Holmgren anyone?

On total access last night on NFL Network, Mike Holmgren said he was going to take this year off, but wants to get back in the NFL in 2010. Who on this board would like to see him replace Dick next year?

There is no way Mike comes to Buffalo. The Bills will not pay him enough to come.

I think he would be a good fit. He has coached in cold weather before. He knows how to bring up a QB. He hand picked Matt for the Seattle Job. I live in Seattle and he was well liked by the fans and the media.

On total access last night on NFL Network, Mike Holmgren said he was going to take this year off, but wants to get back in the NFL in 2010. Who on this board would like to see him replace Dick next year?

More importantly, who on this board thinks it would happen, even if they did fire Jauron ... anyone? ... anyone? ... ok, anyone besides Skooby ... anyone? .... anyone? ...

There is no way Mike comes to Buffalo. The Bills will not pay him enough to come.

I think he would be a good fit. He has coached in cold weather before. He knows how to bring up a QB. He hand picked Matt for the Seattle Job. I live in Seattle and he was well liked by the fans and the media.

Ralph paid for Lou Saban & Chuck Knox, so if he thinks Mike would get him a Super Bowl before he dies, he just might pay for him.

Ralph paid for Lou Saban & Chuck Knox, so if he thinks Mike would get him a Super Bowl before he dies, he just might pay for him.

Your joking right?

Are you comparing what he'd pay for an experienced coach in the 60's or 70's to what he'd have to pay in the year 2010?

:thumbsup:

Paying for a top experienced coach is not even a possibility whether you believe in Ralph or not.

Why put yourself through the heartache of believing it could be so?

The guy hasn't won since the 90's barring Seattle's run to SB XL.

I wouldn't want him. I wouldn't want Cowher either

I may be in the minority, but Mike Shanahan would be my choice before walrus and chin spitter.

The guy hasn't won since the 90's barring Seattle's run to SB XL.

I wouldn't want him. I wouldn't want Cowher either

I may be in the minority, but Mike Shanahan would be my choice before walrus and chin spitter.

Dick Jauron hasn't won ever.

You could take Lou Saban's total income that he made in his lifetime + Chuck Knox's total income he made in his lifetime & times it by 10 & then maybe you would have enough money to entice Holmgren to coach in buffalo for one year.

the day Ralph pays $5m per year for a coach will be the day pigs fly....

Gruden...is the most over rated coach of all time who has only had back to back winning seasons in last 7 years just once, and both were 9-7 and only one of those he made the playoffs. Had a worse collapse to miss playoffs last year than the Bills and DJ...

Fixed

I like Holmgren, but honestly, DJ wont be fired this year because we will win 10+ games this year as long as Trent doesnt blow it. If Trent steps up finally, then we will be a 10+ win playoff team. If Trent stinks up as bad as last year, then we will surely be looking for a QB in 2010 and it will be a 50/50 shot we retain DJ. Depends on how much blame Ralph puts on him or on Trent not getting it done in that scenario. If Trent steps up and we still miss playoffs then DJ is surely gone.

I would take Hoolmgren, Shannahan, or Cowher if we made a coaching change, I just dont think we will because I really feel we make the playoffs this year. I really like TO and Nelson additions for Trents game...not just because they are play makers (well at least TO is so far), but because they give him big underneath targets which is where Trent likes to throw.