Enough with these gay jokes...not really funny

have a yabba dabba doo time,

a dabba doo time,

we'll have a gay old time

I had to attend a 1950s music show put on by an oldsters' chorus group recently.

The changed the lyrics of "The Great Pretender" because it says "...just laughing and gay like a clown".

They made it "laughing all day like a clown" or some such.

Pretty ridiculous, IMO.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't feel like it's PC. You really don't see anyone commenting on how our RB needs be be less niggardly (yes it's a word and it doesn't mean what you think, nor is it even correctly used here much like gay=stupid) when he gets arrested. It's just not appropriate so people don't do it (at least in a public forum).

If you accept that about 10% of the populace is homosexual then you have to figure that there about 5 gay players on the team at any one time.

But no one would say that.. niggardly sounds so gay. Maybe our RB needs to be less thug or g. But then, someone would call me a poser. Crap, on second thought, maybe it's better to be gay.

My two cents: On the one hand, there is too much insensitivity in the world and on the other, people are offended by the slightest remark. I don't think there is anything wrong with jokes unless they are intending to be mean spirited.

Example: What do you call a bouncer at a gay bar? A flamethrower. To me, it's just a manipulation of slang terms to create an already existing word and is not intended to be mean-spirited.

In conclusion, I feel jokes are fine as long as their intention isn't to be denegrating.

Has anyone come out of the closet yet ? Who is still in the closet and what are you looking for ? I found a pair of old slippers that had been shoved way to the back of the closet .Found the cat in the back sleeping on some clothes that had fallen on the floor . How often do you check out your closet ? :wacko:

My air conditioner came out of the closet a couple weeks ago.

I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says "Shenanigans."

Hey Farva what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy sh-- on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?

ok, not really a fan of Andrew Dice Clay. I have no idea what "vazeline" is.

All vazeline is is vaseline in the Dicemans NYC accent. You have to see him to understand I guess, the way he pronounces things is a big part of his comedy.

Atta boy......admission is the first step towards reconciliation. :lol:

That piece of paper that is included with a job application - the one that is *optional* - your race/sex/ethnicity. It's optional in the sense that if you don't fill it out, they optionally toss your application into the trash can.

Tip: ALWAYS check "Other". :lol: