Eminem set to release "Relapse"...

Justice

i downloaded it and listened to a couple tracks last week.

i cant think of many other albums that ive deleted so quickly.

still talking about his mom. still talking about celebrities no one cares about.

the way he writes is catchy, everyone likes syncopation. but his subject matter makes it a worthless listen. meh.

whatever do you mean??? I actually downloaded it as well but haven't listened to it all yet so i will refrain from further comment......

So crack a bottle, let your body waddle

Don't act like a snobby model

You just hit the lotto

Uh oh uh oh, bitches hopping in my Tahoe

Got one riding shotgun and no not one of them got gloves

Now where's the rubbers? Who's got the rubbers?

I noticed there's so many of them and there's really not that many of us

Ladies love us and my posse's kicking up dust

It's on till the break of dawn and we're starting this party from dusk

i downloaded it and listened to a couple tracks last week.

i cant think of many other albums that ive deleted so quickly.

still talking about his mom. still talking about celebrities no one cares about.

the way he writes is catchy, everyone likes syncopation. but his subject matter makes it a worthless listen. meh.

Looking forward to it. Going to be a good summer:

May 19: Eminem "Relapse"

June 23: Killswitch Engage "Killswitch Engage" and Lil Wayne "Rebirth"

September: New Hatebreed

Haven't listened to the new Green Day yet, but I heard it's good.

Looking forward to it. Going to be a good summer:

May 19: Eminem "Relapse"

June 23: Killswitch Engage "Killswitch Engage" and Lil Wayne "Rebirth"

September: New Hatebreed

Haven't listened to the new Green Day yet, but I heard it's good.

21st Century Breakdown is, simply put, brilliant. To me, it's miles ahead of American Idiot which was pretty darn good in it's own right. Green Day goes down as the greatest band of my generation, without much competition. Maybe the Red Hot Chili Peppers, they're still going strong. But not Coldplay.

By the way, I think Eminem is a decent rapper but VERY overrated. He had two legitimately great songs, Lose Yourself and Stan (feat. Dido), but except for those I find most of his stuff pretty banal.

I agree. Particularly recently, he has become pretty redundant, IMO. He never really changed anything about his style or the points that he tries to convey with his lyrics for the last decade. Those two are good, but I think there are some lesser-known songs that are actually better than the ones that made it on most of the airwaves. Personal favorites are Bully, 'Till I Collapse (Listen to that before a game if you wanna get the adrenaline going a bit :thumbdown: ), Soldier, Curtains Down, and at the top of my list, Drug Ballad.

By the way, I think Eminem is a decent rapper but VERY overrated. He had two legitimately great songs, Lose Yourself and Stan (feat. Dido), but except for those I find most of his stuff pretty banal.

While I agree (Eminem's albums in my opinion have gotten progressively less amazing), I think the worst thing a rapper can do is change his style.

By the way, has anybody heard the latest Capadonna?

By the way, has anybody heard the latest Capadonna?

While he's no Shorty Shitstain, Capadonna has to be one of the worst rap names ever. Is it supposed to be some combination of Capone and Madonna? Or does he want to bust a cap in Madonna? Either way, it suuuuuucccckkkkks.

agreed on eminem, he's a very good rapper, very witty and his style is unique. i also agree that he's had only a few really good songs and the rest are ok. i dont agree on which songs, but thats not the point.

and i cant agree more on green day. one of my favorite bands. brought back the 2 minute song in the mid-90s. loved em from the beginning, loved em through the "its cool to hate green day" era. still love em.

but i wouldnt put green day and RHCP in the same generation. IMO, the generation is basically cut-off as pre-1992 and post-1992. Green Day is what the next generation was listening to in 1995 after everyone was done with RHCP/Jane's Addiction/Lollapalooza/Grunge scene of the early 90s. RHCP belongs to Gen-X since they came up in the 80s (since 84) and peaked in 1992. Green Day belongs to Gen-Next. Splitting hairs, but I'm bored :thumbdown:

agreed on eminem, he's a very good rapper, very witty and his style is unique. i also agree that he's had only a few really good songs and the rest are ok. i dont agree on which songs, but thats not the point.

and i cant agree more on green day. one of my favorite bands. brought back the 2 minute song in the mid-90s. loved em from the beginning, loved em through the "its cool to hate green day" era. still love em.

but i wouldnt put green day and RHCP in the same generation. IMO, the generation is basically cut-off as pre-1992 and post-1992. Green Day is what the next generation was listening to in 1995 after everyone was done with RHCP/Jane's Addiction/Lollapalooza/Grunge scene of the early 90s. RHCP belongs to Gen-X since they came up in the 80s (since 84) and peaked in 1992. Green Day belongs to Gen-Next. Splitting hairs, but I'm bored :thumbdown:

Did the RHCP really peak in 1992 though? I'd argue that 2006's Stadium Arcadium is the band's masterpiece.

