Dominic Rhodes on Colin Cowherd Show

I did that and Buffalo has no where near the amount of sunny days as Atlanta or Orlando...

Here.

Interesting, in the buffalo news they have us at 84 days so far year to date. Last year they had us for the year I think at 180 days. The news states a sunny day is considered 50% of sunshine throughout the day.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kellerman's ratings were very good but he rubbed some of the ESPN suites the wrong way and he was forced out for the Heard a show about a D-Bag who loves college Football and Golf One know one no one in NY cares about College football and the other isn't a sport.

Really? That's news to me. From my perspective college football was VERY popular in this area last year and has been at nearly the same level for years. As far as the "Golf isn't a sport" crap, well done. The last time I heard someone actually try to make that argument it was coming out of the mouth of a 13 year old. Cowherd might be over the top and "annoying" to some at times, but are you really going to throw Max Kellerman out there as a better radio option? He is often the definition of annoying when he strays away from boxing analysis, IMO.

I don't mind some of ESPN radio. It is better than most local sports talk, IMO. Of course, that is with the exception of Cowturd, who is just horrible.

Patrick is very good and I like Tirico and Van Pelt, too (the local station decided to go local all day, now...HORRIBLE). The evening/weekend stuff is OK for the most part, but it depends on the host. If they concentrate on game stuff, I like it.

Local St Augustine sports talk is as bad as it sounds. There is one guy that is OK (Rand: Sports at Random) and another (Greg Larson) who is so old school, I am shocked he is still on the air. He constantly misses the toss back from commercials, so you have a minute or so of silence (other than the producer saying "Greg?" "We are back Greg"...), and says something borderline racist on nearly every show. The other guys are too boring to mention.

I don't mind some of ESPN radio. It is better than most local sports talk, IMO. Of course, that is with the exception of Cowturd, who is just horrible.

Patrick is very good and I like Tirico and Van Pelt, too (the local station decided to go local all day, now...HORRIBLE). The evening/weekend stuff is OK for the most part, but it depends on the host. If they concentrate on game stuff, I like it.

Local St Augustine sports talk is as bad as it sounds. There is one guy that is OK (Rand: Sports at Random) and another (Greg Larson) who is so old school, I am shocked he is still on the air. He constantly misses the toss back from commercials, so you have a minute or so of silence (other than the producer saying "Greg?" "We are back Greg"...), and says something borderline racist on nearly every show. The other guys are too boring to mention.

Dan Patrick is on FOX Sports now...and, as of this week, it is just the Van Pelt show...Tirico dropped his radio duties, but will contribute heavily, they say, during the football season. Tirico is everywhere...and I think he is okay, but not even great. I guess the best thing about him, is, he is just bland enough not to offend.

Really? That's news to me. From my perspective college football was VERY popular in this area last year and has been at nearly the same level for years. As far as the "Golf isn't a sport" crap, well done. The last time I heard someone actually try to make that argument it was coming out of the mouth of a 13 year old. Cowherd might be over the top and "annoying" to some at times, but are you really going to throw Max Kellerman out there as a better radio option? He is often the definition of annoying when he strays away from boxing analysis, IMO.

I know Kellerman's over obsessive talk about the Yanks and the fact that he didn't know too much about hockey were both things I didn't like about Kellerman. BUT I did like the fact that he was something different. His banter with his producer and Call screener were really funny (Especially when they talked about comic books or pro wrestling from the 1980's and 1990's). He also did things like host classic rock and killer animal tournaments during slow points of the year (aka the summer) rather than talk about baseball for the billionth time.

Kellerman was a little full of himself but he at least acknowledged it and even made fun of himself at times about it. Kelleramn also had a good knowledge of Baseball (He was a big proponent of Saber analysis) and a good knowledge of NFL football (One of the first guys to point out the league since the mid 1990's has basically become a nerfed up league were 75% of the league are 8-8 teams competing to see who gets in game luck and less injuries).

When not talking about the Knicks he really knew his stuff about the NBA (was one of the first to use efficiency rating and for years has been saying Lebron is better than Kobe). Overall he is light years ahead of Cowherd from an entertainment and a knowledge of sports perspective. Kellerman wasn't perfect but he was best option for that time slot.

Dan Patrick is on FOX Sports now...and, as of this week, it is just the Van Pelt show...Tirico dropped his radio duties, but will contribute heavily, they say, during the football season. Tirico is everywhere...and I think he is okay, but not even great. I guess the best thing about him, is, he is just bland enough not to offend.

