Parrish wants more chances to catch passes

Guest dog14787

Buffalo's group of WR's over the last few years have for the most part been small and you really need some height mixed in, It could be at the TE position or a bigger WR like T.O. preferably both, but for the smaller WR's to be successful you just got to have a couple of bigger targets to go with them in my opinion.

With some size at the WR position with T.O. and the emergence of Nelson as a weapon at the TE position, it will open up some room for Roscoe Parish to make more catches at the WR position. Running the no huddle should give Parish more time on the football field and he will probably slip threw the cracks and end up wide open half the time.

Watch film....he is dangerous when he isn't bumped at the line--but he is neutralized when he is.....the book on him is fairly easy to read. Plus even after all these years in the league--his short routes--outs and slants-- where he could be very dangerous are not tight.

I agree with dog--we have more receivers who require attention -- he will have the opportunity to eat a 4th corner alive--but he also needs to work on his moves to avoid contact at the line and on the sharpness of his short routes.

He should try getting open......

Seems to me he never has much separation, and he is too small/weak to battle for the ball.

Most of the picks in OTA's are trying to throw to him (based on the limited video of the practices).

To this point I have blamed the coaches for not having utilized him properly, but I am starting to wonder if it is not on him. With his quickness he should be a much more dangerous and effective player, getting the ball with some room for his amazing running ability to make some plays. Aside from one play against the Jets 2 years ago, I don't recall him running in space at all.

I also don't really like him running his mouth about it. Maybe thats why he was on the block? Maybe he wanted out of Buffalo?

Watch film....he is dangerous when he isn't bumped at the line--but he is neutralized when he is.....the book on him is fairly easy to read. Plus even after all these years in the league--his short routes--outs and slants-- where he could be very dangerous are not tight.

I agree with dog--we have more receivers who require attention -- he will have the opportunity to eat a 4th corner alive--but he also needs to work on his moves to avoid contact at the line and on the sharpness of his short routes.

If what you are saying is right(about being bumped). And i do not doubt it. Then you have to run him in motion. That is the best way to neutralize bump coverage.

Haveing said that i just dont see how he gets in much as wide reciever. Atleast not with this current recieving group. If Reed gets hurt, then maybe he can see the field some. He would be a nice weapon if used maybe 5-6 snaps a game. And have 2-3 balls thrown his way.

Guest dog14787
If what you are saying is right(about being bumped). And i do not doubt it. Then you have to run him in motion. That is the best way to neutralize bump coverage.

Haveing said that i just dont see how he gets in much as wide reciever. Atleast not with this current recieving group. If Reed gets hurt, then maybe he can see the field some. He would be a nice weapon if used maybe 5-6 snaps a game. And have 2-3 balls thrown his way.

It will be a fight for playing time no doubt about it, but if our offense improves like I think its going to, it should mean more extended drives which will equate to more offensive plays which normally equates to more players getting play time.

Shonert realizes how explosive Parish is, Plus Roscoe will be playing with a chip on his shoulder this season. In my opinion we should try to get him involved with the offense as much as possible.

Great point. They do need to move him more. I can't ever remember seeing 11 in motion...

Ever see Brett Farve throw the slant?

Three offensive coordinators have failed to get the ball to roscoe on a consistent basis. God help us if he ever goes to new england, because they would get him the ball in the open field just like they do welker.

Ideally, we should have recievers that force defenders to play off of them and pass protection that gives us time to let them run the defense off and throw underneath to roscoe.

The thing that I've always noticed about Parrish as a receiver is that once he catches a ball he starts busting all kinds of moves laterally instead of first trying to accelerate upfield. It seemed to me that he also tried to do too much of that early on as a punt returner then adjusted to running more vertically. I also agree that he doesn't seem to run the sharpest patterns either. I don't blame the Buffalo coaches for not playing him more, he really hasn't earned it IMO.

I also don't really like him running his mouth about it. Maybe thats why he was on the block? Maybe he wanted out of Buffalo?

See, I hate this - he's "running his mouth". It's not like he called a press conference and said "listen to me talk for a minute, I need the ball more." He was asked a question, and he gave an HONEST RESPONSE. People complain about athletes that give out worthless quotes and cliches. Roscoe was honest and said how he felt. He also made a point to say he wasn't looking for a trade and accepted his role. Sheesh.

I remember a play some years ago by K.C., in which Hall caught a pass going right up the middle of the field - he caught it maybe ten to fifteen yards up field and just burned everyone for the touchdown. He seems that kind of player - used sparingly, but if used right, maybe in motion, or, as Welker is used, and especially if he's being covered by a third corner or linebacker, he could explode. I'd like to see him given the chance. Didn't we use a 2nd round pick on him? I'd say, even at that high a pick, his special teams play is worth it. Maybe not his salary, but getting that extra ten or fifteen yards a possession is a luxury we haven't yet capitalized on. Short fields this year should mean a lot more for us.

See, I hate this - he's "running his mouth". It's not like he called a press conference and said "listen to me talk for a minute, I need the ball more." He was asked a question, and he gave an HONEST RESPONSE. People complain about athletes that give out worthless quotes and cliches. Roscoe was honest and said how he felt. He also made a point to say he wasn't looking for a trade and accepted his role. Sheesh.

Point taken---"running his mouth" is an overstatement on my part.

It's unclear what he was asked, and what he volunteered on his own. The best response(if asked) would have been to deflect mention of another team or trade, and say he's happy to make the best of where he is right now. He didn't really do that in my opinion, but it may be the way the quotes are set up.

I was reading between the lines a little, maybe he's just sensitive his name was floated around in trade rumors. I guess I would be too---especially if I felt I was underutilized and watching my career go by without acheiving my goals.

Shonert realizes how explosive Parish is,

As others have pointed out, at WR, he's just not.

He gets bullied at the line and after he catches the ball, he doesn't get very far before being plastered.

We are deep enough at WR to not be wasting tosses to Parrish.

Point taken---"running his mouth" is an overstatement on my part.

It's unclear what he was asked, and what he volunteered on his own. The best response(if asked) would have been to deflect mention of another team or trade, and say he's happy to make the best of where he is right now. He didn't really do that in my opinion, but it may be the way the quotes are set up.

I was reading between the lines a little, maybe he's just sensitive his name was floated around in trade rumors. I guess I would be too---especially if I felt I was underutilized and watching my career go by without achieving my goals.

A trade would be a bit of a surprise, with his recent contract extension. I'd guess that would chase away potential trade partners.

Ever see Brett Farve throw the slant?

Three offensive coordinators have failed to get the ball to roscoe on a consistent basis. God help us if he ever goes to new england, because they would get him the ball in the open field just like they do welker.

Ideally, we should have recievers that force defenders to play off of them and pass protection that gives us time to let them run the defense off and throw underneath to roscoe.

They are the same player with one minor difference.......Parrish stinks as a WR