reasonable to me. I like my football but I can draw the line.

However If money wasn't a factor that much in my life I would buy it but I wouldn't pay the HD fee thats just a little ridiculous under any circumstance.

I am just lucky that I live in the same area as my favorite hockey team because I would pay a lot of money to watch my Devils play (Maybe even 250.00 but theres 82 hockey games I could justify it that way).

Another option for some people is buying a slingbox. It connects to your home receiver and then sends the signal to any computer that has the internet. It's a pretty good quality picture and its only a one time fee. So for someone like me who's in college during bills/sabres seasons I still get to watch every game.

It's better if you have Time Warner because you can hook up two "tv's" to the box (say a digital box and a straight basic coax) because that way if you don't want to watch exactly what you have on your home tv you can switch to basic cable and quality is no different. I switched over to fios and now would have to pay the money for an extra box to have that luxury, but I haven't found it to be a problem since I only use it for the games.

One time fee smaller than $250 >> $250 plus $100 a year with Ticket

I think it's up to $279.95...before the HD add-on fee.

And is it just me, or do they purposely make the non-HD games look chittier now that HD is available? I've noticed you can't even clearly make out the names on the scoreboard in the corner half the time anymore. Gotta say, that's one of the things I'm most looking forward to when the lockout hits...DirecTV still paying the NFL Billions despite having no games. D-bags deserve it, too...

the superfan upgrade is "5 easy payments of $20.00" according to the flyer i got. I'll be happy with the regular sunday ticket because i don't have an HDTV...

WARNING: Once you go hi-def, there' no going back.

WARNING: Once you go hi-def, there' no going back.

I love HD but unless there is a HDTV next to a SDTV I don't see a HUGE diffrence. SD still looks clear and good. HD Looks awesome and much more clear. But the adjustment from Good to Awesome is a difference but its not like I watch SD and go what the hell is this crap. SD is a step down but far from unwatchable.

HD is great for sports and action movies. Old movies (Anything that wasn't filmed in HD) don't look that much better in HD. Movies and TV shows that don't feature a lot of action or movement also don't look great in HD.

I have a 42 inch HD TV and I love to play video games and watch TV on it but in my room I have a 20 inch SD TV and I still enjoy TV and like I said its far from unwatchable. Its only when I go to a Best Buy and see a SDTV feed next to a HD TV that I really see how much more clear it is.

IF for some stupid reason the world stopped HD and only SD was available I wouldn't be too upset. (I would probably notice it more on my 360 than anything else.)

I love HD but unless there is a HDTV next to a SDTV I don't see a HUGE diffrence. SD still looks clear and good. HD Looks awesome and much more clear. But the adjustment from Good to Awesome is a difference but its not like I watch SD and go what the hell is this crap. SD is a step down but far from unwatchable.

HD is great for sports and action movies. Old movies (Anything that wasn't filmed in HD) don't look that much better in HD. Movies and TV shows that don't feature a lot of action or movement also don't look great in HD.

I have a 42 inch HD TV and I love to play video games and watch TV on it but in my room I have a 20 inch SD TV and I still enjoy TV and like I said its far from unwatchable. Its only when I go to a Best Buy and see a SDTV feed next to a HD TV that I really see how much more clear it is.

IF for some stupid reason the world stopped HD and only SD was available I wouldn't be too upset. (I would probably notice it more on my 360 than anything else.)

I only have one HD receiver for my big LCD, and I watch stuff like news, Leno (boo hoo), etc., in SD, on the other sets no problem. To me, it's the Dolby 5.1 surround that seals the deal on HD. Movies pretty much need 5.1 surround. Another thing is that my wife got me this great, Danish recliner for in front of the big screen. It's just a kick to be able to see the individual threads in the jerseys, and stuff like that.

I think it's up to $279.95...before the HD add-on fee.

And is it just me, or do they purposely make the non-HD games look chittier now that HD is available? I've noticed you can't even clearly make out the names on the scoreboard in the corner half the time anymore. Gotta say, that's one of the things I'm most looking forward to when the lockout hits...DirecTV still paying the NFL Billions despite having no games. D-bags deserve it, too...

You are correct. Incredible how much it has increased over the years.