Thanks. I forgot about Patrick's move, as he hasn't been on a local station where I have lived, for years. But when I get the chance to hear his show, I generally like it.

As for Van Pelt and Tirico, I could never tell which one was one, as it was usually one or the other (and sometimes, but rarely, both) when I listened. I liked the fact that they didn't seem to try to manufacture stupid controversy where one really didn't exist. I can do also do without all the bells and whistles on sports radio.

Is someone suggesting Max Kellerman has any talent whatsoever? He must be holding some damaging evidence against someone. Based on what I have seen and heard, the guy is without a clue. Just horrid.

As far as college football goes I know there is an audience for it but its heavily localized. Most college football fans (In New York/New Jersey) don't really care about anything that doesn't effect their team. For example most Rutgers fans don't really care that much about what is going on in the big 10. Its way too splintered for a radio station to have a daily host whose best and only knowledge is about college football.

The odds of a guy like Cowherd talking about something a New York college football fan wants to hear are very slim. College football has an audience but NY/NJ is a pro town no doubt about most people I know think of college football as an after thought.

I did that and Buffalo has no where near the amount of sunny days as Atlanta or Orlando...

Here.

To be fair this was years ago. I heard it on WGRZ. My point is the weather in Buffalo is way overblown.

ZOMGGGGG THE WINTER IS 10 MONTHS LONG THERE!!!

Remember how much fun everyone was having (either last year or two years ago) when they didn't have any hurricanes to replenish the lakes?

Weather can suck everywhere. The people that say Buffalo's weather sucks just don't like the cold.

Thanks. I forgot about Patrick's move, as he hasn't been on a local station where I have lived, for years. But when I get the chance to hear his show, I generally like it.

As for Van Pelt and Tirico, I could never tell which one was one, as it was usually one or the other (and sometimes, but rarely, both) when I listened. I liked the fact that they didn't seem to try to manufacture stupid controversy where one really didn't exist. I can do also do without all the bells and whistles on sports radio.

Is someone suggesting Max Kellerman has any talent whatsoever? He must be holding some damaging evidence against someone. Based on what I have seen and heard, the guy is without a clue. Just horrid.

If you ever heard Kellerman on the radio (When he wasn't talking about the Yanks) you would know that Kellerman was a pretty good host. In addition to a good knowledge of boxing he had a good deal of knowledge on Saber baseball analysis. He was also pretty good on the NFL and NBA.

I think you have to get a large dose of Kellerman on the radio (At least listen to a few segments of a few shows) to get his style. I think a lot of the hate on Kellerman comes form the fact that in a small once in a while dosage he can come off as a D-bag

There are no poles on fire hydrants, at least where I live. I do not know where people get this stuff from.

FYI there are poles on hydrants. I am a volounteer fire fighter and my district has them.

To be fair this was years ago. I heard it on WGRZ. My point is the weather in Buffalo is way overblown.

ZOMGGGGG THE WINTER IS 10 MONTHS LONG THERE!!!

Weather can suck everywhere. The people that say Buffalo's weather sucks just don't like the cold.

:D True Story ;)

If you ever heard Kellerman on the radio (When he wasn't talking about the Yanks) you would know that Kellerman was a pretty good host. In addition to a good knowledge of boxing he had a good deal of knowledge on Saber baseball analysis. He was also pretty good on the NFL and NBA.

I think you have to get a large dose of Kellerman on the radio (At least listen to a few segments of a few shows) to get his style. I think a lot of the hate on Kellerman comes form the fact that in a small once in a while dosage he can come off as a D-bag

I've seen him do boxing on TV, and he stinks at that, too.

I've seen him do boxing on TV, and he stinks at that, too.

Can speak for his boxing commentary (don't get HBO I thought he did a good job in the Rockey movie though just kidding). I think that his radio show was good however and in addition to having an interesting/original style he had a fairly good knowledge of sports. Overall his show was much better than Cowherd or any one else ESPN has nationally.

If you just don't like his style than that cool different strokes for different folks. But even if you don't like it at least he was trying something different unlike a guy like Cowherd.

FYI there are poles on hydrants. I am a volounteer fire fighter and my district has them.

we have them in DC and Richmond as well. Not a ton mind you, but in some townhouse developments and the like with narrow streets, even a 6 inch snow can get then covered up as there is just not a lot of room to push the snow. Granted, they are usefil about once every five years, but still, they are a safety measure.