Notable Free Agents Left

Numark

I am not sure if all these players are still available, but to the best of my knowledge, here is a list of notable free agents left. Feel free to add players I forgot or correct me. :wallbash:

Quaterbacks

JP Losman

Michael Vick

Runningbacks

Warrick Dunn

Edgerrin James

Deuce Mcallister

Ahman Green

Wide Receivers

Plaxico Buress

Amani Toomer

Matt Jones

Ike Hilliard

Marvin Harrison

Tackles

Levi Jones

Jon Runyan

Guards & Centers

Kendall Simmons

Pete Kendall

Defensive Ends

?

Defensive Tackles

?

Linebackers

Boss Bailey

Donnie Edwards

Derrick Brooks

Defensive Backs

Adam Jones

Chris McCalister

Lawyer Milloy

I am not sure if all these players are still available, but to the best of my knowledge, here is a list of notable free agents left. Feel free to add players I forgot or correct me. :wallbash:

Quaterbacks

JP Losman

Michael Vick

Runningbacks

Warrick Dunn

Edgerrin James

Deuce Mcallister

Ahman Green

Wide Receivers

Plaxico Buress

Amani Toomer

Matt Jones

Ike Hilliard

Tackles

Levi Jones

Jon Runyan

Guards & Centers

Kendall Simmons

Pete Kendall

Defensive Ends

?

Defensive Tackles

?

Linebackers

Boss Bailey

Donnie Edwards

Derrick Brooks

Defensive Backs

Adam Jones

Chris McCalister

Lawyer Milloy

Come on Russ ... git er done ... sign 'em all!!!

Well I am really surprised that Jon Runyon is still out there. If I were a team like the Lions, Bengals, and Chiefs I would want this guy he isn't quite the mauler he once was but still an effective player. He should be employed if he wants to play unless he is asking for too much. Pete Kendell is another guy that could help out a few of the lesser o-lines in the league.

Another guy I am surprised hasn't found work is Toomer I watched him on the Giants and as a slot receiver he is still able to help out a team pick up a few key first downs and pile up 40-60 catches and 4-6 TD's. A team like the Bears or Jets could use him.

As for the rest of the list you have two guys with talent ones a headcase in Burris and Vick could be facing a long suspension and is a big distraction for most. If I was the Bears I would add Burris even if he gets a suspension due to the fact that the Bears so desperately need a WR for Cutler to throw to ;also Toomer or even Marvin Harrison wouldn't be a bad pick up for them. The rest have age or injury concerns which is why they don't have an employer.

The market is fairly full right now in that there are in fact multiple name players available at many positions. These name players are not panicking for the most part right now as teams appear to be waiting until just before pre-season starts before they part with big bucks.

Things will begin to get interesting as a few of these FAs sign and leave only a few opportunities out there to sign folks. Spinkle in a few season ending or delaying injuries which will begin to occur when pre-season starts and an interesting game of negotiating chicken begins.

Most teams have loaded up with potential players in the draft and from UDFAs and as coaches begin to assess the reality of seeing these players play (if they show like a number of Bills UDFAs have in the past few years these teams will not go the FA route but if they show up out of shape or surprisingly bad then a big contract offer becomes more likely,

We will see.

I would've rather had Dunn than Rhodes personally and am surprised that none of the "warm weather" or "dome" teams have signed him yet. He was still effective last season for Tampa, even in a diminished role. Marvin Harrison is also still a FA, right? I'm also surprised that Chris McCalister hasn't gotten a contract from someone as of yet. There are still a few teams that could use a solid veteran CB. I think he'd be a good fit for Denver or KC.

I would've rather had Dunn than Rhodes personally and am surprised that none of the "warm weather" or "dome" teams have signed him yet. He was still effective last season for Tampa, even in a diminished role. Marvin Harrison is also still a FA, right? I'm also surprised that Chris McCalister hasn't gotten a contract from someone as of yet. There are still a few teams that could use a solid veteran CB. I think he'd be a good fit for Denver or KC.

I like Rhodes better he has some breakaway potential that I think Dunn lacks.

Well I am really surprised that Jon Runyon is still out there. If I were a team like the Lions, Bengals, and Chiefs I would want this guy he isn't quite the mauler he once was but still an effective player. He should be employed if he wants to play unless he is asking for too much. Pete Kendell is another guy that could help out a few of the lesser o-lines in the league.

and the Bills?

and the Bills?

So, let's see ... no one wants to give a contract to an old offensive tackle who has a collection of injury issues and has trouble even moving around much less playing football? Can't figure that one out ...

Runyan will make a great line coach but his playing days are long gone ...

I just want to say that last night I had a dream I went to a massive movie theater inside RWS to watch the Chiefs beat the Dolphins 96-64.

My question is whether the key to this win was whether the Dolphins lost because either they could make the three point shot or because they kept missing free throws.

My question is whether the key to this win was whether the Dolphins lost because either they could make the three point shot or because they kept missing free throws.

Not sure. I all I remember was that the Chiefs were playing at home and there were literally thousands of Bills fans in this gigantic theater watching the game. There was a bar in the back, too! As a previous poster stated, I gotta stop eating before bed.

LP Losman is only notable in Buffalo. No other NFL city would care.

Well he is a guy with around 30 NFL starts. As well as mobility and arm strength two things that every team wants and the things he lacks accuracy and good decision making are things many feel are correctable. So he and Vick are the best options out there at QB as well as the biggest names.