I never thought I would say this, but ..

The wildcat offense equivalent to the K-gun? Are you kidding me? First of all, there is a huge talent differential between the players running the offense---lets see, a HOF QB, HOF RB, and 2 HOF WR's running the K-Gun versus exactly what running the wildcat? A guy that has trouble throwing the ball more than 20 yards, an RB that is always getting hurt, and a couple of Josh Reed type number receivers? Yeah--sounds pretty similar to me.

Second of all, the wildcat offense was basically a cute little tactic that caught a few teams offguard early in the season, but by the end of the season, it really didn't do much damage. They do not run the wildcat offense as their base formation. They use it a handful of times per game to try and create a mismatch somewhere. Lets get a grip here. Comparing some gimmick a team uses because they have very average skill players to one of the best offenses in NFL history is one of those things that make you shake your head because of its utter stupidity. Its so stupid, in all honesty, it really doesn't even warrant a response, but at the same time, the stupidity level of it makes you want to just ask "WTF are you thinking even writing something like that?!?"

Yes the Dolphins were much improved. They also perhaps overachieved more than any other team in the NFL based on what talent they had. If anything, I think the Dolphins will bounce back to reality this season and go 8-8 at best. The Dolphins cannot keep winning with smoke and mirrors---they still just don't have as much talent as the other teams in the division(including the Bills). The Bills underachieved last year, which seems to be a pretty common theme with Jauron coached teams. This year, they theoretically have more talent, but they are also playing a much harder schedule on paper(as is the entire AFC East). The Bills could actually be a better team, but still finish with the same record or a worse record, just because they don't have a bunch of patsies to play against on their schedule this year.

First off, CALM DOWN. I never said in my post that the Wildcat offense was as good as the Kelly led K-Gun! I simply was referring to the fact that it was something new and innovative that helped their team win games after going 1-15 the year prior. They won the division, Chuckles! Give credit where its due.. putting aside our hatred for the Dolfags for a moment, They beat the Pats* in their yard! Something that we haven't done for 10 years!! You go ahead and try to convince yourself that it was all "smoke and mirrors" I for one and I know there are others, are a little concerned about whats to come against year 2 of the wildcat offense. :lol:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Patriots will be better than the Dolphins, however you are correct in fearing the Fish as well. They bolstered their secondary big time, also the pass rush should be improved. Their O-Line has been upgraded too. They do have some issues at QB and WR still but the over all depth has been improved. They have a hard schedule so they may not make the post season, I just hope they don't sweep us again this season.

(GULP) the Miami Dolphins! As much as we hate to admit it, they are the team in our division that showed the most dramatic improvement in the league. That cursed Bill Parcells continues his knack for taking teams in the crapper and turning them into contenders. To think that all the success they had with the Wildcat last year will only improve in its 2nd year, and now with the addition of this "slash-type player" Pat White its liable to be opened up even more! I kept waiting for Chad "int" Pennington to return to form but he played well, Joey Porter thrived in his new role and now they get Jason Taylor back. Bill Parcells will continue to haunt this team as if it was 1991 all over again!

I keep hearing the talking heads saying that the Pats* are still the team to beat in the AFCE, I just don't believe that Brady* is going to be the same QB we're used to seeing. Over a year out of football, the psychological effects of the knee injury, and the teams' overall losses at key positions ie: corners in particular will be too much to overcome.

The Jets, I think this team over-achieved offensively with Brett at QB and in spite of all the good moves they made defensively, they won't be able to score enough points in this division to compete.

Maybe I'm completely wrong on these assumptions about the upcoming season, what do you guys think? Anyone else see the wildcat offense as being similar to the K-gun offense for us in the early 90's? :blink:

hahahaha, are you serious? So the 16-0 Pats who were dropping 40pts+ like it was nothing, who now have more weapons this year than that year, and the key weapons of that year (Moss and Welker) are now 2 years in the system (where that 2007 was both their first year) somehow dont scare you?

This team destroyed us, not beat us, destroyed us, and pretty much every other team in the league that year, and now they have even more weapons...Yet, Miami is the scary team?

(GULP) the Miami Dolphins! As much as we hate to admit it, they are the team in our division that showed the most dramatic improvement in the league. That cursed Bill Parcells continues his knack for taking teams in the crapper and turning them into contenders. To think that all the success they had with the Wildcat last year will only improve in its 2nd year, and now with the addition of this "slash-type player" Pat White its liable to be opened up even more! I kept waiting for Chad "int" Pennington to return to form but he played well, Joey Porter thrived in his new role and now they get Jason Taylor back. Bill Parcells will continue to haunt this team as if it was 1991 all over again!

I keep hearing the talking heads saying that the Pats* are still the team to beat in the AFCE, I just don't believe that Brady* is going to be the same QB we're used to seeing. Over a year out of football, the psychological effects of the knee injury, and the teams' overall losses at key positions ie: corners in particular will be too much to overcome.

The Jets, I think this team over-achieved offensively with Brett at QB and in spite of all the good moves they made defensively, they won't be able to score enough points in this division to compete.

Maybe I'm completely wrong on these assumptions about the upcoming season, what do you guys think? Anyone else see the wildcat offense as being similar to the K-gun offense for us in the early 90's? :blink:

Oh, and in case you were wondering about Brady, we are talking about the QB that had the slowest 40 time, lowest high jump, and weakest bench press ever at the combine...he doesnt rely a lot on explosiveness, so even with a bum knee he should be lethal...

I think it is a gimmik that will start to sputter, especially in the division, as teams figure out how to defend it. That being said, given that we were 0-6 in the division last year and the fact that Brady is back, I am not sure we are in any position to be dismissive of any team in our division. In fact, if I was an NFL head coach and I had to schedule one game against an AFC East team, I would want it to be the Bills. They were 0-6 in the division last year and their biggest off season move was to divest itself of a pro bowler in his prime. Their second biggest move was to add the most divisive pain in the a%% WR in the league who is decidedly not in his prime.

Until we prove otherwise, on the field, we will be the Rodney Dangerfield of the AFC East. We will get our chance to do that right off the bat.

Oh, and in case you were wondering about Brady, we are talking about the QB that had the slowest 40 time, lowest high jump, and weakest bench press ever at the combine...he doesnt rely a lot on explosiveness, so even with a bum knee he should be lethal...

At the same time, legs are very important to a QB in their throwing motion. If their legs are weak or not strong, it could be a problem. That said, I assume Brady will be 100% and have penciled in 2 losses to the Pats* all ready. :blink:

the wild cat caught a few teams off guard. AND

We had Loss-man as out QB for 3 games. And we had Edwards for the others who was just as bad as Losman has ever played in about 8 of those games and aboslutely horrendous in his 4 divisional games

Fixed...

hahahaha, are you serious? So the 16-0 Pats who were dropping 40pts+ like it was nothing, who now have more weapons this year than that year, and the key weapons of that year (Moss and Welker) are now 2 years in the system (where that 2007 was both their first year) somehow dont scare you?

This team destroyed us, not beat us, destroyed us, and pretty much every other team in the league that year, and now they have even more weapons...Yet, Miami is the scary team?

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, They're a bunch of cheaters that continue to get older... The pendulum will swing back our way again and the Pats* dynasty will always have an * attached to it! :lol:

the wild cat caught a few teams off guard

sounds to me like the coaches took less than average talent that went 1-15 the year before and found a way to use some gimmicks like the Wildcat to improve to a playoff team in 1 year.

they convinced the players they could win then demanded that they play to a playoff level.

Bills players take Dick's lead and know that losing is OK

I have not seen this discussed but I PRAY that Miami runs that wildcat as much as they did last year

If I saw a team running the wildcat against a team I coached and they actually left there starting QB on the field....I would send my meanest nastiest defensive hitter to clean that QB's clock on each and every posession......

Then they go back to conventional and the QB with his bell rung and nobody knows it throws the pick for the touchdown........

That QB is seriously not going to last the season......

