Describe Bills starters in one word

Elite, Great, Good, Average, Mediocre, and Garbage are the options, in that order, from good to bad.

OFFENSE

QB.Edwards=Average.

RB.Lynch=Good

FB.McIntyre=Garbage

WR.Evans=Good

WR.Owens=Great

WR. Reed=Mediocre

TE.Schuman=Mediocre

LT.Walker=Average

LG.Levitre=?

C.Hangartner=Good

RG.Woods=?

RT.Butler=Average

DEFENSE

RE. Schobel=Good

DT.Stroud=Good

DT.Williams=Average

LE.Kelsay=Garbage

OLB.Elison=Garbage

MLB.Posluszny=Average

OLB.Mitchell=Average

CB.McGee=Good

CB.McKelvin=Good

CB.Florence=Average

FS.Simpson=Mediocre

SS.Whitner=Average

Coaching Staff=Mediocre

Front Office=Mediocre

Elite=0

Great=1

Good=7

Average=8

Mediocre=5

Garbage=3

?=2. Can't really grade rookies.

Out of 26 positions, we only have 1 great player and the rest are either good or worse than good. This team needs to have more elite players if they are gonna contend for the playoffs, let alone a Super Bowl.

The younger guys, such as Edwards, Lynch, Evans, McKelvin and even Whitner, can still become great or elite players depending upon coaching, and surrounding talent, because they have the athletic skill set and/or smarts to up their game. I don't put Poz in that group because he just lacks the physical talent, IMO, to become great.

What do you think?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elite, Great, Good, Average, Mediocre, and Garbage are the options, in that order, from good to bad.

OFFENSE

QB.Edwards=Average.

RB.Lynch=Good

FB.McIntyre=Garbage

WR.Evans=Good

WR.Owens=Great

WR. Reed=Mediocre

TE.Schuman=Mediocre

LT.Walker=Average

LG.Levitre=?

C.Hangartner=Good

RG.Woods=?

RT.Butler=Average

DEFENSE

RE. Schobel=Good

DT.Stroud=Good

DT.Williams=Average

LE.Kelsay=Garbage

OLB.Elison=Garbage

MLB.Posluszny=Average

OLB.Mitchell=Average

CB.McGee=Good

CB.McKelvin=Good

CB.Florence=Average

FS.Simpson=Mediocre

SS.Whitner=Average

Coaching Staff=Mediocre

Front Office=Mediocre

Elite=0

Great=1

Good=7

Average=8

Mediocre=5

Garbage=3

Out of 26 positions, we only have 1 great player and the rest are either good or worse than good. This team needs to have more elite players if they are gonna contend for the playoffs, let alone a Super Bowl.

The younger guys, such as Edwards, Lynch, Evans, McKelvin and even Whitner, can still become great or elite players depending upon coaching, and surrounding talent, because they have the athletic skill set and/or smarts to up their game. I don't put Poz in that group because he just lacks the physical talent, IMO, to become great.

What do you think?

i'd bump Kelsay up to mediocre and schobel down to average(and im being kind)

OFFENSE

QB.Edwards=Average.

RB.Lynch=Good

FB.McIntyre=Garbage

WR.Evans=Good

WR.Owens=Great

WR. Reed=Mediocre

TE.Schuman=Mediocre

LT.Walker=Average

LG.Levitre=?

C.Hangartner=Good

RG.Woods=?

RT.Butler=Average

DEFENSE

RE. Schobel=Good

DT.Stroud=Good

DT.Williams=Average

LE.Kelsay=Garbage

OLB.Elison=Garbage

MLB.Posluszny=Average

OLB.Mitchell=Average

CB.McGee=Good

CB.McKelvin=Good

CB.Florence=Average

FS.Simpson=Mediocre

SS.Whitner=Average

Coaching Staff=Mediocre

Front Office=Mediocre

Elite=0

Great=1

Good=7

Average=8

Mediocre=5

Garbage=3

What do you think?

And that is why 3 straight 7-9 seasons and no playoffs for 9 years this team reeks of mediocre :lol: ty

OFFENSE

QB.Edwards=Average. (Good)

RB.Lynch=Good

FB.McIntyre=Garbage

WR.Evans=Good

WR.Owens=Great (Elite)

WR. Reed=Mediocre (Good)

TE.Schuman=Mediocre (Fine)

LT.Walker=Average

LG.Levitre=?

C.Hangartner=Good (Average)

RG.Woods=?

RT.Butler=Average (Good)

DEFENSE

RE. Schobel=Good

DT.Stroud=Good (Great)

DT.Williams=Average

LE.Kelsay=Garbage

OLB.Elison=Garbage

MLB.Posluszny=Average

OLB.Mitchell=Average (Good)

CB.McGee=Good (Great)

CB.McKelvin=Good

CB.Florence=Average

FS.Simpson=Mediocre (Scott - Good)

SS.Whitner=Average

I put my changes in above. I'll get ripped for putting McGee at great, but IMO when he's healthy, he's definitely a top 15 corner in this league, and perhaps 10. What he means to this team as our #1 corner and on special teams is a lot more than most corners mean to their squads.

