Barney Frank the hero

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would also make the penalty for using marijuana in public just $100.

Sorry Dog, he's a complete idiot. What's the point? Explain to me why drinking in public is illegal. I've heard people getting busted for drinking on their front yard. I feel smoking pot in public should be fine too.

Sorry Dog, he's a complete idiot. What's the point? Explain to me why drinking in public is illegal. I've heard people getting busted for drinking on their front yard. I feel smoking pot in public should be fine too.

I don't know but i assume that is all he thinks or knows that he can possibly get through right now. Even though I personally think it should be completely legal, and is way less a problem and hazard than alcohol, I doubt that the complete legalization of pot could get passed.

And it would be a huge difference, even though not a complete overhaul of the laws.

I don't know but i assume that is all he thinks or knows that he can possibly get through right now. Even though I personally think it should be completely legal, and is way less a problem and hazard than alcohol, I doubt that the complete legalization of pot could get passed.

And it would be a huge difference, even though not a complete overhaul of the laws.

I wouldn't be suprised that CA legalizes it in the near future.

I wouldn't be suprised that CA legalizes it in the near future.

It's already legal in California, for all intents and purposes. For $200 you can get a card to buy an ounce a day, in some cases from a vending machine. And getting the card takes nothing more than "I get headaches. Here's $200."

It's already legal in California, for all intents and purposes. For $200 you can get a card to buy an ounce a day, in some cases from a vending machine. And getting the card takes nothing more than "I get headaches. Here's $200."

I've got a buddy who did just that. Now he legally grows his own and all he had to tell the 'Doc' is that he had minor back pain and I forget the other ailment he researched and made up.

I really need a better justification for legalizing pot than $$ and "I wont have to drive to my dealer to get my 1/4 ounce this week."

And those who think that if pot was legal and began being consumed the way alcohol is there wouldnt be the same "problems" as we have with booze are kidding themselves.

The issue isn't "the problems" I think you're referring too. The issue is that alcohol as a drug makes you do things that are WAY worse and way more dangerous to you and anyone near you than pot does.

I really need a better justification for legalizing pot than $$$ and "I wont have to drive to my dealer to get my 1/4 ounce this week."

And those who think that if pot was legal and began being consumed the way alcohol is there wouldnt be the same "problems" as we have with booze are kidding themselves.

Anyone can get pot. Anyone. You. Me. My 13-year-old nephew. My 70-year-old father-in-law. If he put his mind to it, even BF could figure it out. I won't pretend to know what will ultimately happen socially if it's legal, but if you think one of the good things about it being illegal is that most everyone tries to hide it (so people aren't exposed to it), you're wrong. I see people lighting bowls and hitting joints while driving on the freeway. I STILL don't remember the second half of a Stones concert simply for watching the dope get passed around and around and finally, moronically, thinking "Sure, why not?" Hell, we were smoking it in junior high in the freaking 70s.

You're not stopping very much by keeping it illegal, and if you need a better justification than money, just follow the money trail. Show me what it costs to put a kid through the system for getting busted with a couple of Zs, and I'll show you a system that will easily get some breathing room to handle more important matters. Like trying to figure out how many morons can have names that sound like Paris Hilton.

Anyone can get it, and it's as illegal as a San Pedro Lakers fan.

There's a Ron White joke about when he got arrested fot being drunk in public.

I was perfectly happy in the bar until they threw me out

This video contains an audio track that has not been authorized by WMG. The audio has been disabled

:rolleyes::wacko::lol:

I really need a better justification for legalizing pot than $$$ and "I wont have to drive to my dealer to get my 1/4 ounce this week."

Better justification?

How about this?

Or this?

Unless of course you're one of those typical self-professed conservatives who blather on about individual liberties but only really support personal freedoms for people who are exactly like you. :rolleyes:

Getting high is a "right", huh? I hope for your sake "stupid" can also be considered a right. Otherwise, the police is gonna be knockin' on yer door soon.

When is the chocolate & coffee police coming to knock on my door? Both of those are far more addicting than pot (at least to me).

LOLOLOL. Youre kidding, right? Youre posting the Declaration of Independence and US Constitution to substaniate your claim that a drug should be legal?

Getting high is a "right", huh? I hope for your sake "stupid" can also be considered a right. Otherwise, the police is gonna be knockin' on yer door soon.

So you support the criminalization of all analgesics and mood-altering substances and don't believe US citizens should have the right to make their own choices in their own homes?

No beer in your home; it makes you high.

No cold medicine, it makes you sleepy.

No coffee in the morning, it makes you jumpy.

No aspirin in your house, it makes you dull.

Or are you one of those typical self-professed conservatives who blather on about individual liberties but only really support personal freedoms for people who are exactly like you?

Pot's already "criminalized." Now go find in this thread were I gave a personal opinion on whether it should remain illegal or not and then report back. See you never.

I'd say this qualifies as a personal opinion:

No?