SCOOBY was right back in May

major

Back in May, I remember Scooby comparing the 2009 Bills to the 1999 Rams. I too see the similarities and agree with him. I can't wait to see our players holding up the Vince Lombardi trophy in Miami at the end of this season.

Back in May, I remember Scooby comparing the 2009 Bills to the 1999 Rams. I too see the similarities and agree with him. I can't wait to see our players holding up the Vince Lombardi trophy in Miami at the end of this season.

:flirt:

ummmm, similar....somewhat. Minus Orlando Pace.....all of a sudden not so similar

Guest three3

was that not the year that kurt warner came out of nowhere when trent green went down?

hopefully fitzpatrick will get a shot once the glove wearing mary gets hurt or sucks real bad, we all know one or the other will happen

notice both starting quarterbacks giving way to superior backups are named trent

Oh look Skooby has a 2nd username.

How effing clever.

You suck Skooby or should I say Oneonta Buffalo Fan

What are the similarities that you see?

The Bills are like the '99 Rams? Well, other then the fact that:

1) The Rams had Dick Vermiel coaching who had the experience of turning around a moribound Eagles team in the late 70's into a SB team.

2) The Rams had a much better and more experienced OL.

3) The Rams had a much easier schedule coming off a horrible '98 season.

4) The Rams had a young Kurt Warner who came out of nowhere to replace inured Trent Green in the preseason and have a Pro Bowl season. (Can we expect such an amazing season out of Trent Edwards, or will he become our Trent Green and get injured yet again this season, leaving the Bills with no young Kurt Warner-type to replace him??)

5) The Rams had Marshall Faulk in his prime, and the Bills don't.

6) The Rams had a better defense then the Bills have proven to have up to this point, maybe not at the very start of the '99 season, because nobody thought they were going to be good. But they ended up having a good enough season to win the SB, and can we expect the Bills young defense to do the same??

Yeah, so other then those "minor" differences, the '99 Rams and '09 Bills are identicle. :flirt:

yup exactly the same - minus the MVP qb, HOF Left Tackle, HOF RB and london fletcher. OK kidding about fletcher but the rest is true. about the ONLY similiarities are at wideout with TO being Bruce, Lee as Holt and Roscoe as Az-hakim. thats really the only comparions. sorry skooby

It's cool, this season has yet to be played and you guys discount comparisons about how the offensive talents are aboard. We're loaded for bear and ready to use a no-huddle attack offense, you can't tell me back then that the O-line was a known quantity, it was a huge question mark at the time.

It's easy to look back with 20/20 then to look forward, I can't live in the past but I can look for similiar talent.