Ravens release Drew Willy

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/18/...gn-two-cut-two/

Meanwhile, the Ravens also cut defensive backs Anwar Phillips and David Jones, quarterback Drew Willy and outside linebacker-defensive end Luis Vasquez. Undrafted linebacker Tony Fein, who tried out earlier this week at the team’s rookie minicamp, was signed to a free agent contract.

with a WR named Fagg

I'll never forget the time I was watching a Florida State game a few years ago when the announcer said something along the lines of: "And DeCody Fagg walks into the end zone for a touchdown! And that's all we'll really say about that."

Willy was a goner when Cameron brought his pet poodle John Beck from Miami. Drew, you picked badly when you signed with Baltimore. The Bills seem to be looking for a 4th QB. Why not invite Drew to camp?

PTR

It's more likely that the Bills had no interest in Willy.

“I'm aware of Drew because I'm a big supporter of UB Football. Drew is a very tough guy, hard working guy, loves the game, studies the game. He's very, very into football. It's important to him. I wouldn't say we're set at quarterback. Every position is competitive. Whether you have Jim Kelly or Bruce Smith, if there is a better player that can take those jobs from those guys, then God bless us, we've got a heck of a football team in the making.”

Dick Jauron when asked if former UB quarterback Drew Willy is on the team's radar screen.

“I'm aware of Drew because I'm a big supporter of UB Football. Drew is a very tough guy, hard working guy, loves the game, studies the game. He's very, very into football. It's important to him. I wouldn't say we're set at quarterback. Every position is competitive. Whether you have Jim Kelly or Bruce Smith, if there is a better player that can take those jobs from those guys, then God bless us, we've got a heck of a football team in the making.”

Dick Jauron when asked if former UB quarterback Drew Willy is on the team's radar screen.

Does that mean he likes him or doesn't? :rolleyes:

PTR

So you actually took the time to navigate away from TBD to look up where Drew Willy's home town was, just so you could come back to say that? :doh:

Actually, I remembered it from the last time I took the time to navigate away from TBD to look up where Drew Willy's home town was just so I could come back to say that. :doh: