Screwball far right wingers taking their cue from Bush Turdbaugh

This woman is nominated and the Republicans (who according to recent polls make up about 20 percent of the electorate now) are going apeschit!

So predictable....still trying to keep the white man legacy alive in the face of changing demographics.

The far right will never get it.

She's a racist. She belongs to La Raza which mean "The Race". If a white nominee belonged to an organization called The Race, you'd have him locked up.

Where were you when the dems were sabotaging Bushes hispanic judicial nominees?

She's a racist. She belongs to La Raza which mean "The Race". If a white nominee belonged to an organization called The Race, you'd have him locked up.

Seriously, are you joking or are you really that ignorant? I make no apologies for the whack-jobs on the left (including a few on this board), but do you EVER do any of your own research or is there a one-stop center for daily right-wing stupidity? Are you just a "little" embarrassed you're parroting Tancredo's nutball rants?

How about this one? Can you guess who uttered this beauty about Judge Sotomayor?

"Let's hope that the key conferences aren't when she's menstruating or something, or just before she's going to menstruate. That would really be bad. Lord knows what we would get then."

ANSWER

How about this one? Can you guess who uttered this beauty about Judge Sotomayor?

"Let's hope that the key conferences aren't when she's menstruating or something, or just before she's going to menstruate. That would really be bad. Lord knows what we would get then."

The Man Show? :worthy:

The far right will never get it.

With hot women like Sarah Palin in the Republican party we definitely get "it"!

With brutally ugly women like Caroline Kennedy and Sonia Sotomayor it's abundantly clear that if that's what Democrats refer to as "it" then you can all have "it".

I know La Raza is not as bad as the KKK but its no Polish Falcons either (to bring in a Buffalo reference).

La Raza does mean "The Race". Hispanic is NOT a race.

Like I said, if a white politician or judge belonged to "The Race", he'd be tarred and feathered.

I know La Raza is not as bad as the KKK but its no Polish Falcons either (to bring in a Buffalo reference).

Like I said, if a white politician or judge belonged to "The Race", he'd be tarred and feathered.

How about educating yourself before making lowest common denominator statements? Go look up WHY isn't called La Raza and explain what is so offensive. Moreover, It actually IS like the NAACP, Bnai Brith, and, in many ways, like the Polish and Irish societies.

Where were you when the dems were sabotaging Bushes hispanic judicial nominees?

She also think judges make the law. That's called legislating from the bench.

How about educating yourself before making lowest common denominator statements? Go look up WHY isn't called La Raza and explain what is so offensive. Moreover, It actually IS like the NAACP, Bnai Brith, and, in many ways, like the Polish and Irish societies.

Just calling it "The Race" is offensive.

I don't know what state you live in, but in CA they are at every pro illegal alien protest.

Please enlighten.

There are three races.

They used to be called Caucasian, Negroid and Mongoloid (I don't know the PC terms now). From certain traits on the skull, the race of the person can be determined (ever see CSI or numerous shows on trueTV?).

Hispanic is not one of them.

Hispanic is a group of nationalities, like slavic.

Hispanic is a PC term that really means nothing except what the liberals want it to mean.

There are three races.

They used to be called Caucasian, Negroid and Mongoloid (I don't know the PC terms now). From certain traits on the skull, the race of the person can be determined (ever see CSI or numerous shows on trueTV?).

Hispanic is not one of them.

Hispanic is a group of nationalities, like slavic.

Hispanic is a PC term that really means nothing except what the liberals want it to mean.

May be the most ignorant post I've ever read. It's difficult to know where to begin but if you think Hispanic is a PC/liberal term then there is likely no point engaging with ignorant morons like you.

I'll venture a guess and say you've never taken an Anthropology class

Jeez Louise, this has NOTHING to do with Anthropology. (Do you REALLY think that?)

It's what the community thinks of themselves. Most "Hispanic" leaders often say that the term is broader than the literal translation - "the people" "the community" "this collective, yet not homogeneous, group we call ourselves." It's all very simple yet there are those who either don't get, don't want to get it or purposely disparage it for short-term political gain. Which are you?

It's all very simple yet there are those who either don't get, don't want to get it or purposely disparage it for short-term political gain. Which are you?

Neither.

I'm somebody who understands the theory of human evolution

Hispanic is a mix of "Caucasoids" (European, mostly Spanish) and "Mongoloid" (tho there is some argument whether the North/South American branch should be reclassified it's own species as they were separated from the main Asian branch for a few thousand years. A similar argument has been made for Australian Aboriginees)

Neither.

I'm somebody who understands the theory of human evolution

Hispanic is a mix of "Caucasoids" (European, mostly Spanish) and "Mongoloid" (tho there is some argument whether the North/South American branch should be reclassified it's own species as they were separated from the main Asian branch for a few thousand years. A similar argument has been made for Australian Aboriginees)

Are you purposely playing stupid? Which part of "this has nothing to do with Anthropology" don't you understand?

Are you purposely playing stupid? Which part of "this has nothing to do with Anthropology" don't you understand?

Okay I'll bite, it'll be good for a laugh. Explain how the definition of a race has nothing to do with Anthropology

From Wiki:

La Raza is sometimes used to denote people of Chicano (i.e. Mexican American) and Mexican descent and the Hispanic world, as well by mestizos who share Native American or national Hispanic heritage.

The term originated in the 1925 book La Raza Cósmica, which translates to "The Cosmic Race", written by Mexican writer José Vasconcelos. He described La Raza Cosmica as the product of gradual racial mixing that was already underway in the Hispanic world. Vasconcelos believed that eventually all of the people within the Spanish Empire would be completely mixed into a new race.

La Raza does NOT mean "the race." It may translate that way, but according to the definition above--which is sadly uncited--La Raza refers to the perpetual mixing of races until a new race is born. Believe it or not "connotation" exists outside the English language as well.

So, until some of you knuckleheads can provide a better reason why the National Council of La Raza is bad bad bad aside from the presence of a word you wish to define in your own terms, go fish.

I was watching Forensic Files last night where a guy faked his own death. They found part of the skull and a few teeth in the guys burnt out car. When the insurance company (the guy had $7 mil in coverage) investigated they found the the incisor had a shovel shape which indicated are mongoloid characteristics (N & S American Indians and Asians). After they caught the guy he confessed that he dug up some peasant from a Mexican cemetery and placed him in the car.

I have also heard people that do the reconstructions of features from the skulls state that people of Negroid race have a wider nasal opening in the skull.

Seriously though, if there are only three races, why doesn't it piss off the hebes when you trash polacks, and why aren't all gooks offended when someone blasts a chink?

What's the difference? They all look the same to me. :wallbash: