Buffalo Wings and Rings (?)

stevewin

One of these franchise restaurants is opening up down the road from me - wondering if anyone has been to one and what they thought...

"Rated #1 Chain Nationwide" screams the sign on the window - looked it up and that refers to the top ranking in a list of fastest-growing small chains by 'Restaurant Business' magazine last year. Looks like the company is based in Ohio (Cinci).

wonder if it is related to NY Penn restaurant....i think they are also a cincinatti based chain...they make good subs

****edit...its Penn Station and they are based out of Dayton...guess i answered my own question

One of these franchise restaurants is opening up down the road from me - wondering if anyone has been to one and what they thought...

"Rated #1 Chain Nationwide" screams the sign on the window - looked it up and that refers to the top ranking in a list of fastest-growing small chains by 'Restaurant Business' magazine last year. Looks like the company is based in Ohio (Cinci).

Please God don't let this be another Buffalo Wild Wings.... PLEASE!!!!! Worst wing chain ever IMHO. <_<

Couldn't agree more, bro....they have those in ATL....ich!

Please God don't let this be another Buffalo Wild Wings.... PLEASE!!!!! Worst wing chain ever IMHO. <_<

Seriously? Name another wing chain that's worse... (I can't even name another wing chain, period...).

Their wings aren't that big most of the time, but I don't think BW3 (their old name... when they used to sell Beef on Weck) is that bad. Granted I can throw a stone in WNY and hit a better wing place, but I haven't found a better place in Minnesota yet... (The Buffalo Tap is supposed to be good, but I don't think I want to drive 50 minutes each way....).

That said, I still bring home 100-200 wings from Duff's whenever I'm in town -- vacuum seal them and store them for football season. Just did that last week! :devil:

Seriously? Name another wing chain that's worse... (I can't even name another wing chain, period...).

Their wings aren't that big most of the time, but I don't think BW3 (their old name... when they used to sell Beef on Weck) is that bad. Granted I can throw a stone in WNY and hit a better wing place, but I haven't found a better place in Minnesota yet... (The Buffalo Tap is supposed to be good, but I don't think I want to drive 50 minutes each way....).

That said, I still bring home 100-200 wings from Duff's whenever I'm in town -- vacuum seal them and store them for football season. Just did that last week! :D

Goodness... :devil: Guess this west coaster doesn't get it. <_<

Have you ever even been to Buffalo and eaten wings at Duffs (or anywhere, for that matter. Buzzy's is awesome too :D )????

If you did, you'd understand.... ;)

Have you ever even been to Buffalo and eaten wings at Duffs (or anywhere, for that matter. Buzzy's is awesome too :devil: )????

If you did, you'd understand.... :D

I drove through Buffalo on our way up to Niagara Falls. <_< Never had "real" buffalo wings, nope. ;)

And I can't really expose Lana to real wings when she's here in ATL, cause I can't find any that are worth a damn! lol

It is a new chain - sort of. There was a couple of stores in the Cincy area 10-15 years ago and then went black. Group bought the name from the original owner.

There is one near me in Columbus. It like a BW3 with less burgers and stuff. Wings tend to be larger in size than BW3, but the last time I was there they were literally swimming in sauce.

There used to be one here, (Broward County) and you could even get Molson Golden. Sadly they are out of business. However, the Quarterdeck has great wings.

That said, I still bring home 100-200 wings from Duff's whenever I'm in town -- vacuum seal them and store them for football season. Just did that last week! <_<

I don't know Fez, maybe it's the way the local store in the Springs does them, but at least 3 or 4 out of every dozen my son and I get BARELY has any sauce on them. Maybe the manager is a cheap-ass and is only allowing the min-wage line cooks to use a portion of the recomended sauce.

Now I will say, they do have a pretty good selection of sauces, it's just the fact that not all the wings get a decent or ANY amount of sauce on them.

Side note: when I bring my son home to WNY he eats wings at least once a day. He's learned to appreciate a good wing and is becoming a bonafide wing snob. Only uses blue cheese, accepts only crispy wings, wants them drenched in sauce.

I don't know Fez, maybe it's the way the local store in the Springs does them, but at least 3 or 4 out of every dozen my son and I get BARELY has any sauce on them. Maybe the manager is a cheap-ass and is only allowing the min-wage line cooks to use a portion of the recomended sauce.

Now I will say, they do have a pretty good selection of sauces, it's just the fact that not all the wings get a decent or ANY amount of sauce on them.

Side note: when I bring my son home to WNY he eats wings at least once a day. He's learned to appreciate a good wing and is becoming a bonafide wing snob. Only uses blue cheese, accepts only crispy wings, wants them drenched in sauce.

Hmmm, the two that I've been to have had fine sauce coverage. I do usually have to ask them to make sure they're crispy though -- otherwise they're sometimes rather mushy and not very good.

Eating wings at a chain place in Buffalo is like going to a tanning booth in So-Cal to get a tan.

Have you ever even been to Buffalo and eaten wings at Duffs (or anywhere, for that matter. Buzzy's is awesome too ;) )????

If you did, you'd understand.... ;)

Duffs ... mmmm

I haven't had Buzzy's wings lately ... but I love their 'za.

Ever try the Barbeque grilled wings at Goodfellas in the falls?

I drove through Buffalo on our way up to Niagara Falls. :D Never had "real" buffalo wings, nope. ;)

We have good wings in the falls too ...

Never heard of it either...

BWW is not your traditional Buffalo wings but I have had some good times there watching college football all day on a saturday. I kind of like the place.

There is a small chain in NC called Buffalo's Bar and Grill. They have decent wings, as long as you tell them how to cook them. They have the sauce right, but they'll undercook them everytime unless you specifically tell them.

It is a new chain - sort of. There was a couple of stores in the Cincy area 10-15 years ago and then went black. Group bought the name from the original owner.

There is one near me in Columbus. It like a BW3 with less burgers and stuff. Wings tend to be larger in size than BW3, but the last time I was there they were literally swimming in sauce.

I remember that chain - there was 1 in Fairfield, OH, and I knew of 2 others more towards Cincy.

Very good wings - served with blue cheese and celery, and very decent mild-medium-hot sauce. More on the side if you liked.

They also served authentic curly-q fries (from the whole potatoe, skins and all). If you got them to go, they would put them in a double-thick paper sack, which would absorb the excess oil.

You are right about the belly-up dates here. The Fairfield one closed about 15 years ago. The other 2 I knew of, perhaps 10 years ago.

I live in Bexley and have a buddy who lives further out on the east side and have seen the one out there. It peaked my interest and I may have to give it a shot (Although I can still probably do better at the house!).

Hey man, where can I get wings this good in philly??

Actually, you can find good wings in Philly. I wish I could think of a few places to suggest, but it's been too long since I've lived there and I can't remember. If you're ever up in Warrington, there's a place called "Sal's" that has fantastic pizza, cheesesteaks, and wings. :nana:

Not been to this place but finally went to a Buffalo Wild Wings last night (owned their stock for a while but had not eaten there). Nothing special - to me just another sports bar. Food was average - I did not have wings becasuse as wait staff walked by with some as my wife and I were waiting for a table they just did not look appetizing.