I honestly dont know how we are going to do this year....I do know that people are putting way to much respect to other teams in our division

- Pats....one hit away from a losing season...everything depends on one player

- Fins....PLEASE keep running dat der wildcat and leaving Pennington on the field

- Jets....rookie QB

I have not seen this discussed but I PRAY that Miami runs that wildcat as much as they did last year

If I saw a team running the wildcat against a team I coached and they actually left there starting QB on the field....I would send my meanest nastiest defensive hitter to clean that QB's clock on each and every posession......

Then they go back to conventional and the QB with his bell rung and nobody knows it throws the pick for the touchdown........

That QB is seriously not going to last the season......

I honestly dont know how we are going to do this year....I do know that people are putting way to much respect to other teams in our division

- Pats....one hit away from a losing season...everything depends on one player

- Fins....PLEASE keep running dat der wildcat and leaving Pennington on the field

- Jets....rookie QB

pretty short sighted homerism

Miami recognized the risk their QB so they went out and got a real QB to run the Wildcat.

With Pat White there is no need to have Chad on the field wasting a position.

Miami is being innovative and pro active in creating an edge that will help them win - sort of like what the Bills did with the K-gun no huddle eons ago

we get Dick and the same ol non-functional crap

So you are going to have duel role QB's

We will see how that works out.........

worked good enough last year with Ronnie Brown (who couldn't throw) to make the playoffs.

maybe if the Bills were being teh innovative ones, you wouldn't be so defensive about creative offense.

OK, lets evaluate:

QB:

1- New England: Brady clearly the best

2- Miami- Pennington rates 2nd

3- Buffalo

4- NY

RB:

1- Miami- Williams and Brown

2- Buffalo- Jackson and eventually Lynch

3- NY

4- New England

WR/TE:

1- New England

2- Buffalo

3- NY

4- Miami

OL

1-Miami

2- New England

3- NY

4- Buffalo

DL

1- New England

2- NY

3- Miami

4- Buffalo

LB:

1- Miami

2-New England

3- NY

4- Buffalo

DB

1- New England

2- Buffalo

3- Miami

4- NY

So there you have it- we will try to get a win against New York, but I'm not sure if we can do that.

OK, lets evaluate:

QB:

1- New England: Brady clearly the best

2- Miami- Pennington rates 2nd

3- Buffalo

4- NY

RB:

1- Miami- Williams and Brown

2- Buffalo- Jackson and eventually Lynch

3- NY

4- New England

WR/TE:

1- New England

2- Buffalo

3- NY

4- Miami

OL

1-Miami

2- New England

3- NY

4- Buffalo

DL

1- New England

2- NY

3- Miami

4- Buffalo

LB:

1- Miami

2-New England

3- NY

4- Buffalo

DB

1- New England

2- Buffalo

3- Miami

4- NY

So there you have it- we will try to get a win against New York, but I'm not sure if we can do that.

What did you have the teams ranked before last year? I'm sure your rankings would have had the Fins winning the division. :devil:

worked good enough last year with Ronnie Brown (who couldn't throw) to make the playoffs.

maybe if the Bills were being teh innovative ones, you wouldn't be so defensive about creative offense.

Spartacus

You need to get over yourself as I am not "defensive" about anything....just giving my opinion.

The wild cat is a gimmic offense.......so is the hurry up offense that the bills ran back in the glory days. The reason why the hurry up worked so well for so long wasnt the offense itself it was the talent of the players running it. If it truly was the offense then other teams would have ran it as this is a copy cat league.

The wildcat offense started to not be as effective for Miami as the season went on. As defenses got more game film on it they devised defenses to stop it. It has its place as a change up and that is shown because other teams are running it here and there but it will not be the be all end all that will get Miami to a winning record this season. And if you are running duel role qb's then you are taking Pennington out of the equation......not exactly the situation you want for the leader of your team.

But maybe you are right....I am a bit old fashion. On my team the hogs on the line have to win their battles.....receivers have to create separation.....and you have to run the ball when you have the horses to do so. And you just keep getting first downs till you run into the end zone.

My offense isn't as flashy......but if you are doing it right its unstoppable.