I think the Bills might have the best offense in the league..

You had the 25th ranked O in the NFL last. You have added a 35-36 yr old, skills diminishing, cancer causing WR / you have added a rookie 4th round TE who may or may not start / you have an OL where not a single player is playing where they were last year / and you have a QB that has proven (to this point) to be closer to JP Losman than Jim Kelly. Please explain how this offense is supposed to be so impressive.

cold hard facts... :lol: however...if you take just half of Owen's avg production over the last 3 yrs, and add ti to the #2 WR spot which has been absolute sheet for us of late, it'll do wonders for the Offense.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It falls squarely on the O Line and I really don't like it to be honest.

I don't dislike the o line but it does worry me becuase of the inexperiance that it has.like Levy always said the best rookies are last years rookies and I think that is true.

cold hard facts... :lol: however...if you take just half of Owen's avg production over the last 3 yrs, and add ti to the #2 WR spot which has been absolute sheet for us of late, it'll do wonders for the Offense.

As long as the Bills have a below avg QB and a below avg OL, they are going to be a below avg offense. I don't see how either of these positions have improved.

As long as the Bills have a below avg QB and a below avg OL, they are going to be a below avg offense. I don't see how either of these positions have improved.

Above average videotaping maybe?

Guest dog14787
I was breaking it down and looked at it pretty objectively and thought AZ was a close second to us but they do not have the depth at RB like us past Hightower. AZ also has a aged QB in Warner and Trent reminds me of a much younger version of him (Quick thinking / better release time). AZ Wr's are equal to T.O. & Evans in many ways Stat wise as well.

If the line plays hard in the trenches this year / we get a true no huddle dialed in tight, we've got ourselves a multitude of points. I really think that we have our best chance to score ever, that includes the K-gun offenses as well.

Get your popcorn ready.

The Holy Trent will guide us. :lol:

Best is a big word , but I share your enthusiasm SKOOB, on paper we look really good at the skilled positions and with our TE position also showing signs of potential now, I'm excited. I keep hearing that T.O. is only one player, but he is the top scoring WR in the NFL.

T.O.'s big and he's fast, and he's one bad ass hombre, so that's right, get your popcorn ready folks and get ready for some fireworks.

Coming soon :lol:

The Holy Trent will guide us. :lol:

Best is a big word , but I share your enthusiasm SKOOB, on paper we look really good at the skilled positions and with our TE position also showing signs of potential now, I'm excited. I keep hearing that T.O. is only one player, but he is the top scoring WR in the NFL.

T.O.'s big and he's fast, and he's one bad ass hombre, so that's right, get your popcorn ready folks and get ready for some fireworks.

Coming soon :lol:

My dog!! :lol:

I was breaking it down and looked at it pretty objectively and thought AZ was a close second to us but they do not have the depth at RB like us past Hightower. AZ also has a aged QB in Warner and Trent reminds me of a much younger version of him (Quick thinking / better release time). AZ Wr's are equal to T.O. & Evans in many ways Stat wise as well.

If the line plays hard in the trenches this year / we get a true no huddle dialed in tight, we've got ourselves a multitude of points. I really think that we have our best chance to score ever, that includes the K-gun offenses as well.

Get your popcorn ready.

The problem is, it is a poor comparison....The Bills play in the rugged AFC East, with great 3-4 defenses.....The Cardinals limped to a 8-8 finish in the softest division in football the NFC West...The Bills will never have that kind of prolific offense due to the opponents and the weather in Buffalo.

I hope we can be compared more to the Super Bowl Champions the Steelers....Good QB, Good WRs and Good RBs...They had a very average OL last year, but the QB and the great defense willed their team to a championship.

The success of our offense will hinge on the O-line throughout the year. If it plays to perfection, and we can run the ball good and have protection to pass, then the question will be on our O.C.'s shoulders - can he put together game plans that will allow our offense to succeed - against some very tough defenses. We've got a nasty schedule against defenses - just in our division alone! It could be the case, at the end of the year, where we might be saying, "If only we played in a different division". I hope it all falls into place, because I believe we have the talent to be top five. Again, our statistics might be skewed because of our division. Looking at who Arizona will be playing, it might be hard to compare us with other teams just based on schedule. If we can put up 24 points a game, that should be good enough to go 4-2 in our division, if not better. I think we averaged about 21 points a game last year, so 24 shouldn't be too hard.

Get your popcorn ready.

Breaking what down?

Get your popcorn ready.

"If"

If the league played 7-on-7, then... maybe...

The pieces are definitely there for it to be a top-5 offense.

I also believe the players are good enough if they play up to their potential. The only problem is the coaching staff. I just don't believe they are good enough. The players will have to win and perform in spite of the coaches in some weeks.

If the players play to the best of their ability, I do think that they have the talent. But until the coaching staff displays some common sense in certain areas and get more aggressive on a more regular basis, it will remain to be seen how good this offense could be.

Love the optimism, though!!!!

LET'S GO BILLS!!!!!!!

Get your popcorn ready.

until proven other wise we are a bottom 1/3 offense

You had the 25th ranked O in the NFL last. You have added a 35-36 yr old, skills diminishing, cancer causing WR / you have added a rookie 4th round TE who may or may not start / you have an OL where not a single player is playing where they were last year / and you have a QB that has proven (to this point) to be closer to JP Losman than Jim Kelly. Please explain how this offense is supposed to be so impressive.

haha....so your glass is always half empty! :lol:

Ahhh, nothing like SKOOBY snacks... laced with crack.

Did Trent Edwards suddenly morph into Joe Montana?

Did the Bills O line suddenly get traded to NE even for their O line?

Did OC Turk Schonert morph into Ted Marchibroda?

Did RW trade with Robert Kraft, DJ for Belichick even up?

Aww man, same old coaching staff and players, save for the new guys on the O line and that really good wideout who doesn't catch well in cold weather.

Baby steps, I'd be happy this year with 4 wins in the division and one of those against the Patriots

I share your optimism.....but,

I can't put the Bills offense above New England's, Philadelphia's, Arizona's, San Diego's or New Orleans yet.

The Bills gotta show me they can block, convert 3rd and 1's and develop a swagger.

Agree. On paper, they look excellent at the skill positions and loaded with potential in the OL -- just have to see how it works out. Bottom line is they need to win games and get an attitude -- one where they EXPECT to win.