Fast Freddie's contract extension numbers / terms are.......

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills screwed him, IMO. And we continue to either underpay or overpay.

A solid back-up RB who worked his ass off, always produced, and is counted on to start three important games, is worth more than 1.9 million, and the going rate seems to be 2.5. The Bills gave Drayton Florence 3.3 mil a year to be a back-up CB.

How did the Bills screw him? He signed the contract that was proposed to him. Takes two to tango

How did the Bills screw him? He signed the contract that was proposed to him. Takes two to tango

Freddie is earning alot more than year than he would of otherwise with this contract. If you add the extra money he is making over the next 2 years versus what the Bills could have given him, you'll see that this is more than fair for both sides.

Exactly. A voice of reason. I will go one further,his agent also was involved. To me this sounds like a guy being realistic and thankful.

Realistic- He is in his lates 20's playing RB. He would turn 32 by the time this contract is up.

Thankful- The Bills saw enough in him to bring him over form the Arena League.

Oh and stop feeling sorry for the guy. He is going to make 7.5 million, if he plays out the whole deal.

How many families in Buffalo would it take to equal that number.

Actually, it's called having an opinion. That's why I said, 'The Bills screwed him, in my opinion.'

It's also my opinion that virtually all posts here are poster's opinions, and they should be able to have one, even PromoTheRobot. It doesn't make anyone the arbiter of what is fair or not.

It's also my opinion that the PTR at the end of all your posts is not only redundant and stupid, since your name is at the very top of your posts like everyone else's, but it also defeats your intended purpose because when anyone is finished reading each redundant PTR post, you remind them it was you who just typed something so stupid.

Yes they are opinions, but you make damn sure everybody knows them. As for my "PTR", I consider it a trademark, a brand that visually identifies my post as mine. Sort of like seeing any post that pisses and moans about the Bills. I can pretty much count it came from you. That's branding.

PTR

Yes they are opinions, but you make damn sure everybody knows them. As for my "PTR", I consider it a trademark, a brand that visually identifies my post as mine. Sort of like seeing any post that pisses and moans about the Bills. I can pretty much count it came from you. That's branding.

PTR

When I think of the people who constantly annoy me on here with their negativity, Kelly is pretty far down the list.

That argument doesn't hold weight, when the Bills are the ONLY team Fred can negotiate with. He could have taken the minimum (far less) for one year, and then been at their mercy once more, next year.

I don't think he got screwed, but in Fred's current situation it doesn't take two to tango...it only takes one. Fred can choose to dance with the Bills, or sit home.

When I think of the people who constantly annoy me on here with their negativity, Kelly is pretty far down the list.

The very bottom, IMO. The posts accusing him of not being a good Bills fan, because he doesn't agree with the contract are flat-out stupid. I disagree with him, to a degree, but he makes his case logically, and without the BS that many here throw around.

I read, in my opinion, three good points that I agree with. 1: The Bills sometimes seem reluctant (almost always) to pay their own, who prove to be worth paying. 2: They overpay at a few positions, which could be an aftermath of previous F.O. guys, but, they were willing to hand over much more for Florence, who most likely wasn't intended to see the field more than 20 to 30 percent of the plays. 3: If we're pinching pennies and have - as I've read on PFT, somewhere like 12 million still in cap space - then why not tip the scales on a couple of free agents that could improve our team?

On the main subject, I have liked everything I've seen of Jackson, and I think we should've made him feel appreciated, and paid accordingly. I don't know if he feels that way. I guess we'll see if he performs as he has in the past. He probably wouldn't have signed it if he didn't feel it was good enough.

And, I also agree - we're talking about sums of money that I could live off of, and probably house my son and any future kids, for a long, long time with. So, it's kind of contextual.

That argument doesn't hold weight, when the Bills are the ONLY team Fred can negotiate with. He could have taken the minimum (far less) for one year, and then been at their mercy once more, next year.

I don't think he got screwed, but in Fred's current situation it doesn't take two to tango...it only takes one. Fred can choose to dance with the Bills, or sit home.

The very bottom, IMO. The posts accusing him of not being a good Bills fan, because he doesn't agree with the contract are flat-out stupid. I disagree with him, to a degree, but he makes his case logically, and without the BS that many here throw around.

There is no shortage of posters here who have a strict definition of what constitutes being a "good (or true) Bills fan". I disagree with Kelly the Fair & Balanced Dog as often as I agree with him, but I would never question his fanhood! :devil: He is a Bills fan in every sense of he idea. If he wasn't, he wouldn't give two craps that the Bills screwed Fred Jackson...

The Bills screwed him, IMO. And we continue to either underpay or overpay.

A solid back-up RB who worked his ass off, always produced, and is counted on to start three important games, is worth more than 1.9 million, and the going rate seems to be 2.5. The Bills gave Drayton Florence 3.3 mil a year to be a back-up CB.

Saying the Bills screwed him makes absolutely no sense. Fred Jackson and his agent agreed to terms of the contract. The Bills didn't hold a gun to his head; BOTH sides negotiated the contract. Your point is moot.

....and he's very, very handsome. :devil:

So are you, -b.....so are you. :w00t:

Saying the Bills screwed him makes absolutely no sense. Fred Jackson and his agent agreed to terms of the contract. The Bills didn't hold a gun to his head; BOTH sides negotiated the contract. Your point is moot.

Actually, it may not be true, but it makes a lot of sense. And it has been addressed fully in the 73 previous posts to yours in this thread. What is truly a moot point, at least in the little or no practical value or meaning sense of the word, is your post and point, which has already been explored, dissected, possibly debunked, and debated thoroughly above.

Actually, it may not be true, but it makes a lot of sense. And it has been addressed fully in the 73 previous posts to yours in this thread. What is truly a moot point, at least in the little or no practical value or meaning sense of the word, is your post and point, which has already been explored, dissected, possibly debunked, and debated thoroughly already above.

Debunked, LOL. You just never get to use that enough in a sentence during the week.