Waterboarding

WAR is hideous.

Our record in it is...pretty much normal, actually.

I remember my father telling a story of how the Chinese were over running them in Korea. Many many hand to hand battles to the death. He said, and I quote" They're no !@#$ing Marcus of Queensbury rules in war."

Thanks for your service, Dad.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How quickly we forget. It wasn't even a decade ago when just about everyone here in the U.S was paralyzed and afraid to travel, gather in public places and enjoy our way of life, and we absolutely demanded safety from our government. Now that the previous administration is seen as a failure it is ok to kick them in their azz on the way out and accuse them of "torturing" 3 scumbags that are responsable for killing thousands of lives. When it was obvious that they were dead set on continuing to attack the US and there were continuted threats on our homeland and overseas targets, and they weren't fessing up to their plans, Shocker! So we tried something different. You know what the definition of insanity is right? When you continue to do the same thing over and over and expect to have a different result.

I'm sorry, I don't sympathize with these guys for interrogating them in a controlled manner. In regards to it being effective or not, the CIA and counterterrorism experts seem to think otherwise.

Say what.. I believe that was all of you chicken littles believing the sh-- fed to you by Washington insiders.

I worked 1 block from the news paper place American Media in Boca Raton that got anthrax the letter(s), which is 500 feet from wher I ate lunch regularily, both before and after.

My beef is that this "waterboarding" procedure is ineffective.

The Obama administration is holding documents to either prove or refute this statement, which you, yourself are unable to prove beyond some other person's opinion. Opinions aren't fact. Obama has the facts. But he won't release them.

I'll ask again: if, as the president said, there is no overriding reason to protect the first memos, what is the overriding reason for protecting the results???

Face it. You've got nuthin'.

Say what.. I believe that was all of you chicken littles believing the sh-- fed to you by Washington insiders.

I worked 1 block from the news paper place American Media in Boca Raton that got anthrax the letter(s), which is 500 feet from wher I ate lunch regularily, both before and after.

Chicken sh-- fed to me by Washington insiders????

oh really? Oil demand here in the US significantly dropped for over a year. Air travel was decimated, tourism hammered and oh ya, how about the recession of 2001/2002, do you think that the 9/11 attacks may have worsened the situation we were in?

Like I said earlier, you've been duped by the successful smear job of the Obama/Gibbs campaign trail.

What's 60%? Kobe shot 46.7% this season and 45.5% on his career%.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kobe_bryant/index.html

I guess it isn't worth him playing basketball anymore.

The difference between Adam's stats and yours is that Adam's are totally made up where yours are documented. If you document statistics you must also document your conclusions. If you make up your stats you can also make up your conclusions.

What's 60%? Kobe shot 46.7% this season and 45.5% on his career%.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kobe_bryant/index.html

I guess it isn't worth him playing basketball anymore.

It just reminded me of the Ron Burgandy quote from Anchorman. I'm a huge Laker fan, I know that Kobe Bryant isn't a 60% career shooter. Neither is anyone else currently playing in the NBA for that matter. I was actually agreeing with your point.

The difference between Adam's stats and yours is that Adam's are totally made up where yours are documented. If you document statistics you must also document your conclusions. If you make up your stats you can also make up your conclusions.

Bingo :ph34r:

Question: Who would Jesus water board?

Answer: People who stop at nothing to take the lives of innocent people.

PUNCH!!

:ph34r:

You're not a Christian are you? Where has Jesus ever used torture in the Bible? He was tortured at the end and still he didn't want his disciples to go out and start a war against the Jews and Romans. Go back and re-read your Bible. You're getting really effed up ideas about who Jesus was and what he stood for. Just because you want to justify your immoral thoughts don't try to paint Jesus as a different person so that he fits your sick world view. :ph34r:

I hope I'm there when you try to explain that comment to him in the afterlife.

This is a good one. An obnoxious conservative talk show host wants to get waterboarded to prove to everyone that it's not torture. He does it for about ten seconds, and it's horrible, and he says it's way worse than he thought it would be and it's "absolutely torture". Moron. :D

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/22/m...o_n_206906.html

When is Hannity stepping up to the plate?

This is a good one. An obnoxious conservative talk show host wants to get waterboarded to prove to everyone that it's not torture. He does it for about ten seconds, and it's horrible, and he says it's way worse than he thought it would be and it's "absolutely torture". Moron. :ph34r:

Why wont obama release the results of the water boarding? DC knows why. Politics, money and power at the potential expense of the American people.

I wonder what kind of info dickhead gave the torture experts. :ph34r:

This is a good one. An obnoxious conservative talk show host wants to get waterboarded to prove to everyone that it's not torture. He does it for about ten seconds, and it's horrible, and he says it's way worse than he thought it would be and it's "absolutely torture". Moron. :ph34r:

Christopher Hitchens came to the same conclusion as Mancow.

Christopher Hitchens came to the same conclusion as Mancow.

I'm sure he had plenty of info WRT terrorists activities. Man, Thank God we have people like this subjecting themselves to such excruciating torture for the ligitimite safety of the American people.

Great post.

Actually, mine wan't made up- it was just a number I was throwing out there. Maybe I should have said that beforehand....personally, I don't care. The terrorists are trained for take things worse than waterboarding- that alone invalidates it. Maybe it worked on the civilians that were being held at Abu Ghraib.......

Just remember, if they would do it to us, then it justifies it. :D

So you're saying that U.S. forces use "torture" techniques simply because they enjoy doing it? Really? And what other ways are "much better to get actionable information" from terrorists and suspected terrorists who want absolutely nothing to do with sharing any information about their operations and counterparts?

From what I understand, police style interrogations have been extremely effective. The so-called war on terror actually has helped the terrorists more than us- and no, I am not talking about "making them mad and helping recruitment"

:unsure::blink::wacko::doh:

Dude, get over it.....I was throwing a random number out there.....I didn't want to say 90 percent and I didn't want to say 10 percent. If it were that accurate, we should use it in criminal cases

PUNCH!!

:blink:

You're not a Christian are you? Where has Jesus ever used torture in the Bible? He was tortured at the end and still he didn't want his disciples to go out and start a war against the Jews and Romans. Go back and re-read your Bible. You're getting really effed up ideas about who Jesus was and what he stood for. Just because you want to justify your immoral thoughts don't try to paint Jesus as a different person so that he fits your sick world view. :unsure:

I hope I'm there when you try to explain that comment to him in the afterlife.

When is Hannity stepping up to the plate?

First off, the whole punch thing is getting a little old, and is a pretty weak attempt at humor in the first place. You are obviously incredibely appalled by this waterboarding issue. I wasn't making any assertions about Christianity with my last post, I was simply mocking your ridiculous excuse for a religious campaign of sorts against waterboarding in your signature. Don't question my Christianity just because you're having a difficult time accepting the fact that waterboarding is an effective procedure and has/will make this country much safer.

Well, General Patreus never believed in waterboarding and other techniques other than Geneva Convention, and does believe in closing Gitmo.

I think, on balance, that those moves help [us]," said the chief of U.S. Central Command. "In fact, I have long been on record as having testified and also in helping write doctrine for interrogation techniques that are completely in line with the Geneva Convention. And as a division commander in Iraq in the early days, we put out guidance very early on to make sure that our soldiers, in fact, knew that we needed to stay within those guidelines.

"With respect to Guantanamo," Petraeus added, "I think that the closure in a responsible manner, obviously one that is certainly being worked out now by the Department of Justice -- I talked to the Attorney General the other day [and] they have a very intensive effort ongoing to determine, indeed, what to do with the detainees who are left, how to deal with them in a legal way, and if continued incarceration is necessary -- again, how to take that forward. But doing that in a responsible manner, I think, sends an important message to the world, as does the commitment of the United States to observe the Geneva Convention when it comes to the treatment of detainees."