Waterboarding

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some think it helped save lives, others think that is a useless torture technique.

What do you think?

Those are good questions that may never be answered.

Some people also say that waterboarding is an effective recruitment tactic for Al Quaeda. Of course this notion is completely made up and does nothing except display that people will believe anything they read. That Americans are being displayed as so gullible is really the recruiting tool.

It's not as bad as skateboarding.

Sure, it's ok though for the bad guys to cut the heads off of our guys, aqnd blow them up with roadside bombs.

It's not as bad as skateboarding.

Sure, it's ok though for the bad guys to cut the heads off of our guys, aqnd blow them up with roadside bombs.

:thumbsup:

Where has anyone here or anywhere said that. Find a post for me, otherwise quit making stupid comparisons. The question is whether, as a country, we should uphold higher moral standards or drop ourselves to a more savage level.

:thumbsup:

Where has anyone here or anywhere said that. Find a post for me, otherwise quit making stupid comparisons. The question is whether, as a country, we should uphold higher moral standards or drop ourselves to a more savage level.

why is waterboarding savage? Not disagreeing with you, but just wondering why you believe it to be so

Gee, maybe our soldiers shouldn't use real ammo in their weapons. Cause it's just cruel that the people they are aiming at may get hurt. Maybe we should just try to reason with the people we catch to get info out of them. They surely will understand and give it up willingly being the civilized bunch they are. Or better yet, lets hire hookers to blow em for the info.

It's not useless to people like Dick Cheney who was willing to get false information as long as it was what he wanted to hear, namely a terrorist saying there was a link between 9/11 and Iraq so he could use it to support the administration's false claims. But if you want true information, it's useless, as has been stated my many military and CIA veterans who are familiar with the results.

It's not useless to people like Dick Cheney who was willing to get false information as long as it was what he wanted to hear, namely a terrorist saying there was a link between 9/11 and Iraq so he could use it to support the administration's false claims. But if you want true information, it's useless, as has been stated my many military and CIA veterans who are familiar with the results.

I think you have the CIA and FBI confused

"snip"

By presidential decision, last month we saw the selective release of documents relating to enhanced interrogations. This is held up as a bold exercise in open government, honoring the public’s right to know. We’re informed, as well, that there was much agonizing over this decision.

Yet somehow, when the soul-searching was done and the veil was lifted on the policies of the Bush administration, the public was given less than half the truth. The released memos were carefully redacted to leave out references to what our government learned through the methods in question. Other memos, laying out specific terrorist plots that were averted, apparently were not even considered for release. For reasons the administration has yet to explain, they believe the public has a right to know the method of the questions, but not the content of the answers.

If you are being waterboarded....you probably deserve it

Did you know that during the Salem witch trials, any women suspected of being a witch was held under water for a certain amount of time. If she survived, she was a witch & burned at the stake. If she died, they apologized to her family.

Part of me thinks that at war, anything goes. Torture doesn't last since the beginning of time if it didn't work. However, the other part of me thinks that if you are willing to torture another human, how are you any better than "criminals" you are trying to catch?

Plus, tubing is way more fun.

Some think it helped save lives, others think that is a useless torture technique.

What do you think?

I think according to Saturday Night Live last week, Harry Carey going to do it to Asian Pete Rose... Harry hates being duped. :thumbsup: