I'm bored - 53 man roster

I know it's early, but heres what I put together:

QB(3) - Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Gibran Hamdan

RB(3) - Marshawn Lynch, Fred Jackson, Dominic Rhodes, Xavier Omon (till game 4 then cut)

FB(1) - (Travis McCall)

TE(3) - Derek Fine, Shawn Nelson, Travis McCall

WR(6) - Lee Evans, Terrell Owens, Josh Reed, Steve Johnson, James Hardy, Roscoe Parrish

OG(3) - Eric Wood, Adam Levitre, Kirk Cambers, (Seth McKinney)

OT(3) - Langston Walker, Brad Butler, Demetrius Bell, (Kirk Chambers), (Adam Levitre)

OC(2) - Geoff Hangartner, Seth McKinney, (Eric Wood)

DE(5) - Aaron Schobel, Aaron Maybin, Ryan Denney, Chris Kelsay, Chris Ellis, (Spencer Johnson)

DT(4) - Marcus Stroud, Kyle Williams, Spencer Johnson, John McCargo

OLB(5) - Kawika Mitchell, Pat Thomas, Nic Harris, Keith Ellison, Blake Costanzo, (Alvin Bowen)

MLB(3) - Paul Pozluszny, John DiGiorgio, Alvin Bowen

CB(5) - Terrence McGee, Leodis McKelvin, Drayton Florence, Ashton Youboty, Reggie Corner, (Jairus Byrd)

SS(3) - Donte Whitner, Bryan Scott, John Wendling

FS(3) - Jairus Byrd, Ko Simpson, George Wilson, (Donte Whitner), (John Wendling)

K/PK(1) - Rian Lindell

P(1) - Brian Moorman

LS(1) - Garrison Sanborn

PR - Roscoe Parrish, Jairus Byrd, Fred Jackson, Leodis McKelvin

KR - Leodis McKelvin, Terrence McGee, Fred Jackson, Jairus Byrd

ok so what do you think?...I know I have 54 here but I just don't know who to cut to make it 53...some will say Ko Simpson, some will say K. Ellison...I'd like to keep Parrish, but I'd like to give him a shot with another team to be a starter at WR...I'm hoping Jairus Byrd can be a dominant PR to cover for Parrish's lose if it happens...my biggest cuts (which aren't that big at all) are at FB, RB and LS...I'd like to see some info on how well K Danny Urrego is doing...if he looks to be better then Lindell then they should make that switch too...

You've got McCall counted twice on there, fyi...

I think...

Ive got him listed as a TE but comes in as the FB if and when they need one....hes actually in 2 spots but only counted as 1 spot against the 53 man roster...the (#) is a bit confuseing and they don't represent the actual 53 man #...I have a feeling the FB will be used less this year with our WR's and 2 RB sets...jmo tho

RB(3) - Marshawn Lynch, Fred Jackson, Dominic Rhodes, Xavier Omon (till game 4 then cut)

FB(1) - (Travis McCall)

WR(6) - Lee Evans, Terrell Owens, Josh Reed, Steve Johnson, James Hardy, Roscoe Parrish

OT(3) - Langston Walker, Brad Butler, Demetrius Bell, (Kirk Chambers), (Adam Levitre)

DE(5) - Aaron Schobel, Aaron Maybin, Ryan Denney, Chris Kelsay, Chris Ellis, (Spencer Johnson)

OLB(5) - Kawika Mitchell, Pat Thomas, Nic Harris, Keith Ellison, Blake Costanzo, (Alvin Bowen)

CB(5) - Terrence McGee, Leodis McKelvin, Drayton Florence, Ashton Youboty, Reggie Corner, (Jairus Byrd)

FS(3) - Jairus Byrd, Ko Simpson, George Wilson, (Donte Whitner), (John Wendling)

K/PK(1) - Rian Lindell

P(1) - Brian Moorman

LS(1) - Garrison Sanborn

ok so what do you think?...I know I have 54 here but I just don't know who to cut to make it 53...some will say Ko Simpson, some will say K. Ellison...I'd like to keep Parrish, but I'd like to give him a shot with another team to be a starter at WR...I'm hoping Jairus Byrd can be a dominant PR to cover for Parrish's lose if it happens...my biggest cuts (which aren't that big at all) are at FB, RB and LS...I'd like to see some info on how well K Danny Urrego is doing...if he looks to be better then Lindell then they should make that switch too...

Cut Coztanza and Wendling

Cut Coztanza and Wendling

hmm...I thouight about that but I would hate to hamper the ST's any more than I already did...I've already cut Corto and Jenkins from the ST's...I think losing Cos and Wendling would hurt it to much..jmo tho...obviously April has the better insight to this then me.

FB(1) - (Travis McCall)

K/PK(1) - Rian Lindell

P(1) - Brian Moorman

LS(1) - Garrison Sanborn

Not bad, but you forgot Cary Harris who will make the squad, he's got some game. I also think Nelson will win the starting job by the opener.

McCall, Simpson, Costanzo off, McIntyre and Schouman on. Did they resign Costanzo? I know he was a restricted FA.

yea he's on the Bills website roster and www.Billsdaily.com has him there also

I kept McCall over McIntyre due to his size and the fact that Buffalo just can't keep a lone FB on the roster this year and keep some other guys as well... McCall is at 6'2" 276..he's big enough to be a punishing blocker and could possibly come in to block on 3rd and goal situations on the 1...I really don't think Bills use a FB this year...I see a lot more 3 - 4 WR sets and 2 RB sets..I just feel FB will be used sparingly and with MCall's size he could be that FB on certain situations...Shouman is expendable I think, although I could see the Bills keeping 4 TE's, but that wouldn't be any different than just keeping McIntyre I guess.

Not bad, but you forgot Cary Harris who will make the squad, he's got some game. I also think Nelson will win the starting job by the opener.

not arguing with yea, but who do you cut to keep Harris?...I mean McGee and McKelvin are locks and they really like Florence...Corner and Youboty are also good...I guess I could see Youboty getting the cut if he gets injured again before season starts...He might be good but to many injuries could push him off the squad...I could see Harris on the PS this year and maybe see what happens for next year.

not arguing with yea, but who do you cut to keep Harris?...I mean McGee and McKelvin are locks and they really like Florence...Corner and Youboty are also good...I guess I could see Youboty getting the cut if he gets injured again before season starts...He might be good but to many injuries could push him off the squad...I could see Harris on the PS this year and maybe see what happens for next year.

I think they cut Wilson, Simpson, or Wendling and keep the extra CB because we need the depth, especially against NE where we often have 5 or 6 DB's on the field and our DB's seem to get hit with injuries every year.

We dont need 6 safeties, especially when we can keep a more talented player at another position. Cary actually might be used as a backup safety too.

McCall, Simpson, Costanzo off, McIntyre and Schouman on. Did they resign Costanzo? I know he was a restricted FA.

Yeah Schouman aint getting cut, he's the most experienced TE we have believe it or not. Not to mention, he's not even that bad, they just never use him. And Pee-Wee Herman will make the team, I agree. Wendling will not get cut, Bobby April gets to keep at least a couple of his boys. Drayton Florence has got Will James from last year written all over him.

FB(1) - (Travis McCall)

K/PK(1) - Rian Lindell

P(1) - Brian Moorman

LS(1) - Garrison Sanborn

I keep getting 55 players on this roster. I look at numbers all day though, so I might just be losing it. The two extra players who get cut - to bring your roster down to 53, have to be Costanzo and Simpson. Simpson doesn't play special teams and Costanzo isn't going to be as good as Bowen/Ellison/Harris will be on special teams.

In addition to those, I might also swap in Schouman for someone. The only way another o-lineman gets on the team is if someone (D. Bell probaby) can beat out Chambers for the swing role, so they have room. Maybe McKinney goes?

I keep getting 55 players on this roster. I look at numbers all day though, so I might just be losing it. The two extra players who get cut - to bring your roster down to 53, have to be Costanzo and Simpson. Simpson doesn't play special teams and Costanzo isn't going to be as good as Bowen/Ellison/Harris will be on special teams.

In addition to those, I might also swap in Schouman for someone. The only way another o-lineman gets on the team is if someone (D. Bell probaby) can beat out Chambers for the swing role, so they have room. Maybe McKinney goes?

You're picking up Omon and Lynch as 2, they are only 1 roster spot.

FB(1) - (Travis McCall)

K/PK(1) - Rian Lindell

P(1) - Brian Moorman

LS(1) - Garrison Sanborn

McCall to Practice Squad

Shouman and McIntyre In

Hardy to PUP, Jenkins In

Bowen out, Simpson out, Florence out, Lankster In

J. Bell, C. Harris to Practice Squad

i definitely think we have the best corners in our division as well as recieving core. i am going to brag for a minute... look at our corners - mcgee (arguabley the best corner in our division), mckelvin (no corner in our division has more potential, the jets would gladly give up revis for mckelvins talents), corner (talk about a guy who came from nowhere, the guy wasnt even invited to the combine and was making big plays the second half of the season and easily could be the nickle back), drayton florence ( i love this guy, i am sorry he had a bad year last year, but he is young and when he was with SD he was a ballhawking playmaker and we got him for a steal, he could be the nickle DB or a starter if someone went down, but he would start for miami or NYJ right away if they had him, and he is on boddens level in my opinion), youboty (guy has all the talent in the world as shown last preseason, he just has to find a way to stay healthy long enough for it to show in the regular season over a full season) put these 5 guys against any of our division foes and i guarantee you will all agree. shawn springs is old and injury prone, revis is good but young and isnt a shutdown corner, will allen LOL will allen.

i definitely think we have the best corners in our division as well as recieving core. i am going to brag for a minute... look at our corners - mcgee (arguabley the best corner in our division), mckelvin (no corner in our division has more potential, the jets would gladly give up revis for mckelvins talents), corner (talk about a guy who came from nowhere, the guy wasnt even invited to the combine and was making big plays the second half of the season and easily could be the nickle back), drayton florence ( i love this guy, i am sorry he had a bad year last year, but he is young and when he was with SD he was a ballhawking playmaker and we got him for a steal, he could be the nickle DB or a starter if someone went down, but he would start for miami or NYJ right away if they had him, and he is on boddens level in my opinion), youboty (guy has all the talent in the world as shown last preseason, he just has to find a way to stay healthy long enough for it to show in the regular season over a full season) put these 5 guys against any of our division foes and i guarantee you will all agree. shawn springs is old and injury prone, revis is good but young and isnt a shutdown corner, will allen LOL will allen.

I like what you said overall about the Bills players. But unless they get a pass rush going in front of them, no corner looks good after 4-5 seconds.

I also think Byrd will be defensive rookie of the year.