Rumor: Marshawn slammed by a cop Saturday night downtown

I believe somehow threads like this breeds ignorance and stupidity that already infiltrates the minds of the majority of Americans. Not to mention compulsive over-generalizations on things such as Donte Whitner and Terrell Owens twitter and facebook pages.

If 90% of the world doesn't have it, then why do they call it common sense?

Not very common, is it?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, we should rename the offseason "Grammar Season". Seriously, you could spend all offseason correcting people's grammar. It is amazing the number of people who can't demonstrate an 8th grade understanding of the english language.

Grammar season sucks.

dont get so worked up, bud. no one got "slammed" (not even marshawn).

the point was that the minor grammar lesson was more interesting and reliable than the original thread topic. and plenty of people get lit up for posting stupid stuff. im just tired of commenting on the latest untrue rumor, so i did a little community service and pointed out some simple mistakes.

sorry you got your feelings hurt. cry about it?

again, welcome to the armpit of the offseason.

Not intentionally, I'm still trying to figure it out. Plus, I feel uncomfortable about doing something people refer to as "tweeting".

Hahaha. Yeah, there has to be a better name for that. Call 'em updates, same as Facebook, I guess -- and some of the ones I've read make FB updates look like doctoral dissertations. Gotta say it was kind of neat to read a real-time conversation between Peter King and Chris Mortensen on there this morning, though.

By the by ... for any of the Tweety crowd, http://twitter.com/salmaiorana is desperately seeking followers.

Hahaha. Yeah, there has to be a better name for that. Call 'em updates, same as Facebook, I guess -- and some of the ones I've read make FB updates look like doctoral dissertations. Gotta say it was kind of neat to read a real-time conversation between Peter King and Chris Mortensen on there this morning, though.

By the by ... for any of the Tweety crowd, http://twitter.com/salmaiorana is desperately seeking followers.

Why would I want to Twitter with someone named after a type of food poisoning?

FWIW Marshawn was at the bayou saturday night, (confirmed by my own eyes) at Pat kaleta's birthday party. I work there, and was walking through the door early in the night when I bumped into a big guy with dreads and a black and white checkered shirt. The guy turned around and it so happened to be marshawn. I cant confirm that he was involved in anything with the police though.

FWIW Marshawn was at the bayou saturday night, (confirmed by my own eyes) at Pat kaleta's birthday party. I work there, and was walking through the door early in the night when I bumped into a big guy with dreads and a black and white checkered shirt. The guy turned around and it so happened to be marshawn. I cant confirm that he was involved in anything with the police though.

So you slammed into him then? This is getting interesting.

I wouldn't be suprised if Marshawn and Kaleta were in some sort of fight club together. Never seen two athletes who seem to delight in taking/doling out big hits like these two.

No, but your description of what he was wearing does matches the original poster's.

I just got a text message from a friend of mine that said marshawn was slammed by a cop saturday night in downtown buffalo. he said his friend who is a cop told him. I pray this isnt true, but i saw marshawn twice that night downtown so i know he was at least there. Let's hope this is a load of sh*t

And if this is a load of sh*t, so is your friend and his friend. Nice thread. :lol:

Grant it i haven't posted much , but i heard it from a friend and considering i saw him in the exact place that night, i thought i would open it up to see if anyone else heard it. I myself don't believe it's true, but i wanted to test it's validity by seeing if anyone else had some info. It's funny how you get burned at the stake for posting rumors on this site when 95% of the offseason stuff posted here is just that, or even worse completely unrelated to the bills or the nfl in general (prime example being Lv-Bills past post titled "Holy Schitt Ball State, my Lady Cards beat Tennessee") I'd rather read speculative nonsense about the Bills over factual trash about women's college basketball any day of the week.

It's also precisely why mine, I believe, was on Off The Wall. This however.....

I wouldn't be suprised if Marshawn and Kaleta were in some sort of fight club together. Never seen two athletes who seem to delight in taking/doling out big hits like these two.

You obviously haven't seen Kaleta fight.....actually, nobody has!!! :lol: (relax, I love the guy, but seriously, can he fight? Please? Just once? And slamming someone to the ice doesn't count, although cool and bloody...)

are we correcting incorrect use of apostrophes also ?

"Well Marshawn was at OTA"s today and the last time he was arrested in Buffalo it was in the paper's the next day."

all I'll add to this BS thread is a minor grammar lesson

would've, as in would have. not "would of", those words dont even work together.

should've, as in should have. see above...

welcome to armpit of the offseason

I believe you. I said in a thread a while back that the cops have had it with Lynch. He keeps going downtown and creating a hassle. To hear that this happened is not a surprise. If he wasn't arrested, it is only a matter of time. He almost started a gang riot from what I was told. This was a few months back.

Funny you should say that, as I've been hearing the same thing about the police in the southtowns (Hamburg specifically) from several different people.

Again, just rumors, but there does seem to be a lot of smoke if not fire when it comes to ML. Then again, maybe it's just from the blunts. :(

Guest dog14787

Now Lynch is on the side lines while Action Freddie Jackson takes the snaps with the first team.

Can anyone shed any light on this subject?