Anybody Been To Foxborough?

My girlfriend is buying me tickets to the season opener in Foxborough for our Anniversary.

Basically, I want to know is if I will get beaten up / gang raped by the Pats* fans, and if there is a strong contingent of Bills fans there.

* as a side note, my girlfriend will be safe, as she's a Pats* fan. She loves Tommie boy, and I hate myself every day for it.

I've been to games at Foxhole for years; in the old stadium and new.

If you keep to your self and not be obnoxious; Pat fans will leave you alone.

Also, if your GF is a Pats fan you'll be fine. One other thing to note: Patriot colors are similar to Bills - so we blend in well.

I'll be at the game, too.

go bills

My girlfriend is buying me tickets to the season opener in Foxborough for our Anniversary.

Basically, I want to know is if I will get beaten up / gang raped by the Pats* fans, and if there is a strong contingent of Bills fans there.

* as a side note, my girlfriend will be safe, as she's a Pats* fan. She loves Tommie boy, and I hate myself every day for it.

Your girlfriend is Mr. WEO?

I've been to games at Foxhole for years; in the old stadium and new.

If you keep to your self and not be obnoxious; Pat fans will leave you alone.

Also, if your GF is a Pats fan you'll be fine. One other thing to note: Patriot colors are similar to Bills - so we blend in well.

I'll be at the game, too.

go bills

Thanks a lot. I'll be sure to behave... maybe... haha.

Dude...a pats fan?

Basically, I want to know is if I will get beaten up...

How big a boy are ya?

Basically, I want to know is if I will get gang raped by the Pats* fans

Probably

Might I add, if your screenname is the "pet name" your Pats girlfriend gave you because she thinks it is cute, please delete your account and never post here again.

Dude...a pats fan?

How big a boy are ya?

Probably

Might I add, if your screenname is the "pet name" your Pats girlfriend gave you because she thinks it is cute, please delete your account and never post here again.

Yes, a pats* fan. Big enough. And I've had this screenname since I was 12. It has nothing to do with my penis.

Security is pretty tight at Gillette. You won't get any crap in the stadium. Parking lots could be another matter. Be low-key, especially if the Bills somehow win. Oh yeah, make sure you empty your bank account before going. Everything costs about 3X more than at RWS.

PTR

I'm thinking about going to that game as well. I have a bunch of friends in Boston that are Bills' fans. I was there last year for the Bills-Pats game in NE but instead of anger, I just got pity wearing my Andre Reed jersey. Some comments: "Oh I like your team and they way they'll play." "They are my 2nd favorite AFC East team." "I hope you guys turn it around because you have great fans."

In a sick way, I would have rather had them try and fight me than just get pitied. But alas, that is result of being NE's female dog for years. :devil:

Guest three3

you'll be ok. pats* fans get rowdy and very drunk but the seats there are so expensive that the type of people who would physically assault you are usually priced out. i understand the animosity towards the patriots* but sports fans in the boston area are usually good peoples

So basically, to take away from all this...

I'll be fine in the stadium because of the security, but once I get out in the parking lot, don't draw attention to myself.

Haha good to know...because I've been to a few Jets games in the Meadowlands, and I'm always one of the incredibly obnoxious Bills fans. Jests fans are incredibly docile and quiet that I can basically do whatever I want all the time, and they don't give a crap.

Thanks guys.

I went a few years back and had a good time. The fans were not bad really. Plenty of fellow Bills fans. J.P and Poluzny went down in that game. But, I did not even have a seat, they sell tickets where you can only stand. After that game, my back was killing me (yes, I'm old). Took the train in from Boston, it goes right to the stadium, pretty cool.

I had a great time in Boston, the city is really cool. Great city for walking and public transportation. You can see lots of cool historic stuff just walking. I got the 'T' pass and it got me everywhere I wanted to go, BUT, the train to the stadium was it's own seperate ticket. I recomend buying it the day before to beat the crowds. But, it may be different considering it is a night game. I made a nice 3 day weekend of it. Stayted in a B&B near Fanielle Hall?????, I know I just butchered the name of the place, but it is a cool central area, close to the water front.

Cool city, and I would go again in a heart beat.

Pictures.......please!

Sorry, those are for me only :devil:

But on a side note, anybody know of an easy way to get there from NYC? I'm gonna probably have to take a half-day off from work, but I don't want to take any more days than I have to. That next morning is going to be bad though...that's for sure.

Sorry, those are for me only :devil:

But on a side note, anybody know of an easy way to get there from NYC? I'm gonna probably have to take a half-day off from work, but I don't want to take any more days than I have to. That next morning is going to be bad though...that's for sure.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRING ON THE PICS!!!!!!

Your girlfriend better be hot to put up with that. LOL

Sorry, those are for me only :lol:

:devil:

But on a side note, anybody know of an easy way to get there from NYC?

Drive. 3 hours straight up I-95. But be sure to avoid evening rush hour through Fairfield County, New Haven and Providence.

Drive. 3 hours straight up I-95. But be sure to avoid evening rush hour through Fairfield County, New Haven and Providence.

No car :devil:

Most people from the city don't.

And I would prefer to not spend $150 renting a car from the city, if possible. Already did that once, and it hurt.

No car :lol:

And I would prefer to not spend $150 renting a car from the city, if possible. Already did that once, and it hurt.

So you're not sure how to behave at Gillette Stadium, you don't want to take any time off from work to attend an out-of-town night game, you don't know how to get yourself from NYC to Foxboro, and you don't want to spend much money...maybe you should just sell the tickets and watch the game on TV? :devil:

So you're not sure how to behave at Gillette Stadium, you don't want to take any time off from work to attend an out-of-town night game, you don't know how to get yourself from NYC to Foxboro, and you don't want to spend much money...maybe you should just sell the tickets and watch the game on TV? :devil:

Well that's why I'm asking around here. I AM taking time off from work, probably a half day, to get to Gillette. Just not the day after most likely. And about how to get to Foxboro, I was referring more to public transportation, like a Bus or Train. And I think we would all want to be as economical as possible for anything nowadays, wouldn't you? I mean, if I can spend $50 for a bus instead of $150 for a car, I'd be a happy man.

Well that's why I'm asking around here. I AM taking time off from work, probably a half day, to get to Gillette. Just not the day after most likely. And about how to get to Foxboro, I was referring more to public transportation, like a Bus or Train. And I think we would all want to be as economical as possible for anything nowadays, wouldn't you? I mean, if I can spend $50 for a bus instead of $150 for a car, I'd be a happy man.

Bolt Bus

Mega Bus

No car :wallbash:

Waddya mean? Everyone's got a car in the city. That's what Hell's Kitchen is for: parking.

As for car rental; check out the rates in Stamford. Rental cars are right at the Metro North stop; 40 minutes non-stop from GCT.

If you don't mind sitting next to a chicken, the Fung Wah bus runs from Chinatown to Boston for pretty cheap. Don't know if they stop in FB but you could probably bribe the driver for $5. Plus, it's better than even money that they won't roll the bus over on the trip, so you gotta like those odds.

Not sure you're going to find any public transportation at 1am after the game though, but I like the moxie in thinking you will be at work the next day. Reminds me of Game 7 of the ALCS a couple years ago in Fenway. My brother and I got completely sh-- faced at the game and I crashed on his couch. Woke up at 7am and had to drive 2.5 hrs home for a 10am conference call. Good times.