Playing NE 1st game gives us best shot of beating them

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though the chances might be slim, I don't think there could be a better week to play them in New England and get it out of the way than in week one. The biggest reason I believe this to be true is there will be no game for Tom Brady where he will be thinking about taking a hit on his knee than the first game with real contact that he plays in. He might be one of the greatest QBs ever, but he is human, so it will be on his mind. Another reason, it is week one, so hopes will be high, and T.O. will still have a positive attitude because they haven't lost yet and Evans hasn't out caught him or out scored him yet-so Edwards will still have some dignity before Owens takes it from him.

No one's mentioned that we won't have Marshawn for that game--advantage Pats*. I knew that we'd open with them as soon as I heard about his suspension--funny how that works. Kind of like the 4 years in a row they got to play us after a bye, many of those years we were considered their closest competition (such as it was) for the title. Funny how we NEVER got to play them after the bye during that period. This year, guess who New England* gets after the bye--Miami. The more things change, you can always count on the NFL front office looking out for certain teams.....

game 1 will be our best shot to win

unfortunately - the real outcome will be that Bellicheat will provide a blue print to exploit our offensive weaknesses for the next 15 games

What is your purpose? To project your miserable life onto others? Congrats, because of your 1

hundreds of worthless posts, you have become the first person I have ever put on ignore.

No one's mentioned that we won't have Marshawn for that game--advantage Pats*. I knew that we'd open with them as soon as I heard about his suspension--funny how that works. Kind of like the 4 years in a row they got to play us after a bye, many of those years we were considered their closest competition (such as it was) for the title. Funny how we NEVER got to play them after the bye during that period. This year, guess who New England* gets after the bye--Miami. The more things change, you can always count on the NFL front office looking out for certain teams.....

Fred Jackson had a 150 rushing yards against them in week 17. Obviously, it hurts to not have Lynch but Jackson/ Rhodes will be fine for a few weeks.

What is your purpose? To project your miserable life onto others? Congrats, because of your 1

hundreds of worthless posts, you have become the first person I have ever put on ignore.

it happens every time we play the Pats

this year will be more problematic since Belicheat will have a full off-season to devote to defensing the Bills.

I'm disturbed to say that I'm obsessing on this game. It's not right to wish ones life away, but I'm living for the opening game.

It's all going to come down to the interior of the offensive line for the Bills. And there's no one on this board that has any idea how that will work out. If Wood and Levitre play to the level of their financial compensation, and if Hangarnter plays like Melvin Fowler - but with a pulse - the Bills could seriously pull this one off in a high-scoring squeaker.

Stop vomiting. I'm serious.

The Bills' defense is NOT going to stop Brady** and the Pats*. Ain't going to happen. But our WR corps is easily one of the top 10 in the league, if not one of the top 5. If the interior of the line holds, and the no-huddle clicks, you'll watch the dawn of the latest version of the Buffalo offense.

Move over K-Gun. This will be the start of "The Polar Express". Mark my words.

"No Way" - David Gilmour

If NE's defense can get pressure on TE and Buffalo's D cannot get pressure on Brady, that will be the key and consequently, the game.

"The memories of a man in his old age are the deeds of a man in his prime" - David Gilmour

Guest dog14787
Fred Jackson had a 150 rushing yards against them in week 17. Obviously, it hurts to not have Lynch but Jackson/ Rhodes will be fine for a few weeks.

I think Action Freddie Jackson may have a little bit of an edge over Marshawn in the passing game and he also seems to have a better knack at making something out of nothing. So depending on our opponent Action Jackson and Dominic Rhodes could be just as hard to defend against, maybe even harder then Marshawn.

I think playing NE first game is our best scenario.

First it will be Brady's first live game in a year. His conditioning and timing will only improve through the season. Also, it takes a while to get over the psychological impact of being injured. Second, Belicheat won't have 09 season game film (except for what he secretly filmed during training camp) to game plan against our new no huddle.