Did the RHCP really peak in 1992 though? I'd argue that 2006's Stadium Arcadium is the band's masterpiece.

Now there's a band I can't stand. Of course, with the exception of the amazing "Soul to Squeeze."

id argue that Stadium Arcadium is simply a return to the formula that got them their peak. rick rubin, back. the haunted mansion recording location, back. john frusciante, back (i realize he's been back for a while). :thumbsup:

ill have to give the album a second listen tonight. admittedly, ever since Californication ive kinda moved on.

I was a HUUUGE chilli peppers fan from about Uplift Mofo Party Plan, on. i was only 9 when my oldest cousin gave me a copy of UMPP, and the next year Mother's Milk dropped. the earlier stuff is way more raw, way more powerful, way more original. it all came together for BSSM and they found their sound that let them crossover.

but then they sorta dropped off. it's good to hear they got back to what worked the best so far, but ill have to listen to Stadium the whole way through before i can really agree or disagree. had i judged BSSM on "Under the Bridge" alone, i probably wouldve stopped being a fan altogether...

you also raise another interesting point, can a band's "best" work be produced past their prime? after theyve stopped writing music while living in the streets, and since theyve moved to a cushy, millionaire life. after that angst and energy of being in your 20s fades.

not taking anything away from their musicianship, but can they be inspired enough to write relevant, influential, original Rock music after their generation is taking their kids to soccer games? (this question isnt about RHCP specifically, but this will be a good test)

id argue that Stadium Arcadium is simply a return to the formula that got them their peak. rick rubin, back. the haunted mansion recording location, back. john frusciante, back (i realize he's been back for a while). :thumbsup:

ill have to give the album a second listen tonight. admittedly, ever since Californication ive kinda moved on.

I was a HUUUGE chilli peppers fan from about Uplift Mofo Party Plan, on. i was only 9 when my oldest cousin gave me a copy of UMPP, and the next year Mother's Milk dropped. the earlier stuff is way more raw, way more powerful, way more original. it all came together for BSSM and they found their sound that let them crossover.

but then they sorta dropped off. it's good to hear they got back to what worked the best so far, but ill have to listen to Stadium the whole way through before i can really agree or disagree. had i judged BSSM on "Under the Bridge" alone, i probably wouldve stopped being a fan altogether...

you also raise another interesting point, can a band's "best" work be produced past their prime? after theyve stopped writing music while living in the streets, and since theyve moved to a cushy, millionaire life. after that angst and energy of being in your 20s fades.

not taking anything away from their musicianship, but can they be inspired enough to write relevant, influential, original Rock music after their generation is taking their kids to soccer games? (this question isnt about RHCP specifically, but this will be a good test)

That actually is a very good question. I think that many GOOD bands fade because they lose their edge. GREAT bands, on the other hand, are essentially timeless because of their musicianship and (in many cases) raw instrumental energy. One guy that pops into my head is Dave Grohl...I think that he's one of those guys that will be rocking well into his 70s.

We can even start to throw Green Day themselves into this category. Have you read the May edition of Rolling Stone? The cover story is largely about Billie Joe Armstrong, and what I read surprised me. The dude is basically a suburbanite who coaches his sons' Little League teams (true story, and a great mental image if you think of him coaching in his punk garb), and yet he still has a very deep, dark reservoir of emotion and passion for music from which to draw.

Armstrong, Dirnt, and Tre are all 37 now, which might not quite be "past their prime", but it's still impressive to see them churning out good music a couple decades after they started as angsty teens.

The entire world except for you will pencil in Eminem as one of the greatest rappers that ever lived. I always had a feeling you were a little off your rocker, I'm glad I trusted my gut.