Anyone still believe McGahee not 100% yet?

I'd be interested to hear reasons why McGahee is not 100% yet. He has looked sensational, and is showing a burst through holes and outside and speed as good as anyone in the league.

Next season a backup RB will be a high priority after we trade Henry, I would like McGahee to get an average of 25 carries a game, not 35+.

I will say that I believe he is not 100% yet simply because I think it is conventional wisdom that these types of injuries take more time to heal completely. Having said that, I am VERY excited about the prospect of him getting even better :D:huh::huh:

And about the backup RB thing, I totally agree. However, we will never sign a backup as good as Travis Henry so I think he should be getting some more carries now. Id feel better about giving Wills 25-27 and Henry 7-12 than I would trusting another backup next year.

But it is HARD to take the ball out of McGahee's hands when he has brought so much excitement.

I will say that I believe he is not 100% yet simply because I think it is conventional wisdom that these types of injuries take more time to heal completely. Having said that, I am VERY excited about the prospect of him getting even better

106353[/snapback]

Me too. I think he has an extra gear, but I don't think we'll see it all at once. I think by the time week 13 rolls around, we'll all be blown away by his improvement over the season.

i think Willis is well on his way, but i want to see 1 last thing (my friend brought this up today and its a valid point)...

I wanna see how he runs in the 10 degree weather in late december...hey, the guy's great, i just hope the cold dont get to the Miami boy tho :D

other than that you are the man willis...

Takes two years to bounce back from that injury...thats the scary part, we STILL havent seen him at his best  :blush:

106641[/snapback]

Not as a Bill.

As a Hurricane, Willis was a man among boys. He was Michael Jordan in his prime. He made everyone else on the field look like they were wearing cement overshoes. He'd cut back against the grain at top speed and simply vanish in a vapor trail.

If he gets back to that... you'll be screaming "Go Willis go!" damn often. :blink:

Me too.  I think he has an extra gear, but I don't think we'll see it all at once.  I think by the time week 13 rolls around, we'll all be blown away by his improvement over the season.

106365[/snapback]

I'm not so sure about this. Not that he doesn't have an extra gear, I think he probably does. What I think is going to happen is he's going to wear down by week 13. Rookies generally do having never played that much football before, and he's in an even worse boat having not played in over a year before this year. This is why I'd like to see him only get 20-25 carries a game and give the rest to Henry. We need Willis to be fresh the entire season.

Not that a knee injury is ever good for a RB, but one of the benefits of Willis' injury seems to be that since he couldn't run he worked the weights like a madman for a full year and is much stronger in the upper body as well as in the legs than he was in college. He showed power in college but I don't believe like he is showing now. He certainly has his football instincts back 100% and is making mostly excellent running decisions. I love the way he slides and looks for the hole and makes quick decisions. He really could be a tremendous player if he gets the speed back, and I think he will.