TO and the Bills per Mike Cezick NBC sports

The media continues to rip TO and questions the Bills for the signing. Can anyone here give me a list of probowl wide outs that don't complain they aren't getting the ball enough? When TO was signed a friend, who is a Jets fan, was predicting gloom and doom for the Bills as TO will be a cancer in the locker room. I said to him I will be disappointed if he doesn't ruffle some feathers. DJ needs to be accountable for the lacklustre performances of this team and while I think TE has skills he definately needs some one to light a fire under his Arse. "Mr. check down" is not a good nickname for an NFL QB. Kelly called this team out and rightfully so. They desparately need a wakeup call. I for one am hopeing TO comes in here and stirs the pot. Then maybe we may find we have something brewing that the rest of the league has trouble dealing with. I'll take 10 TD and alittle locker room disention.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/30929918/ Hope this link works. I'm alittle new at this. Sorry I miss spelled Celizic

The media continues to rip TO and questions the Bills for the signing. Can anyone here give me a list of probowl wide outs that don't complain they aren't getting the ball enough?

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/30929918/ Hope this link works. I'm alittle new at this. Sorry I miss spelled Celizic

I wouldn't worry too much. Just a guess - I'd say 70% of NFL wide receivers are infantile at best, just to pick a number out of thin air.

For some reason, they can't comport themselves as men, choosing to act like 3 year-olds with diaper rash..."Its' All About Me!", armed with money and the usual paid-for predatory posse...

CBs are next in line, followed by RBs.

I love it when on the field, these strutting, preening roosters get their bells rung. It's a dull tone, though.

:pirate:

Everyone's jealous. What other teams in the NFL have two number 1 receivers? Both Evans and TO could be a number 1 receiver anywhere in the NFL. The bad news for the rest of the league, they both are on the Bills. Kelly is right. TO needs to be that guy on Monday, after a loss, to say hey what what the hell?

The media continues to rip TO and questions the Bills for the signing. Can anyone here give me a list of probowl wide outs that don't complain they aren't getting the ball enough? When TO was signed a friend, who is a Jets fan, was predicting gloom and doom for the Bills as TO will be a cancer in the locker room. I said to him I will be disappointed if he doesn't ruffle some feathers. DJ needs to be accountable for the lacklustre performances of this team and while I think TE has skills he definately needs some one to light a fire under his Arse. "Mr. check down" is not a good nickname for an NFL QB. Kelly called this team out and rightfully so. They desparately need a wakeup call. I for one am hopeing TO comes in here and stirs the pot. Then maybe we may find we have something brewing that the rest of the league has trouble dealing with. I'll take 10 TD and alittle locker room disention.

Steve Largent

Everyone's jealous. What other teams in the NFL have two number 1 receivers? Both Evans and TO could be a number 1 receiver anywhere in the NFL. The bad news for the rest of the league, they both are on the Bills. Kelly is right. TO needs to be that guy on Monday, after a loss, to say hey what what the hell?

There will be no Monday losses this year, keep that in mind.

I hope TO shakes things up some. The Bills haven't had real controversy in quite some time and they also haven't made the playoffs. I'm not neccessaritly saying one will lead to the other, but change might be good. I'm not a big TO fan, but he does want to win, believes that getting him the ball is the best way to do that and is vocal about it. Let's try it for a year and see what happens. The status quo for the last x number of years hasn't worked.

I love the TO signing, but what if he was signed by someone else? Especially in our division. We would be right at the front of the line in criticizing him. We would be using all the same arguments that we are now dismissing.

I'd be hoping that he'd "destroy" that team, but in the meantime, I'd be scared of what he'd bring on the field.

Yeah, if he was anywhere else, we'd all be ripping that team as well. Imagine what we'd be saying if the Fins signed him. And, yeah, it's to be expected that the media will publish all sorts of stories like this.

But I'd say the biggest difference for TO in Buffalo as opposed to TO most anywhere else is that we (the fans) will welcome TO calling out the QB and OC. Let's face it, we don't have an established OC. We don't have a Pro Bowl QB. We don't have a team that's full of proven guys competing for the playoffs each year. Typically, you'd think the HC would be the guy that comes in and shakes players up, trys to motivate them, calls out their mistakes. Well, we don't have that either. So, it seems, most of us are wanting/expecting TO will play that role.

Hope this link works. I'm alittle new at this. Sorry I miss spelled Celizic

Are you kidding? Have you seen the people here misspell words like "football" and never once use punctuation. I think you're doing just fine...

Personally i think the people around TO when he is the so called distruption are as much to blame as TO. TO just happens to be alittle louder. Everyone makes TO out to be some kind of one man recking crew. I just don't see how that is possible. TO got run out of dallas it was very apparent. He got run out of Dallas and blamed for their late season blowup's.

I just don't see how TO has anything to do with Romo's poor play in tight spots, injuries to the RB backfield last year, and poor defensive play.

It's no secret that Dallas overpaid for Roy Williams who is lazy and cannot play both WR positions. Roy could never shine in that offense because TO and Roy are similar type receivers.

I believe TO and Lee Evans will work out because Lee Evans is like Terry Glenn but tougher. Here are stats from 2006.

Receiving Statistics

Player Rec Yds Yds/Rec Long TD

Terrell Owens 85 1180 13.9 56 13

Terry Glenn 70 1047 15.0 54 6

Jason Witten 64 754 11.8 42 1

Patrick Crayton 36 516 14.3 53 4

If we can get similar stats out of our players and a few more TD's from the TE i think this is a very happy team.

Problem is that TO doesn't wait til Monday--he will be calling out his QB and his OC and his HC on the field and from the sidelines during the game. You guys pretend that you haven't seen this stuff from him in the past.

I love the TO signing, but what if he was signed by someone else? Especially in our division. We would be right at the front of the line in criticizing him. We would be using all the same arguments that we are now dismissing.

You're not supposed to point that out at this site.

Guest dog14787
I wouldn't worry too much. Just a guess - I'd say 70% of NFL wide receivers are infantile at best, just to pick a number out of thin air.

For some reason, they can't comport themselves as men, choosing to act like 3 year-olds with diaper rash..."Its' All About Me!", armed with money and the usual paid-for predatory posse...

CBs are next in line, followed by RBs.

I love it when on the field, these strutting, preening roosters get their bells rung. It's a dull tone, though.

:pirate:

You just named three of the toughest positions to play (aside from QB) as far as receiving savage hits or having to deliver them at high speed goes and it surprises you some of these men are cocky?

You just named three of the toughest positions to play (aside from QB) as far as receiving savage hits or having to deliver them at high speed goes and it surprises you some of these men are cocky?

Relax. When he played football they didn't have a forward pass so there were no WR's to be cocky. All offensive skill positions were called "halfback" and just continuously tossed the ball to each other until they were tackled. The next year, electricity was created.