From the Bills perspective, Jauron seems adequate when he has time to prepare and analyze all the imperical evidence etc. He doesn't do as well making geme time and mid season adjustments when things have heated up and you have to rely on gut feel and intuition. (Fast start --> Slow fade)

I just think facing NE first game presents the best opportunity to beat them. A win would be very significant because it will set the tone for the season, give the team confidence they can compete and win against the best, and break the psychological hold NE has over Buffalo due to dominating us the last 10 years.

I agree with the possibility that Brady may be a bit Rusty, this presents the Bills with their only chance for a win. If they fail to pressure Brady or scare him a bit (make him think of the injury) then he will dissect the Bills as usual and we will all be treated to a healthy dose of reality by halftime.

If by adequate gameplanning you mean that he can win 7 games a year against mediocre teams then I would agree, other than that he will never out coach Belichik.

I'd say there are definately advantages for both teams, although I think the Bills have more in this one.

Other than home field, and being considered better, the rest goes to Buffalo. I think the Bills will be more fired up, because I see them wanting more than anything to be considered top notch, and what better chance than N.E., game one, nationally televised? Secondly, I think, offensively, the Bills will go right at the Pats with the running game, right up the middle, where they have been very unsuccessful in the past - and if it works early, it should free up a few big passing plays - quick strikes down field. Of course, if it doesn't work, it could be disheartening, as Jauron hasn't been too good at switching game plans. I also think Brady will have much more trouble in his first few games - if he gets hit and pressured consistently. Again, if we can't get the pressure, I could see him carving us up. But, knowing how he responded against the Giants in the S.B., and considering the injury, I can't see us not coming at him hard and often early. So, we've got more of a new look offense for them to contend with, I'd say more to prove, more desire, and Brady could be a weak spot for them. All specualation, and all could go either way, but I'm feeling better about us playing them first than a few weeks into the season - they're the best team in the NFL at preparation. And - another thing - they've got new coordinators again. That could slow them down some, too.

Of course, on the flip side, I'd also have to say that Bellicheck is looking at this year, with all the contracts coming due next year, and the age of their team, as his best chance in the next few years to take it all - and they must be pretty pissed about blowing that perfect season.

It'll be a hell of a game to watch.

The first game in NE is huge No wait its HUGE.

And I agree it is are best chance to beat them and I'm glad Brady is back so we get to see if we can win in NE against the Pats when everybody is healthy.

and forget moral victories. I want them to WIN it straight up.

At first I thought not as much as you think. But once I digest the thought I completely agree with you. The first 4 weeks of the season are more prone to upsets due to teams being more amped to play and there is less film out to study. well as not knowing who is good and who is bad at that point.

But Bills vs New England, week one can be dangerous territory for an upset. The Bills have a new offense that won't have much if any serious film to study. The Dolphins debuted the wild cat and burnt the Pats for 35 points. The Bills also won't be deflated by a slow start or injuries you know things that get teams down as the season wears on.

Brady will also be a little rusty coming off an injury. Also Jaurons sub par coaching might be compensated by the fact that he won't have to make long term adjustments (which hurt us last year in our down the stretch fade). I am not saying that the Bills will upset the Pats but the game being at the start of the season is only to the Bills advantage.

I think playing NE first game is our best scenario.

First it will be Brady's first live game in a year. His conditioning and timing will only improve through the season. Also, it takes a while to get over the psychological impact of being injured. Second, Belicheat won't have 09 season game film (except for what he secretly filmed during training camp) to game plan against our new no huddle.

From the Bills perspective, Jauron seems adequate when he has time to prepare and analyze all the imperical evidence etc. He doesn't do as well making geme time and mid season adjustments when things have heated up and you have to rely on gut feel and intuition. (Fast start --> Slow fade)

I just think facing NE first game presents the best opportunity to beat them. A win would be very significant because it will set the tone for the season, give the team confidence they can compete and win against the best, and break the psychological hold NE has over Buffalo due to dominating us the last 10 years.

