Jaws: Edwards is going to be a tremendous NFL quarterback

Former NFL star quarterback Ron Jaworski thinks Trent Edwards has what it takes to be the kind of winning quarterback the Buffalo Bills seek.

Jaworski, ESPN's Monday Night Football analyst, doesn't give Edwards an unconditional endorsement. But he's in the corner of the Bills' third-year signal caller and thinks the Bills are doing the right thing in putting the offense in Edwards' hands.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/689691.html

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am optimistic about Edwards and very much want to see him succeed, but I clearly remember Jaws saying JP was going to be a star.

I dont know if it was Jaws, but I definitely know shawn salsibury said that.

Former NFL star quarterback Ron Jaworski thinks Trent Edwards has what it takes to be the kind of winning quarterback the Buffalo Bills seek.

Jaworski, ESPN's Monday Night Football analyst, doesn't give Edwards an unconditional endorsement. But he's in the corner of the Bills' third-year signal caller and thinks the Bills are doing the right thing in putting the offense in Edwards' hands.

Edwards CAN be a star if we keep him concussion free.

Good thing our O line returns almost intact. Oops.....

Nice job Russ.

Jaworski said the same thing about Losman.

Nice job Russ.

Yeah, what a great O-line they had last year. :lol:

cant argue with that but a happy Peters getting paid what he deserved could be coming back as a real anchor.

Not to be, though, for these bills.

Their offensive line wasn't THAT bad last year. Run blocking was often times poor, but without looking at the sack numbers, I'm going to say that the pass blocking was still above average. Don't forget, in 2007, their pass blocking was as good as anybody's in the NFL. You want to recall some bad offensive lines, go back to the Flutie/Johnson era. Jamie Nails and Marcus Spriggs starting...

Their offensive line wasn't THAT bad last year. Run blocking was often times poor, but without looking at the sack numbers, I'm going to say that the pass blocking was still above average. Don't forget, in 2007, their pass blocking was as good as anybody's in the NFL. You want to recall some bad offensive lines, go back to the Flutie/Johnson era. Jamie Nails and Marcus Spriggs starting...

Agree on the run blocking: a 4.2 ypc is respectable.

As for pass protection, it's not about the number of sacks given up. It's "did the QB have time to make a throw?" A lot of that falls on our QBs, much of it falls on our receivers, but most of it falls on an OLine, especially from G to G that couldn't keep Ds from hurrying our QBs. Hurries are a VERY important stat from both the offensive and defensive perspective. Hurries mess up timing which is EVERYTHING in a passing game. Once the timing is gone the play tends to break down from there. It's when plays break down that turnovers tend to occur. Turnovers kill.

GO BILLS!!!

Nice job Russ.

So you would have liked last years line to return intact? You are getting close to ignore status on this board.

Run blocking was poor and pass blocking was average but you say the line wasn't that bad?

Run blocking was poor and pass blocking was average but you say the line wasn't that bad?

Dude, it wasn't the '87 Redskins, but it was far from the worst in the league. That's all I'm saying. It certainly, relatively speaking, wasn't as bad as our pass rush for instance.

:lol:

Yes, he did.

No he said JP has a chance to be a very good player.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/walkthrough/2006/jaws-ii

Question: Jaworski worked with J.P. Losman this past off-season. How would he rate his progress so far this season? -- Yonaton Aronoff

Jaworski worked with Losman this season on quarterback fundamentals: mechanics, read progressions, and so on. Contrary to Losman's reputation, Jaworski was impressed by the Bills quarterback's maturity. "Losman didn’t blame anyone else for his problems last year. The coaching staff was long gone, so he could have blamed them, but he took responsibility on himself." Losman is good at recognizing coverages and was smart enough to process Mike Mularkey's dense playbook last season. Jaworski believes that Losman has made progress and can still grow into a very good player.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement, especially when you're actually getting paid to work with the guy.

Nice job Russ.

Why do you enjoy being so negative about everything the Bills do??? Is that how believe you are supposed to be as a fan? My god it has been 5 months since last season ended. Sure we haven't made the playoffs in many years, but are you so miserable with the team that you refuse to find anything positive out of the offseason? My God, every season hope springs eternal. That is what is AWESOME about rooting for the team. As long as someone as cool as Jim Kelly loves the Bills and is a fixture in his association with the team, I am right alongside him in my support. Until we suck it up again, I am always going to think that THIS is our year. And if you can't get excited about having one of the greatest receivers of all time running routes for us, with the show he is going to bring, than dude it is time for you to go root for another team.

I am curious, were you a fan during the Super Bowl years? Anyone who was a huge fan than, and got so much enjoyment out of those teams, should never give up their loyalty to the current teams. For all the joy they gave us, we owe it to the franchise to never turn our backs on them. I will ALWAYS be a huge fan. Sure I will be upset about losses. But they are still my team. So find some of the love, or go root for the Texans.

Nice job Russ.

yeah, it's a real bummer that we overhauled an extremely under performing and (in the case of Dockery) overpaid O-line... :lol: