OT - Family Guy - Funniest show ever, or what?

Sealab is a friggin riot.....

I might sound like a geek but I'm looking forward to Justice League Unlimited starting on Saturday.

My son and I watch the regular Justice League now. If you haven't caught an episode I would suggest checking it out. The stories are usually pretty good!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit annoyed with fox.  Last night they were actually bleeping it and the week prior they blurred out some butt shots.  People, we are talking animated butts here!  Stop The FCC!

I hope all this censorship wont affect the new shows coming out.

Oh and to save server space and go light.  Vincent Gallo was on Howard Stern this am, and he called buffalonians miserable people.  I'm not from WNY, but I have to say this, FU Vinny, I've met some real sweet people there and I hope one day the economy returns and makes the city prosper.

7730[/snapback]

One Breast Bowl and they even got to smack down Family Guy.

Buffalo has to lose the stigma of being "down and out" and hopeless. The part about the weather is also overdone. Most of the world gets a winter Buffalo's is simply more dramatic. There are countless Northern cities across the world that thrive economically. The Canadian cities have vicious winters but they still flourish. You are right, the economy is the key for much of what is wrong about Buffalo. Innovators entreneurs and people with brass can change a lot. The Geico call station isn't going to make many people rich but it is money into the local economy that in turn is spent in the local area.

As for the people, I have met cool Buffalo people in Buffalo and all over the country. There are some that I wish I never met but for the most part Buffalo people are very good people.

Peter:

...Lois comes up to me wanting to know if she can get a job, and I was like: "I got a job for you right here" [points at his crotch]... this zipper's been broken for weeks, I've had to use a safety pin.

Peter:

Listen Lois, I know you're a feminist and I think that's adorable, but this is grown-up time and I'm the man.

Tom Tucker: Stay tuned for our special investigative report on the clitoris, "Nature's Rubik's Cube".

Tom Tucker: And now time for the Ollie blackuweather forecast.

Ollie: It's gonna rain.

Tom Tucker: Thanks, Ollie.

Seriously, I know there are some GREAT shows out there, with intelligent writers, etc, but never has a show had me in tears like Family Guy. Just some of the RANDOM, off-the-wall stuff they pull is so damn funny.

A favorite line of mine is when Stewey and Brian (the dog) go to pick up Brians dead mom. It turns out the owners had stuffed her and made her into a coffee table. Well, They are carrying her to go bury her, and stewey has her by the tail, and it breaks off. Brian gets upset.. stewy goes "Oh, settle down, its not like the old gal had much to wag about these days" ... oh man, tell me that isnt classic (of those that saw that one).  Or stewey eulogy when they bury her... priceless.

I have yet to see an episode that didnt have me in stitches... cant say the same for such crap as "Friends", etc.

7656[/snapback]

That is the best show I've ever... ever... EVER seen.

I've got two scenes I laugh at uncontrollably. The first is simple and small, where the dog is talking about his summer job at the Mall. They cut to him wearing an apron holding a tray of food. He asks a guy walking by, "would you like to taste my smoked meat log." Whap. He's punched out.

The second... Chris is pretending to grab Peter's nose. Peter turns over and rips off Chris' face with, "I've got your face!" Chris proceeds to run around frantically and Lois comforts him with, "It's just a trick, Chris."

The funny part is Peter really does rip off Chris' face. Great show!!!!

question....Can people understand stewie?  or is it his internal voice we are hearing?

I know they can hear brian

7900[/snapback]

i think they understand him, but dont really listen to what he says..... kinda like most parents. i dont know why he has a british accent, but hell its even funnier that way....

Stewie is my favorite character. He is a Meglomaniac Ideologue with a serious Oedipal Complex! My favorite quote by him is:

"Damn you, vile woman! You've impeded my work since the day I escaped from your wretched womb."

7968[/snapback]

Stewie: Yes I want some ice cream! But no sprinkles! For every sprinkle that I find I shall kill you."

Well...if it's not the funniest, it's Top 10! I could not believe they pulled that show when they did. I guess the DVD sales made FOX change it's mind...

7915[/snapback]

I never understood why Fox pulled the show either, except that it might not have had the ratings on Thursday night. NBC was going to pull Cheers after the first year or so but decided to stick with it and we know how that turned out. I'm glad to see that it's coming back though. It is, IMO, the funniest show ever. How they get away with the racial, sexual and political jabs is beyond me. I'm just glad they do.

Brian: She's a whiney little runt isn't she?

[Lois gasps]

Brian: What? I said runt.

the reason it got pulled from fox can be found in most of the quotes in this thread... but the one espisode, that wouldnt air on Fox, "Once upon a Weinstein", was aired on Cartoon Network, and on the DVDs..

The episode where Lois and Peter want to have another baby...

Lois goes "Stewey, what is the happiest thing that could happen to this family?"

and the scene cuts to stewie imagining the entire family sitting around in house coats, reading newspapers, and lois, dead in the middle of the room (like a bear skin rug) and there is just silence for about 10 seconds until stewie looks up from his paper and goes "hmm, the Phillies won".