This guy deserves to be in the hall

seq004

That entire offense played fast. You don't realize how good they really were until you pull out an old tape/DVD and compare it to what we've been watching for the last decade.

Sad .... isn't it. With FA we are likely to never again see a team that has as many HOFer's on it at one time. While I believe Andre will get in Tasker is a stretch choice to make it also (I would argue that Tasker should be a lock). So as many as 7 people (includes Levy) may make it in from that era. While not HOF candidates think about the additional talent on those teams. It still seems bizzare that they did not win the SB.

People forget that Reed was 6-2. Although he didn't look it, his height played an important part of his value near the goal line. This is one of the things the Bills have been sorely lacking with J. Reed, Evans and Parrish all at 5-10. The last "tall" receiver we had was Moulds and he played well in the red zone. Hopefully between Owens (6-3) and Johnson (6-2), our redzone woes will be solved.

Sad .... isn't it. With FA we are likely to never again see a team that has as many HOFer's on it at one time. While I believe Andre will get in Tasker is a stretch choice to make it also (I would argue that Tasker should be a lock). So as many as 7 people (includes Levy) may make it in from that era. While not HOF candidates think about the additional talent on those teams. It still seems bizzare that they did not win the SB.

As un-homer as I can be -admittedly not very good-, I was conviced back then that even more players from that era would be enshined:

Bennett. Was a lock IMO, untill he opted for greener pastures in Atlanta. Though he was a force on their SB team and still played well with Indy, he fell from national prominence after playing here. His Pro bowls and exceptional speed still may get him there in the years to come.

Tasker. That he isn't already in is a major black eye for the NFL/Pro Footabll HOF.

Wolford. K-Gun/4 wides put an enormous onus on him. It couldn't have worked without Kelly being able to set his feet. Polian 'shiestered' the new FA rules to steal him away, and his career play will put 2 QB's in the Hall.

Hull. Not enough P-B's for serious contention, but ANYONE who knew this team, knew his excellence was necessary for success. He was snubbed for Hawaii many times by the good-ole-boy voting system. Rueben Brown's 7 PB's?? Nonsense!

Marchibroda. A well documented career, the courage he had to re-define an NFL offense that couldn't be stopped for 4-5 years -until the league mandated changes to derail it, defines the premise for HOF credentials. What more could he do??

Honorable mention to Shane Conlan, Nate Odomes and 'House' Ballard whose careers were cut short by injury AFTER bailing on the Super Bills. Also Daryl Talley. No player since has done more with pure guts and determination. He and Hanson are erroneously assumed to have been helped immeasureably by Bruce Smith, when they were stalwarts by themselves.

Thanks, I needed that...Reed is one of the most underrated, and under appreciated Bills players of all time...even amongst Bills fans...

BTW- if you look at the first few td's in the first part, with Vince Ferragamo at QB, you will notice, the hideous road uniforms the Bills wear now, are almost identical, minus the 16 shades of blue/gray and the shoulders...good times!

Really??

WOW!! That brings back some great memories. I think I was there for nearly all of the home TD's and a bunch of the road ones too. (left Buffalo in '96) Great times. Amazing arm on that #12 guy. I think we tend to forget just how amazing they were after watching the crap we've been burdened with for the last decade and especially the last few years.

I wonder if the current coaching staff even has a play in the playbook that calls for a WR to run a slant or post into the middle like Reed and Kelly made a living doing? I guess you need a QB with an arm to make the throw but even the short dumps into the middle can be made with even Edward's arm.

Really??

The last two years, when he his name has come up as a possible HOF inductee, people have come out of the woodwork, here, on this forum, to fill us in on why he doesn't belong...most of it has nothing to do with football, normally just pointing out what a "prima donna" he was at the end of his career...

The last two years, when he his name has come up as a possible HOF inductee, people have come out of the woodwork, here, on this forum, to fill us in on why he doesn't belong...most of it has nothing to do with football, normally just pointing out what a "prima donna" he was at the end of his career...

I just don't believe he was underrated or is under appreciated by most real Bills fans.

I sure hope he makes it. part 2 Andre Reed part 3

:doh::lol:

Thank you so much for that!! Brings back memories of how the Bills just shredded the D's to death. I remember just laughing hysterically as Reed, Thomas, Kelly and so many others made the opposing teams look like high schoolers. The catch Reed makes in the endzone jumping over a Fader was awesome. I wish they had left in the slow mo replays of those catches.

Evans has the speed/shiftiness to play like that!

Evans and Reed are good friends. According to Evans Reed will text him during the game.

When they were at their best, they dictated everything with that offense...some of those passes Kelly made to Reed, he had no business throwing, but you can see that the ball isn't going to go anywhere but Reed's hands...what a fastball that Kelly kid had! What a difference confidence can make, all the way around...

No sane QB would have ever made a lot of those throws but when you have a receiver on the field that plays like that it's a no brainer to throw them.

Reed was a mid 4.5 runner he just had more will and desire than most and was fast in pads. One of the best ever and truly under-rated.

He's one of those guys who has "football speed". His 40 off the field isn't that impressive but in a game he probably ran a 4.3. It would be cool to go back and time some of those long runs he made and figure out his game speed.

As un-homer as I can be -admittedly not very good-, I was conviced back then that even more players from that era would be enshined:

Bennett. Was a lock IMO, untill he opted for greener pastures in Atlanta. Though he was a force on their SB team and still played well with Indy, he fell from national prominence after playing here. His Pro bowls and exceptional speed still may get him there in the years to come.

Tasker. That he isn't already in is a major black eye for the NFL/Pro Footabll HOF.

Wolford. K-Gun/4 wides put an enormous onus on him. It couldn't have worked without Kelly being able to set his feet. Polian 'shiestered' the new FA rules to steal him away, and his career play will put 2 QB's in the Hall.

Hull. Not enough P-B's for serious contention, but ANYONE who knew this team, knew his excellence was necessary for success. He was snubbed for Hawaii many times by the good-ole-boy voting system. Rueben Brown's 7 PB's?? Nonsense!

Marchibroda. A well documented career, the courage he had to re-define an NFL offense that couldn't be stopped for 4-5 years -until the league mandated changes to derail it, defines the premise for HOF credentials. What more could he do??

Honorable mention to Shane Conlan, Nate Odomes and 'House' Ballard whose careers were cut short by injury AFTER bailing on the Super Bills. Also Daryl Talley. No player since has done more with pure guts and determination. He and Hanson are erroneously assumed to have been helped immeasureably by Bruce Smith, when they were stalwarts by themselves.

:lol: :lol:

I just don't believe he was underrated or is under appreciated by most real Bills fans.

So, either you don't think he belongs in the HOF, or you think that many of the folks that post here are not "real Bills fans?"

Either way, I think it is nuts that anyone has any doubts that he belongs there.... :doh:

So, either you don't think he belongs in the HOF, or you think that many of the folks that post here are not "real Bills fans?"

Either way, I think it is nuts that anyone has any doubts that he belongs there.... :doh:

Not sure where you are getting this from. I think he was a great WR and belongs in the Hall.

He's one of those guys who has "football speed". His 40 off the field isn't that impressive but in a game he probably ran a 4.3. It would be cool to go back and time some of those long runs he made and figure out his game speed.

Not in pads he didn't...