I'm not saying we couldn't use more talent, but I definitely think you underrate some of our players as well as the FO and coaching staff. Josh Reed is better than mediocre as a slot receiver, I think Fine and Nelson will be the TEs over Schouman (or Fine and Schouman if Nelson doesn't come on), Ellison and Kelsey may not be full time starter material, but there is no way they are garbage, and Simpson won't be the starting FS, it'll be either Byrd or Whitner.

Plus, so many of our guys are young with a lot of potential...Lynch is still getting better, Evans production should increase significantly, TE should get better, Poz should get better, the rookies will get better. There is a lot of unproven talent on this roster that give this team a lot of upside. I think your ratings will be significantly better by the end of next season. Here is my take:

OFFENSE

QB.Edwards=Average (but I think he'll move up to good this year)

RB.Lynch=Good (but Lynch, Jackson, Rhodes as a group could be great)

FB.McIntyre=Mediocre

WR.Evans=Good (with possibility of moving up to great with T.O opposite him)

WR.Owens=Great (Has been elite, but is he still? I'll leave him at great)

WR. Reed=Average to good (he may be mediocre as a 2nd WR, but in the slot he'll be pretty good)

TE.Fine, Nelson (not Schouman)=Mediocre (I think it'll move up to at least average, but they still have to prove

themselves)

LT.Walker=Average (I'll leave him there until we see what he can do on the left side)

LG.Levitre=? (w/ lots of upside)

C.Hangartner=Good

RG.Woods=? (w/ lots of upside)

RT.Butler=Average

DEFENSE

RE. Schobel=Good

DT.Stroud=Good

DT.Williams=Average

LE.Kelsay=Average (sure Kelsey isn't great, but he ain't garbage either)

OLB.Elison=Mediocre to average

MLB.Posluszny=Average (with upside)

OLB.Mitchell=Average

CB.McGee=Good

CB.McKelvin=Good already (with upside)

CB.Florence/Youbouty/Corner=I think the best of this group will turn out to be good

FS.Byrd/Whitner=This should at least be average

SS.Whitner/Scott=Average to good

Coaching Staff=Average to good (Sure they aren't Bellicheat-elite, but how many coaching staffs in the league would you consider garbage? one or two maybe...so mediocre would put Jauron et al as bottom 5 coaching staffs in the league? I think they have a lot to prove, but Jauron has to at least be middle of the pack don't you think? Especially if the whole point of your post is that they don't have enough talent to work with)

Front Office=Average to good (Counting since Brandon took over: Two good drafts, Stroud and T.O. in FA/trade, etc.)

I have a tough time distinguishing between average and mediocre in my head, so I just used average and below-average

OFFENSE

QB.Edwards=Average(being generous)

RB.Lynch=Great(Would be elite if he played for the right team)

FB.McIntyre=Garbage(Irrelevant probably the better term)

WR.Evans=Good

WR.Owens=Great

WR. Reed=Average

TE.Schuman=Garbage

LT.Walker=Average

LG.Levitre=?

C.Hangartner=Average

RG.Woods=?

RT.Butler=Average

DEFENSE

RE. Schobel=Good

DT.Stroud=Good

DT.Williams=Average (Teetering on below-average, had a solid start last year but got manhandled the rest of the season)

LE.Kelsay=Below Average

OLB.Elison=Below Average

MLB.Posluszny=Average

OLB.Mitchell=Average

CB.McGee=Good

CB.McKelvin=Good

CB.Florence=Average

FS.Simpson=Average

SS.Whitner=Good

Coaching Staff=Below Average

Most teams would look similar to the Bills if you broke them down that way. How many elite players does the Steelers have?

Ha ha ha!!! Try Big Ben, Harrison and Polamalu. That's three more than we have.

Ha ha ha!!! Try Big Ben, Harrison and Polamalu. That's three more than we have.

Polamalu, I'll give you. But Big Ben is good but he is hardly elite. Harrison had one good season in a system that makes any starting OLB successful.

Still, the point is that SB champion only has 1 or maybe 2 elite players. It is a very even league.

Most teams would look similar to the Bills if you broke them down that way. How many elite players does the Steelers have?

Most teams don't win super bowls either. However the ones that do...

Steelers: Polamalu, Harrison have to both be considered elite.

Patriots: Brady, Moss, Belicheat = definition of elite. 3 more than us

Giants: Umenyiora may have been their only elite player in 07 but, Plax, Tuck, Pierce, Shockley, Strahan are all in the vicinity of and would be/would've been upgrades to us.

Not that I disagree with your point, I just feel there is a definite talent gap between these perennial SB contenders and the Bills, the most glaring off which being coaching staffs. Would trade our entire staff for any of those three's any day.