For All Of You Left Tackle Freaks......

He said:

1) Bills Fans are great, and Buffalo is a great place to play.

2) TO can be as good as he wants to be, but he laughed and said that he might not like the cold.

3) Bruce is the best he ever faced. They would joke around after the games but on the field it wasn't at all funny. His expression got very serious. He said that if he lost his balance for a split second he was toast, and he said Bruce was "crafty" 3 times. As for his strength compared to Bruce, he just grinned. This guy is a monster.

4) He coached (briefly, and I don't know where) Jason Peters. I commented about how strong he seemed to be. Jumbo said he was strong, but implied that he was stronger when he played. He did say that the Eagles will be very good this season, and that Peters will help them. I must admit, he seemed less impressed than I expected, but I imagine that as an all time great his standards are lofty.

5) He said that it takes at the very least 5 games to come back from a Peters type of holdout no matter what the media says. When Peters returned, there was absolutely no way he was ready. Impossible.

6) He agreed with my premise that kids are going to try to play LT instead of Guard because of the draft slot/cash, but said that many will fail in the pros.

7) Likes Trent Edwards. Called him a good kid, and said he is very smart.

I am going to see him again, and will think up more questions. One will be about Jauron.

He said:

1) Bills Fans are great, and Buffalo is a great place to play.

2) TO can be as good as he wants to be, but he laughed and said that he might not like the cold.

3) Bruce is the best he ever faced. They would joke around after the games but on the field it wasn't at all funny. His expression got very serious. He said that if he lost his balance for a split second he was toast, and he said Bruce was "crafty" 3 times. As for his strength compared to Bruce, he just grinned. This guy is a monster.

4) He coached (briefly, and I don't know where) Jason Peters. I commented about how strong he seemed to be. Jumbo said he was strong, but implied that he was stronger when he played. He did say that the Eagles will be very good this season, and that Peters will help them. I must admit, he seemed less impressed than I expected, but I imagine that as an all time great his standards are lofty.

5) He said that it takes at the very least 5 games to come back from a Peters type of holdout no matter what the media says. When Peters returned, there was absolutely no way he was ready. Impossible.

6) He agreed with my premise that kids are going to try to play LT instead of Guard because of the draft slot/cash, but said that many will fail in the pros.

7) Likes Trent Edwards. Called him a good kid, and said he is very smart.

I am going to see him again, and will think up more questions. One will be about Jauron.

Nice piece-thanks

Thanks Bill!

That's really cool that you were able to speak with him at length like that. You should also ask him what he thinks of Langston next time. I feel like he is better than he gets credit for around here but still does struggle at times with the speedy edge rushers.

Quality stuff, Bill. I'll add a query: Jauron and Brandon have talked about "cohesion" a lot in the last month, using Peters' expected holdout as a reason to make the trade. Just how much importance does Elliott place on getting that starting five in place as soon as possible?

Quality stuff, Bill. I'll add a query: Jauron and Brandon have talked about "cohesion" a lot in the last month, using Peters' expected holdout as a reason to make the trade. Just how much importance does Elliott place on getting that starting five in place as soon as possible?

Excellent question, Lo.

Ask him how much gloating Parcells did about outcoaching Marv in SB XXV.

What did Parcells say at halftime?

:thumbsup::lol:

Not sure that the Tuna did any talking... I think it was Belicheck* that said:

"Hey guys look at this! The Hi8 video of the Bills' pre-game walk-through just came in!"

:devil:

I will ask him that and the other stuff that pople requested. He really likes to talk football and he follows the game, but I didn't want to bombard him too much.

:devil::thumbsup:

Awesome Bill!

Oh, and don't forget to ask the "good" questions... :lol: You can use my name so he doesn't think you are a nut! :D

I will ask him that and the other stuff that pople requested. He really likes to talk football and he follows the game, but I didn't want to bombard him too much.

Right. It's a conversation, not an interrogation. That's why I lean more on my recorder than my notebook during interviews -- I'll check to make sure I'm hitting the topics I need to cover, but in my admittedly limited experience, I've found that a straight ask-the-question-then-write-down-the-answer session is uncomfortable for both sides.

:devil::thumbsup:

Awesome Bill!

Oh, and don't forget to ask the "good" questions... :lol: You can use my name so he doesn't think you are a nut! :D

By the way, Jumbo had many serious issues over his career, but he has really cleaned up his act. He does a lot of charitable work has has a few successful businesses.

Right. It's a conversation, not an interrogation. That's why I lean more on my recorder than my notebook during interviews -- I'll check to make sure I'm hitting the topics I need to cover, but in my admittedly limited experience, I've found that a straight ask-the-question-then-write-down-the-answer session is uncomfortable for both sides.

He was a little hesitant too about Peters, but I like to think that I can get to the truth. :devil:

He was a little hesitant too about Peters, but I like to think that I can get to the truth. :thumbsup:

Heh. After typing that, I was sitting here thinking that you have a lot more interviewing experience than I do ... :devil: