Sanders has a history of getting the most from d-line

I am sick of "good man" coaches like DJ. Give me Bellicheat and a winner, I'll get over his not being such a good man.

That's pretty sad. You'd rather cheat to win than win legitimately?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sick of "good man" coaches like DJ. Give me Bellicheat and a winner, I'll get over his not being such a good man.

Greggo was a yeller, how'd that work out? Dungy wasn't a yeller, how'd he work out? Marv wasn't a yeller, how'd he work out? To say a yeller and screamer and bad guy coach would win more often than a more reserved coach who concentrates on fundamentals is not a very well researched conclusion.

Greggo was a yeller, how'd that work out? Dungy wasn't a yeller, how'd he work out? Marv wasn't a yeller, how'd he work out? To say a yeller and screamer and bad guy coach would win more often than a more reserved coach who concentrates on fundamentals is not a very well researched conclusion.

What's even better is he starts off that very same post stating that our 2 previous DL coaches were yellers. Two coaches that we all know did little with our line. Now we have a "good guy" coach - and before training camp even starts, he's already sick of him. Brilliant. :)

It is odd how two people can watch the same games and see such different results. Kyle Williams is hard to dislike for his effort. When he gets a good angle he can even make a nice play from time to time, but imo he is consistently pushed around. He isn't tall and has very short arms. Incredibly stout against the run? I don't see this even a little. Do you see him stopping runners on 3rd and short? Seriously, I do not. What I do see is teams running all over the Bills and making first downs.

Kyle Williams is a decent rotational player, that's about it.

Jmo.

Agreed. Every team needs players like Kyle Williams on their team. Goes all out. But ideally, you want him as your 3rd DT, being the first one off the bench, or perhaps starting a few games as an injury replacement. You dont want ot have to rely on him as a season long starting DT. I feel the same way about Ellison.

For the record, GB fired Sanders as their DC. Granted they moved to the 3-4, but only after hiring Dom Capers as the new DC.

Coaches fired at one level and hired at a lower one are effectively demoted. That's not a track record I'm going to bank on until results start coming. Sanders, like many on Buffalo's staff, hasn't demonstrated consistent success.

There are many many coordinators who proved that a HC job was over their heads, but they went back and again became outstanding coordinators. Sanders may (I don't know?) have been over his head as a coordinator. Does that mean that he cannot again be a top notch D-line coach? That could be his niche.

There are many many coordinators who proved that a HC job was over their heads, but they went back and again became outstanding coordinators. Sanders may (I don't know?) have been over his head as a coordinator. Does that mean that he cannot again be a top notch D-line coach? That could be his niche.

I agree, it is the Peter Principal. A person is promoted beyond his ability. I heard the Packers discussed on the Radio, they said Sanders ran a vanilla but aggressive Defense.

Dick LeBeau, Dom Capers, Gregg Williams to name just a few. Jim Bates...Joel Collier...Wade Phillips...Hank Bullough...Ray Handley and a ton more offensive coordinators who flopped as head coaches.

Dick LeBeau, Dom Capers, Gregg Williams to name just a few. Jim Bates...Joel Collier...Wade Phillips...Hank Bullough...Ray Handley and a ton more offensive coordinators who flopped as head coaches.

I would not call Wade a flop as a head coach. He did well here and averywhere else for a few seasons.

Would much rather have Wade back than DJ.

The rest of those guys....no

I would not call Wade a flop as a head coach. He did well here and averywhere else for a few seasons.

Would much rather have Wade back than DJ.

The rest of those guys....no

Wade's probably not a horrible head coach. However he's never won a playoff game as a head coach (0-4) and he's coached some very talented teams.

Wade's track record is similar to Jim Mora's in New Orleans. Mora was the first to coach the Saints to a winning record and the first to coach them into the playoffs. That's the good part. But his playoff record in New Orleans was 0-4.

I guess it's a glass half-full, half-empty discussion as far as Wade Phillips and Jim Mora go.

Wade's probably not a horrible head coach. However he's never won a playoff game as a head coach (0-4) and he's coached some very talented teams.

Wade's track record is similar to Jim Mora's in New Orleans. Mora was the first to coach the Saints to a winning record and the first to coach them into the playoffs. That's the good part. But his playoff record in New Orleans was 0-4.

I guess it's a glass half-full, half-empty discussion as far as Wade Phillips and Jim Mora go.

pretty sad, but losing in the playoffs would be a big step up for the Bills

Dungy and Levy each had, for years in a row, some of the most talented, complete teams of their era (especially on offense), yet, combined, have one SB victory between them. This is a direct reflection of their coaching ability.

So, to answer your question "how'd that work out?": not nearly as well as it should have.