Please send me some of whatever you have been drinking. We have gone a decade without a quality offensive line and now we are starting all over again. Not one player will be in the position he played last year, including the draftees. We will be treated to the "When the Oline gets Enough Time Together I Think They Will be Fine" song from Jauron all preseason. Then we will get crushed in game 1 and the song will be "But They're Improving." I wish it weren't reality, but it is.

Please send me some of whatever you have been drinking. We have gone a decade without a quality offensive line and now we are starting all over again. Not one player will be in the position he played last year, including the draftees. We will be treated to the "When the Oline gets Enough Time Together I Think They Will be Fine" song from Jauron all preseason. Then we will get crushed in game 1 and the song will be "But They're Improving." I wish it weren't reality, but it is.

Maybe I've been drinking the kool aid too long as well, but I just don't think we'll get crushed in this game. I really feel, along with many others, that our best shot to beat New England will be in game one. I think the value of having TO in the locker room, not to mention on the field, will get other guys really revved up. You know for a fact he's going to bring his A game, and I do think Brady will be a little rusty. I go into that game with a full heap of faith that Buffalo can pull off the upset...

There were a ton of questionable calls in that game, from the no offsides called on the play before JP got sacked in the end zone (when the Pats* defender was two steps into our backfield at the snap--I've got TIVO and watched that one over and over) to the "inadvertent whistle" when Clements was heading to the end zone a pick of Brady. That was one of the "worst" (and I use that pejoratively, because I personally suspect that it may have been more than "poor" officiating) officiated games I've ever seen.....

It was actually Whitner, not Clements, but point taken.

I say we defeat NE once this year and it will come later in the season at Buffalo. The talent is present on this Bills squad, but they will need some wins to develop enough swagger and confidence to defeat a team like NE and that won't be there week #1 IMO. I hope I'm wrong, but unless Maybin sends Brady off with a concussion (please, please, please let that happen), then I see a NE win week #1.

The first game in NE is huge No wait its HUGE.

And I agree it is are best chance to beat them and I'm glad Brady is back so we get to see if we can win in NE against the Pats when everybody is healthy.

and forget moral victories. I want them to WIN it straight up.

How many games have we lost in a row to NE? I'll take ANY victory over this team -- Brady or no Brady.

If NE's defense can get pressure on TE and Buffalo's D cannot get pressure on Brady, that will be the key and consequently, the game.

"The memories of a man in his old age are the deeds of a man in his prime" - David Gilmour

Sounds like we're on the same page, just reading from different directions. If the interior of the Bills' offensive line holds, New England WON'T get pressure on Edwards. Oddly enough, I'm confident enough in our tackles (probably fodder for another thread in its own right).

Can the Bills get pressure on Brady? If I knew that, I wouldn't be posting on an idiotic fan board. I'd be on the beach in Trinidad, and wouldn't be at all concerned that my pickup lines aren't working on the dim-witted hottie for whom I'm buying drinks this particular evening - because my grossly-enlarged wallet wouid be of greater interest to her than my grossly enlarged......oh, wait a minute. This is a family show, isn't it?

Sorry, I digress. But the point is that I personally DON'T believe the Bills CAN put adequate pressure on Brady. I've never been a fan Aaron Schobel, and I'm really sceptical post-injury. Is this guy REALLY going to be able to cut it? Man, I hope so. Is Maybin going to be force for four downs per quarter? Man, I hope so. But I doubt it. Which makes me think that New England is going to put the requisite points on the board.

It's going to be a track meet.

Here's a broad-based question. Does the New England running attack worry you? What the hell happened to Maroney? I have to say that he really impressed me about 2 years ago. Truly. And then.....poof. Did he get injured? Or was it crack or a bad girlfriend?

"Beautiful Boy" - John Lennon (and real loud, too)